Notices

MAP O2 Eliminator Downpipe Helps Power 9sec9/OKIX to 9.53 @ 148mph!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2009, 04:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MAP O2 Eliminator Downpipe Helps Power 9sec9/OKIX to 9.53 @ 148mph!

I know this is old news by now, but I wanted to congratulate Tom on his latest accomplishment and wish him the best in his quest for low 9's on a stock frame turbo! We are excited to be even a small part of your continued success!

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Your (MAP) O2/Tial dump was the perfect combination for putting our Wilson Manifolds Evo IX into the 9's. It worked perfectly in every respect. It' only a matter of time until others begin to use this combination of winning parts.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 04:48 PM
CMB
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice looking peice! Is the flapper still on the hotside or is it removed ?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thats awesome...didn't know he was using that...Good stuff...congrats to both parties...
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

The more I look at the quality of you guys work, the more I'm thinking of doing a full MAPerformance build. To the Wilson Manifolds team and MAPerformance, continue the great work!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just logged in and saw this thread. Chris, I have to disagree about this being a SMALL part of our success. When Indy and I decided on what we needed to control our power, I began looking for the "parts" to get the job done. Through a google search, I was directed to your thread about this and couldn't believe that MAP had already built EXACTLY what we wanted to build. Not close, but exactly. This piece, in conjunction with our boost control system, has made it extremely easy for us to test at different boost pressures. It allows us to keep the turbo shaft speed at optimum rpm's, without over spinning, or leaving too much power on the table. There's very few parts that I'll endorse for ANYONE, but this one is right at the top of my favorite list. Thanks again for building it.

added: As for the flapper. I learned last year that the flapper only needs to open very slightly to control the boost. Knowing that, I didn't want to modify a perfectly good housing, so I simply opened the flapper up to full-open and used a strong spring to keep it there. No mods, just a good spring. Boost is perfectly controlled without having to modify the turbo.

Last edited by 9sec9; Nov 24, 2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:50 AM

I've wanted to use a AMS 500 for a while now. I will be switching over to the MAP MVS DP and the 500 next year after I get the initial bugs out of my setup. Keep up the good work MAP and 9sec9.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 9sec9
I just logged in and saw this thread. Chris, I have to disagree about this being a SMALL part of our success. When Indy and I decided on what we needed to control our power, I began looking for the "parts" to get the job done. Through a google search, I was directed to your thread about this and couldn't believe that MAP had already built EXACTLY what we wanted to build. Not close, but exactly. This piece, in conjunction with our boost control system, has made it extremely easy for us to test at different boost pressures. It allows us to keep the turbo shaft speed at optimum rpm's, without over spinning, or leaving too much power on the table. There's very few parts that I'll endorse for ANYONE, but this one is right at the top of my favorite list. Thanks again for building it.
Anytime sir, congrats again!