Notices

Forced Induction Development (FiD) - New Product Announcement

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forced Induction Development (FiD) - New Product Announcement

New Product Line by Forced Induction Development (FiD)

Evo 7-9 Billet Competition Fuel Rail

The FiD EVO 7-9 competition fuel rail allows additional fuel flow to support higher boost levels and ethanol fuels(E85/E98). The rail is designed to be used it conjunction w/ aftermarket fuel lines and pressure regulator.

Features:
-Designed to work w/ all factory style injectors.

-CNC machined from 6061 billet aluminum.

-8AN ORB inlet/outlet featuring ½" bore throughout.

-Mounts w/ supplied flush mounted cap screws which provides a clean smooth appearance.

-Anodized finish w/ engraved FiD logo.

-Available in three different colors : Black, Gold, Silver.

Click link below to order online:
PART #: FID-FUE-30000 (FiD Evo 7-9 Competition Fuel Rail)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evo 7-9 Billet Front Motor Mount

The FiD Evo 7-9 billet front motor mount is designed to stiffen and eliminate all the slop incorporated w/ the OEM factory mount and improve overall feel.

Features:
-CNC machined from billet 6061 aluminum

-Sleeve is machined of 1018 and zinc plated

-80A durometer insert bushings

-Anodized finish in gold

PART #: FID-EXT-30015 (FiD Evo 7-9 Billet Front Motor Mount)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evo 7-9 Billet EGR Blockoff Plate

The FiD Evo 7-9 EGR blockoff plate is designed for those who have eliminated emissions/EGR valve and looking for a clean look and solution to block off the vacuum ports incorporated w/ the EGR valve.

Features:
-CNC machined from 6061 billet aluminum

-Mounts w/ supplied flush mounted cap screws providing a clean smooth appearance.

-Anodized finish w/ engraved FiD logo.

PART #: FID-ENG-30000 (FiD Evo 7-9 EGR Blockoff Plate)

Evo 7-9 Small Battery Mounting kit

The FiD Evo 7-9 small battery mounting kit allows you to replace your heavy bulky factory battery with a lightweight Hawker/Odyssey mini battery. The kit significantly reduces weight and allows space for better intercooler pipe routing. Tray mounts to factory mounting points allowing for an easy bolt-on installation.

Features:
-Designed to fit the Hawker/Odyssey PC680 size battery, may fit others of similar size.

-CNC machined tie-down and tray from 6061 billet aluminum.

-Laser cut and CNC bent 6061 aluminum mounting bracket.

-Battery tie down secured w/ 3/8" flush-mount socket cap screws providing a clean smooth appearance.

-Black anodized finish w/ engraved FiD logo.

-Available with or without Odyssey PC680 mini battery.

PART #: FID-EXT-30001 (FiD Evo 7-9 Small Battery Mounting kit w/o battery)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evo 8/9 FiD Billet Aluminum Vacuum Manifold Kit - Available in Black and Red

Specifically designed for forced induction applications that require multiple vacuum sources.

Features:
-Precision CNC machined from 6061T6 billet aluminum.

-Laser cut and CNC bent aluminum mounting bracket designed to mount to the front strut tower brace on the evo 8/9.

-Has six 1/8" NPT ports for items such as fuel pressure regulator, blow-off valve, MAP sensor, boost controller, boost gauge, and any other engine components that require a vacuum source.

-Has two 1/4" NPT ports for vacuum supply and/or source.

-Available in two different colors : Black, Red.

Fittings include:
(qty 1) 1/4"NPT Hex Socket Plug (Brass)
(qty 2) 1/8"NPT Hex Socket Plug (Brass)
(qty 2) 1/8"NPT x 3/16" Hose Adaptor (Brass)
(qty 2) 1/8"NPT x 1/4" Hose Adaptor (Brass)
(qty 1) 1/4"NPT x 1/4" Hose Adaptor (Brass)

PART #: FID-EXT-30010 (Evo 8/9 FiD Billet Aluminum Vacuum Manifold Kit)

Last edited by FiD-Turbo.com; Aug 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

bump.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

In the picture, what vacuum source have you used to supply the manifold?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

I have one on my car I can take a pic and post it if you want...It helped me remove all of the emission lines and cleaned everything up..

You can use brake booster line.. or I use the larger 90 degree nipple on the middle of the intake manifold to feed the end of the vac block..
1 line goes to inside of cabin to boost gauge
1 line goes to FPR
1 line goes to BOV

You could run a line to wastegate and tap in a boost controller but on my pte turbo there is a nipple on the cold side and I just ran a line from the nipple to the wastegate.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Aliengotpsi
I have one on my car I can take a pic and post it if you want...It helped me remove all of the emission lines and cleaned everything up..

You can use brake booster line.. or I use the larger 90 degree nipple on the middle of the intake manifold to feed the end of the vac block..
1 line goes to FPR
1 line goes to BOV

You could run a line to wastegate and tap in a boost controller but on my pte turbo there is a nipple on the cold side and I just ran a line from the nipple to the wastegate.
Thanks for answering boltz's question.

MrC
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Aliengotpsi

1 line goes to FPR
1 line goes to BOV

Do you have EGR delete? I just reconfigured the hoses cuz my boost guage was getting vac from TB and I guess those 2 nipples are supposed to be capped along with the FPR solenoid (which weren't and I am having stall issues). Right now I have the vac from the left-most nipple split to go to my FPR and the vac for the boost guage.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is will this help with my stall issue? (If it is a vac leak from the IM area?)
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FiD-Turbo.com
Thanks for answering boltz's question.

MrC
I'm confused if it has. I asked in the picture you provided which vac line this would hook up to?

I ask because I wouldn't run a vacuum manifold off of a single vac nipple to the I/M because that defeats the purpose of the vac mani in the first place. IMO, It should be tapped into the brake booster line and the fittings seem a little small for that.

The vac mani installed the way it is in the picture looks like it would function the same as doing like a 4-1 plastic vacuum fitting on one nipple off the I/M
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Boltz.
I'm confused if it has. I asked in the picture you provided which vac line this would hook up to?

I ask because I wouldn't run a vacuum manifold off of a single vac nipple to the I/M because that defeats the purpose of the vac mani in the first place. IMO, It should be tapped into the brake booster line and the fittings seem a little small for that.

The vac mani installed the way it is in the picture looks like it would function the same as doing like a 4-1 plastic vacuum fitting on one nipple off the I/M
You can supply the vac source to the vac block either using one of the two vac port on top of the factory manifold (which was used in the picture above) or use a 5/16" x 5/16" x 1/4" t-fitting to tap the brake boost line for the vac supply to the vac block. The benefit of th vac block is that you don't have to daily chain a bunch of t-fittings onto the same vac line as you add additional parts that require a vac source. A 4-1 plastic source does not offer the same flexibility as a vac block. With the vac block, you can use any size barb fitting with a 1/8" npt male that would connect properly to the size of the vac line to your accessory. most boost gauges use a 1/8" id vac line, racing bov like tial and turbosmart uses 1/4" vac line, FPR uses 1/8" vac line.

MrC
Old Jul 19, 2010, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

There's a few more pictures of the vac block and mini battery mount in our turbo thread below:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...turbo-kit.html

MrC
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:23 PM

bump
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:26 AM

Items are IN STOCK and ready to ship.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:13 AM

bump
Old Jul 26, 2010, 08:19 AM