Notices

MAPerformance Releases Turbo Outlet for Evo 8 & 9

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Correct sir, but keep in mind we won't put our name on just anything, this truly is a quality piece!
I cocnur. I've seen this o2 housing used on many solid setups and it has definitely been one that I've had my eye on.

I really would LOVE to run on of your o2/dp combo's with recirculated WG pipe, but it's $$$ that I just don't have right now. Even moreso, I'd love to run your o2/dp combo with the 38mm external Tial MVS WG, but when you add the price of the recir pipe and the WG, it comes out to be $800!

IMO, the best exhaust setup to me would be your o2/dp combo with v-bands straight to my Jun B.L. exhaust (also v-band). The only bolts/screws I'd have to worry about would be between the turbo and the o2/dp. All mated to a BBK-B. Ahhhh..... that would be sweet.
I will get the option added now, I can't believe I forgot about that!
I was going to mention this as well.

Chris, is there anyway to compare your exhaust coatings to the White Lightining coating offered by Swain-Tech?

-Jalal
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Chris, is there anyway to compare your exhaust coatings to the White Lightining coating offered by Swain-Tech?

-Jalal
I'm sure Bob could shed some light on that, feel free to give him a call to discuss!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

WOW, nice piece guys! Great price too! I expect nothing less!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:48 PM
Account Disabled

Thing is moneyz!

Reminds me of the Titek V2.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warp9
Nice looking peice! May i suggest a V-band and matching downpipe? That I would buy!
why not just buy there o2 housing+ downpipe... since.. its 1 piece?
O2 Eliminator Downpipe ""
Old Apr 25, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

In need of an O2 housing and Ported Exhaust mani so I'm definitely interested in MAPs stuff. Isn't the titek v2 3 inches?

Also could anyone answer the question about the need for the stock bracket? The invidia comes with it but is it really necessary?

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
We have installed a lot of Invidia's and I personally had one on my EVO when I owned it. I had zero problems with the bracket not being on there, and never heard anything from my customers about having an issue with o2 housings not having the mounting point for it.

Last edited by maperformance; Apr 26, 2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SPANKED
Isn't the titek v2 3 inches?
No it is not, the Invidia is 2.75" and the largest offering that I'm aware of that doesn't require a custom downpipe as it utilizes a different donut gasket than the factory piece that most o2 housings reuse.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

No it is not, the Invidia is 2.75" and the largest offering that I'm aware of that doesn't require a custom downpipe as it utilizes a different donut gasket than the factory piece that most o2 housings reuse.
Thanks so in your opinion which one will flow the best, Invidia, Titek or MAP's?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPANKED
Thanks so in your opinion which one will flow the best, Invidia, Titek or MAP's?
Hoping for an unbiased opinion are we?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Haha good call
Old Apr 26, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If your in the market for a recirced O2 housing, your going to want the MAP unit. I'd go with it over the Invidia/Megan/Ebay/etc any day of the week.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4xforce
Hoping for an unbiased opinion are we?
Well they sell all three and I'm picking one up from MAP regardless which one they choose, so I'm hoping they will give me their honest opinion.

The Invidia and Titek are larger than MAPs version so what makes MAPs flow better? The port work?

Also what's everyone's opinion on coating? Should I get it coated or not? Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

I've spent many posts and hours reading about the best o2 housing options and there are a few things that really stand out to me. Everyone thinks theirs is better than brand "x". Nobody seems to make a true 3" o2 housing (not o2/downpipe combo) that is worth buying. AND many of those on the market are not backed up by any before and after dyno or something to show how they compare in this current market. I am still struggling with matching up a 2.5" o2 housing outlet to my 3" downpipe. Seems absurd and *** backwards to me. PLEASE PLEASE MAP..... do some sort of a dyno on your recirc o2/downpipe combo so I can put this to rest and concentrate on someone else to pester!!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
The problem why nobody makes a 3" outlet o2 housing is because downpipes on the market as designed for the stock o2 housing which is 2.5" outlet. Nobody wants to make a 3" downpipe and not have a o2 housing that is required to install it.

That is why we made the o2 eliminator downpipe, because instead of making a o2 housing and a downpipe, because you can't buy one without the other. You might as well get the full 3" assembly without any 2-bolt connections.

We would add a v-band to our o2 eliminator downpipe but there is no room where the traditional connection would be.

Its a huge debacle and headache, and in my opinion the best option is our downpipe, its 3" continuous and if you would like to be two pieces, you would have to do it after the oil pan.

Quick Reply: MAPerformance Releases Turbo Outlet for Evo 8 & 9