Notices

9sec9.com C/F components in stock and available now!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9sec9.com C/F components in stock and available now!

Our Cam Sensor Heatshield protects the cam sensor from heat created by exhaust manifolds. Heat can destroy the cam sensor causing catastropohic engine failure. These are made from carbon fiber and are covered with a heat reflective film that reflects 98% of radiant heat. More info can be found in this review https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...or-shield.html

This Carbon Fiber Heated Air Block STOPS! the engines hot air from being pulled into your air filter. We've seen many Boxes, air tubes, etc to get fresh air to your air filter. We wanted something simple to install, inexpensive and functional. After testing this on Indy's car, the times dropped from 11.82 to 11.66 and the MPH improved. Before, we saw intake air temps not 'clearing out to ambient' until the car was well down the track and at the top of 3rd gear. Now, every pass shows the intake temps going ambient by the top of 1st, but no later than early 2nd gear. Every improvement helps when you're squeezing hundredths out of your times. These are only available for stock intake tube applications, stock battery, w/Vibrant MAF adaptors. We are working on an additional part for the FP intake tube and also mini battery applications.

Heat Block for Mini Battery applications.

We also will be offering a DIY "trim to fit kit: upper panel, these will not have the scoop of MAF holes.
This lower panel is also a DIY " trim to fit kit" since there are so many variations of LICP and intake tubes, and will be available for those who wish to seal off the Heat Block to the frame rail.

Carbon Fiber aerodynamic panels for lower, front bumper area. Fits Mitsubish Evo IX. These clean up the front bumper cover and reduce "aero" drag and are used by some of the quickest and fastest Evo IX's on this forum.These panels are generally installed using clear heli tape or double sided tape at critical points on the back side. These panels are built exclusively for 9sec9.com by the same company that builds many Indy car body parts.

Upper Bumper Duct Shutter, Intercooler Shutter for water to air intercooler applications (to be used with Aero Panels Shutters), Side Mirror Delete Panels

These components along with Wilson Manifolds record setting W series intake manifolds, D-Rail fuel rail kits, Nitrous Pro Flow systems, Hoosier 245/45/17 Drag Radials and more are available now at 9sec9.com. 9sec9/Indy - Spark Tech ignition's coming soon.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Dec 4, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

So what's the price on the "air block"?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Intake Heat Shield looks good...I am looking forward to one that will fit a mini battery kit...

Last edited by 06MREvo; Nov 19, 2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor

You can check out 9sec9.com for pricing and availability.

We should have a shield for the mini battery ready to proof in another week, along with a new MAF bracket.

Welcome Carz Performance in Lakewood, Colorado 720-214-5095 our latest distributor of 9sec9.com racing components .

Last edited by Indy Evo; Nov 17, 2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good stuff guys!
Will be ordering soon!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I have this cam shield. It works and looks great!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Intake HEAT Shield looks good...I am looking forward to one that will fit a mini battery kit...
Jim worked quite a bit on getting this heat shield created and tested. On multiple track days, we watched the intake air temps pretty close and it was obvious that it does it's job very well. At the track, or stop and go traffic, the engine heat contributes substantially to the intake air temps. By blocking out the engine heat and keeping most of it on the 'backside' of this shield, it allows the fresher/cooler air from the fenderwell area to be used.

Think about how much time at idle goes by between the staging lanes and the staging lights. Before the heat block, the intake temps would not reach ambient tempurature again until well down the track, usually 3rd gear. With the block, the intake temps go ambient often by the top of 1st and no later than early 2nd gear. Heat kills horsepower. Nice job Jim.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 07:49 AM
Former Sponsor

9sec9.com's carbon MAF mount will be available next week . Be sure to visit 9sec9.com for component info and performance updates. Indy
Old Nov 19, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Will the CF block work with an aftermarket intake/turbo setup or only factory housing turbo/intake setups?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

I have a buschur intake and nisei mini battery kit but I want that carbon heat shield very badly! Please hurry and produce one so that I can buy it! I also like the weave/coloring of your carbon fiber, so If you are going to be making any other pieces such as spark plug covers or timing belt coves, please let me know.

-Ben
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BluByYouEvoVIII
Will the CF block work with an aftermarket intake/turbo setup or only factory housing turbo/intake setups?
Since there are so many different combinations of tubes and filter assemblys, we will make some panels without the hole for the stock tube and MAF. These would be a trim to fit kit for DIY guys, and should cover a wide range of tube filter combos.

Originally Posted by BenJ
I have a buschur intake and nisei mini battery kit but I want that carbon heat shield very badly! Please hurry and produce one so that I can buy it! I also like the weave/coloring of your carbon fiber, so If you are going to be making any other pieces such as spark plug covers or timing belt coves, please let me know.

-Ben
We are two weeks away from a mini battery version.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Nov 19, 2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Since there are so many different combinations of tubes and filter assemblys, we will make some panels without the hole for the stock tube and MAF. These would be a trim to fit kit for DIY guys, and should cover a wide range of tube filter combos.

Exactly what I wanted to hear

I'de love to try one of these out.

Looks like a quality product
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

We are two weeks away from a mini battery version.
Very good to know...So since its gonna be more of a DIY heat shield will be end up being cheaper or around the same price as your stock battery/stock intake snorkel heat shield?? Def. subscribed to see the DIY heat shield!!

Edit: I am working on trying to find some type of 3 inch air duct, like companies use for their brake kits, so I can run the air duct from my front right air dam up to my perrin filter and THIS piece would be VERY nice to finish off my setup with...

Last edited by 06MREvo; Nov 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 04:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Great talking to you 06, I'm looking forward to the photo's. I know we can whip something up that will work for you. Indy

Only 3 Cam Sensor Shields, 1 Heated Air Block, and 2 sets of Aero Shutters left untill the first week of December order yours today!

Last edited by Indy Evo; Nov 20, 2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Great talking to you 06, I'm looking forward to the photo's. I know we can whip something up that will work for you. Indy

Only 3 Cam Sensor Shields, 1 Heated Air Block, and 2 sets of Aero Shutters left untill the first week of December order yours today!
Awesome talking to you too Indy, Email works now so ill send the pics over soon...keep up the great work...

Quick Reply: 9sec9.com C/F components in stock and available now!