Notices

NEW RELEASE!! Precision Turbo Billet 5857 Turbo w/ PTE Cartridge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010 | 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Your right...

Mike apologize for asking a specific question about the engine the turbo is going on... that's totally uncalled for.

Here's the skinny on the turbo... It will make as much power or less than the FP Red, yet spool up slower. Same story as the 3582 and the black.
Old Apr 26, 2010 | 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Your right...

Mike apologize for asking a specific question about the engine the turbo is going on... that's totally uncalled for.

Here's the skinny on the turbo... It will make as much power or less than the FP Red, yet spool up slower. Same story as the 3582 and the black.
"I am so deeply apologetic for asking a question regarding to the motor that this wonderful turbo will be mated too." It is unreal to even give a **** about the motor in the first place...

To say that compression doesn't make a difference is utter BS. A lot can change with the compression regardless of the pistons. You have to look at the Pistons, Head Gasket, Cams, is the deck milled, etc... Compression can change as much as 2:0 ,Want to bet it can't make a viable difference?

Maybe you don't understand that either! Almost forgot, sorry again for going "off topic"

Mikey
Old Apr 26, 2010 | 09:56 PM
Former Sponsor

i was not trying to insult anyones intelligence at all. it is alot simpler to show a link with a description of how everything works. As far as your comment about having david build our engines. this is the FIRST time since 03 anyone has built a engine going in a customer car of ours. he put two holes in his block and didnt have time to get one machined and built. some people just cant wait. I was not trying to dodge any questions just felt as if you were hunting for an argument. while i apoligized for the car not being able to deliver/show is maximun abilities it is not our fault the customer did not agree to have another clutch installed at the time of the build. If you were taking anything i said wrong I am very sorry but this whole build/thread was just to prove that this setup could spool much faster than any other t3 setup and still deliver power. and we have certainly backed that up. Im sure for the people that were waiting for info and results most of them are pleased and happy that they now know how the turbo spools and are set that if this thing can make 420whp at 22psi it can surely deliver 500whp with great spool.

back on topic

Last edited by Force-Fed Performance; Apr 26, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2010 | 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

How was the ACT clutch compared to a stock clutch? My stocker with ~45k miles has held up against 513whp and 413 lb-ft on a DJ. It didn't show signs of slipping but a triple is going in as I type due to the car being down for an unrelated event.

I'm not trying to go blatantly off topic, just curious about the ACT. It will be nice to have peace of mind with the Exedy triple for my setup.

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Those aren't mutually exclusive things you know?
^LOL - this!
Old Apr 26, 2010 | 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
...this thing can make 420whp at 22psi it can surely deliver 500whp with great spool.

back on topic
...how soon a 2.0 could hit full boost on a T3 turbo that is "Rated" about the same as a 35R. it is kind of obvious that the car is capable on making 500hp easily on pump gas if hitting 25psi at 3800RPM and making 420whp on a mustang dyno without any tuning.

Next time we post ill be sure to tweak our dyno so we make 800hp with a setup only capable of 650 or so just to make you happy like alot of other people on here
Hey Justin, just post a plot of the 5857 making 28 PSI @ 3800 or whatever it is. Honestly I don't see it. I'm not calling you a liar sir () but a chart would help avoid people calling BS. Even if the top end of the curve looks horrible, I don't really care. I just want to see the spool characteristics as I think most people here do.

I agree with the guy with the Audi. My GT3076 doesn't make that much boost that low even in 4th and my turbo comes on so fast in 4th, people accuse me of brake boosting.

Last edited by redleg225; Apr 26, 2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2010 | 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

I'll add this, since it's my car that this recent discussion is about...

This turbo Spools ridiculously fast, maybe even as fast as my RED, but with more power up top.
I doubt any Red will make 420-430 at 20-22 psi with 0 timing or fuel.
It's actually almost hard to change gears fast enough.
At 4k you have to hold on, cuz it HITS.
I can't wait to see what 30-35 psi will do.

Background:
I originally had a RED and Meth on the car and had a rod failure and the motor let go.
So I was in a bind and needed this done quickly, to get my car back on the road.
Thats why I went with a BR 2.0 block and Head to get it back ASAP.
Normally FFP does the builds, but I needed it done very fast.
From the time they started, FFP and crew had my motor put together and back in my car in about 3 days.

And the clutch was practically brand new, even though it was an ACT with street disk.
I thought I could get by with it and not have to spend extra money on a clutch.
Since very few results are out there about this turbo, I decided to give it a try with the clutch I had.
When i just forked out a good chunk of change on this build.
It held the RED fine, but not this one.
It just couldn't take the setup and just smoked it, anywhere above 25psi or so.
SO to get my car back to me, i decided to just go with it detuned a bit, til i can get a good twin in there to hold it all.

Anyway, i have an Exedy HD twin going in very soon and should have much better results.
Will update, when the twin goes in.
Old Apr 27, 2010 | 05:43 AM
4DR
Evolved Member

As another member already stated, this turbo in question will make similar or a hair more than a red and spool slower. The 3076 will probably be the closest comparison to it. I've seen it perform on a dyno and I didn't like the spool (journal bearing). Its is not comparable to any 35R turbo and certainly not the black.
Old Apr 27, 2010 | 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Im prolly the biggest morron when it comes to tech info but it seems in the EVO and DSM community the HTA 3586 is the big boy on the block. which turbo comes closest to it? im lookin for a turbo to produce in the 7-750hp range with still great spool up.. and if these new Precision PTE turbos offer better spooling then a garrett unit im all in. I dont understand A/R n what not i do know i should get a T3 flanged turbo tho. If anyone cares to shed some light on these things .
Old Apr 27, 2010 | 09:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by domestickillaAR
Im prolly the biggest morron when it comes to tech info but it seems in the EVO and DSM community the HTA 3586 is the big boy on the block. which turbo comes closest to it? im lookin for a turbo to produce in the 7-750hp range with still great spool up.. and if these new Precision PTE turbos offer better spooling then a garrett unit im all in. I dont understand A/R n what not i do know i should get a T3 flanged turbo tho. If anyone cares to shed some light on these things .
The 3586 isnt exactly the big boy but it is probably the BEST all around turbo for a 750-800hp car.. it spools faster than anything in its HP range..

If your looking to make 700-750 comfortably the 3586 is probably the best all around.. The 6262 will make it but it needs more boost to get there.. it spools a little slower than 3586 also..

Mike
Old Apr 28, 2010 | 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
The 3586 isnt exactly the big boy but it is probably the BEST all around turbo for a 750-800hp car.. it spools faster than anything in its HP range..

If your looking to make 700-750 comfortably the 3586 is probably the best all around.. The 6262 will make it but it needs more boost to get there.. it spools a little slower than 3586 also..

Mike
Mike thank you for your quick responce. Im in need of a custom motor built also...Im thinking of doing a 2.2L 4g63. Its my thinking that the larger displacement will help spool up over a 2.0 or a 2.1 yet still allow for higher revs(also something in the 9.1 comp ratio). Now my setup will be run on nothing but E-85. I dont know what kind of boost that allows for safely. Would the HTA 3586 still be my best choice or even the 3582? Im affraid with my fuel requirements 700-750 may be outa reach. again thank you for your insight even with my lack of knowledge .
Old Apr 29, 2010 | 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Good Thread, can't wait to see some real dyno numbers
Old May 3, 2010 | 10:28 PM
Account Disabled

Any updates?
Old May 4, 2010 | 12:38 PM

I will try to pull the graph off the dyno tomorrow bud.
This car is on a built 2.0 with 9.0:1 compression and a BR head
Is it tomorrow yet? The head will definitely flow better than mine, my compression is 9.1:1 from the pistons then a little higher from resurfacing of the block and head.
Old May 6, 2010 | 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Popped by to see if there's any results for this PTE 5857 yet

As far as the Specs go the closest rival to the 5857 is the HTA 3076

5857 has a billet 76mm exd, 58mm ind, Compressor wheel matted to a T3 65mm ind, 57mm exd turbine wheel (F1 57)

Claimed output rating is 600HP

35R has a 82mm exd, 61mm ind ; 68mm turbine wheel
vs
30R has a 76mm exd, 57mm ind ; 60mm turbine wheel

I would rekon the 30R will spool a few 100rpm quicker than the 5857 as it has a smaller 60mm turbine wheel.

hope to see some comparative results soon (ps. Lag is Over-rated)

Old May 6, 2010 | 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

8 months later and still nothing but speculation. Time to scratch this one off the list.

Quick Reply: NEW RELEASE!! Precision Turbo Billet 5857 Turbo w/ PTE Cartridge!!!!