Notices

New EBCS Pro From PERRIN - Boost Control Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New EBCS Pro From PERRIN - Boost Control Solenoid

The EBCS Pro Series 3-Port Electronic Boost Control Solenoid is designed to control todays high performance wastgates with it's ultra fast response and bomb proof design.

The PERRIN EBCS™ was the first and original aftermarket boost control solenoid, and now we have taken it one step further with the EBCS Pro™! The EBCS Pro™ is now made from higher quality materials (no plastic) includes improved fittings (again no plastic), rated to 250F (compared to just 150F) and even faster response time(twice as fast). We have explained why it's better than the old one, now why do you need this at all? Simple! Better boost control from your turbocharged engine!

The PERRIN EBCS Pro™ functions very different than the OEM solenoid. You will get faster boost response (more power down low), and the ability to hold more boost at higher RPM's. Who wouldn't want more boost, more power, and better response!?

Since the EBCS Pro™ works differently than stock, it does require ECU re-tuning. Retail clients can contact us directly for most popular Subaru and Mitsubishi mapping needs. But, if you are a professional tuner, we provide a growing number of car specific tech tips to help get your own maps dialed so everyone can benefit from the PERRIN EBCS Pro™!

EBCS Pro Installed On Various Vehicles

Got Questions? Just Ask, We Are Ready To Help.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

How much?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In what way does the functionality of this EBCS differ from other three port options like the previous Perrin and Grimmspeed that makes it "twice as fast"?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4xforce
in what way does the functionality of this ebcs differ from other three port options like the previous perrin and grimmspeed that makes it "twice as fast"?
+1 ^^^^
Old Jun 6, 2010, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

bump we want answers! ha ha looks like a great peice
Old Jun 6, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

In what way does the functionality of this EBCS differ from other three port options like the previous Perrin and Grimmspeed that makes it "twice as fast"?
Bump on this!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

I can't believe this is a new product that is claimed to be twice as fast and there have been requests for detailed info and nobody can seem to produce any!! It's been over a month now. Does anybody have experience with this "new" solenoid that would be able to compare it to the "old" Perrin solenoid? Is there any test data to show the improvement in a real world application or why anyone would benefit from it being twice as fast? I thought the old design was plenty fast enough. No?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

I can't believe this is a new product that is claimed to be twice as fast and there have been requests for detailed info and nobody can seem to produce any!! It's been over a month now. Does anybody have experience with this "new" solenoid that would be able to compare it to the "old" Perrin solenoid? Is there any test data to show the improvement in a real world application or why anyone would benefit from it being twice as fast? I thought the old design was plenty fast enough. No?
Some info in here. Can't say it's ebcs pro specific but a good read none the less.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/pages/show/113
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Ya that's a good read for those who are interested in how the boost controller works in conjunction with the turbo and wastegate. I was really wanting to know specifically how someone who uses their old 3 port design would benefit from the new design. I don't want to buy something I won't notice any improvement from just because someone says it's better.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PERRIN_JOHN

Got Questions? Just Ask, We Are Ready To Help.

^^ Ya that's a good read for those who are interested in how the boost controller works in conjunction with the turbo and wastegate. I was really wanting to know specifically how someone who uses their old 3 port design would benefit from the new design. I don't want to buy something I won't notice any improvement from just because someone says it's better.