Notices

AMS Newly Engineering EVO VII-IX Cast V-band turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by STi*guy.kiev
How many internet posts about single scroll spools fine can we tolerate AND let companies get away with saving a couple hundred bucks on routing a second wastegate ??

DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT THERE WOULD BE INSTANCES OF CUSTOMERS UNHAPPY AS TO WHY THIER NEW KIT HAS TWO HOLES WHEN THEY ARE USED TO HAVING ONE?

I DONT EVEN SEE A NEED FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION...
I SERIOUSLY FEEL LIKE GIFTING YOU GUYS AN TWINSCROLL EFR JUST TO HAVE YOU GUYS STEP UP AND MAKE A KIT.....
You can take that EFR and throw it in the canal because MOST OF US wont even use it for free.. I havent seen it PROVEN to do ANYTHING SPECTACULAR yet either.. And PLEASE dont even mention the name Sierra Sierra I dont even want to hear it.. 1 car that " supposedly " runs that turbo is not PROVEN.. I have seen cars with AEM Cases with motec inside of them.. Dont come in and ruin AMS vendor announcement thread.. If you wannt go debat twin scroll with the other twin scroll ***** on here make your own thread..

Mike
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice kit AMS. I like the cast pieces.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very nice kit Eric!!
I am truly impressed that you continue to release new parts for Evo VII-IX's, as well as re-engineer older kits, and improve them. Well done guys.
Glad you haven't forgot about the 4G63.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

I like the cast kit it makes it soo clean looking. Will these be available with a WG dump? Also whats the pricing on one of these? Im looking at the possibility of upgrading my turbo sometime later this year.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice, the cast will do nicely on a DD
Old Jun 7, 2011, 08:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Definitely liking the cast pieces. Also definitely liking the WG recirculation..Very nice AMS.. Nice to see someone still working on the CT9A platform and updating and improving on design.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

We are working on fabricating an open dump option which will be available when the kit is released.

Unfortunately we don't have pricing available just yet but we will closer to the release of the kit when everything is finalized.

Last edited by Andrew@AMS; Jun 8, 2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
Why are you still running a three bolt flange on the 02 housing instead of a v-band if we are going to have to buy your down pipe anyways.
I love this kit, but thought the same thing. Still love it!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So anyways....AMS keep up the good work!!!!!!!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by STi*guy.kiev
Im sure the peak-power "OUTMATCH" you're talking about rises PROPORTIONALLY with airflow (which advantages CHAMPION AMS cars, other dyno queens and empty drag soda cans using overboost, race fuels, flatfootshifting, ETC USED TO KEEP THE CAR ALIVE AT LEAST FOR A COUPLE OF 10 SEC STINTS A SEASON) but its been proven time and time again that corner exit torque and OVERALL throttle-power response (ACCELARATION) outmatch trap speeds (TOPEND) at the curcuit, road course, touge, road racing, streetracing, auto-x, drifting, etc. AND MAKE FOR A MUCH MORE USABLE AND OBTAINABLE FUN.

NOW PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS, AND ADD A FRICKEN SECOND WASTEGATE AND EXHAUST INLET HOLE.. AND GO FOR A RIDE YOURSELF BEHIND THE WHEEL. WHENS THE LAST TIME YOU DROVE A TWINSCROLL, TWIN EWG, CAST MANIFOLD, BILLET WHEEL, V-BAND EVO??

WHATS THE POINT OF GAUGING INTEREST IN THIS FORUM FOR PRODUCT RESEARCH, and YET YOU COME OUT WITH A PRODUCT FOR A DISCONTINUED CAR, and AGAIN SINGLESCROLL....

HERE IS THE LIST OF POSSIBLE REPLYS ON THIS TOPIC FROM YOU

1). If you're looking for spool/response why not go with established, abundant stock frame turbo and not flame in this AMS vendor section?

BECAUSE I WANT THE GAINS I ASKED FROM YOU WITH A SMOOTH CAST MANIFOLD
BECAUSE I DONT WANT THE RESTRICTION FROM THE STOCK HOTSIDE HOUSING MEANT FOR 220whp.
BECAUSE I WANT BALL BEARINGS
BECAUSE I WANT BILLET WHEELS
BECAUSE I DONT WANT TURBULENCE IN THE TURBINE, I WANT TO USE EWG FOR FLOW BENEFIT (WHICH INCREASES WITH THE DECREASE OF TURBINE SIZE, AND ASPECT RATIO)
BECAUSE I WANT V-BANDS

2). DRIFTING IS NOT DONE IN AWD CARS

FALSE
We are not making a twin scroll turbo kit. You are getting all fired up like this is some government mandated product that you have to buy. If you do not like our kit then I would politely recommend you go someplace else. Our friends at Full-Race have a nice twin scroll kit you can purchase: http://www.full-race.com/store/turbo...turbo-kit.html

BTW your methods about trying to get what you want could be polished a bit. Shouting and yelling isn't going to get you far. This thread wasn't about gauging interest. The kit was designed a while ago and we are merely giving people a sneak peak at it. Designing a kit based on what seems to be for one guy on EVOM would be a pretty poor business decision.

We also sell several DIY parts for guys looking to custom fabricate their own parts. We sell just about everything needed to build a turbo kit. You clearly are very passionate about this so I would suggest venturing out and trying this on your own.

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jun 9, 2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

Eric youre absolutely right, I like your product!

I was upset because I actually started a thread a year ago in your subforum GAUGING interest in a cast twinscroll kit..

whats the better medium, the tial gt3076x or the AMS 750 turbo?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Honestly I have never tested the two turbo's back to back. The New Garrett stuff seems nice but its pricey. Our 750R has proven itself to make VERY good power. Here is a thread an EVO X owner just did on a 750R turbo kit: http://www.evox forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50133

Edit I guess they dont want me to post from there. Just highlight the link and paste it in your browser but take out the space after evox

Eric
Old Jun 10, 2011, 08:31 AM
SME
Evolved Member

Gorgeous, this piece looks great!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:05 AM

Eric has this kit been released yet?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EDDIE12
Eric has this kit been released yet?
Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
The new kit should have an official release in around 6 weeks. We will keep you posted with pricing and details as it becomes available.

Quick Reply: AMS Newly Engineering EVO VII-IX Cast V-band turbo kit