Notices

MAP Turbochargers Official Release / Beta Testing Program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
MAP Turbochargers Official Release / Beta Testing Program

MAP EF2 Turbocharger $1695 MSRP

Introducing the MAP EF2 turbocharger, the smallest of our three variations. Don't let its size fool you though, this bad boy retains incredible spool characteristics and packs a significant punch up to 450whp. The EF2 is a great choice for those looking to retain some "stomp and go" in their daily driver or a corner-ripping solution for the road course or autocross.

This turbo features upgraded thrust components with dual oiling ports for improved lubrication along with a brand new, super efficient compressor blade profile that we are confident will outperform any wheel with the same inducer/exducer dimensions. What more could you possibly be after? Well if it's more power, check out the MAP EF3!

MAP EF3 Turbocharger $1999 MSRP

Introducing the MAP EF3, our attempt at the proverbial "best of both worlds" turbocharger. It's capable of making 100whp more than the EF2 (more than enough to add a window to your stock block should you so choose) while still retaining manageable spool characteristics for your daily driver or weekend warrior.

This turbo features upgraded thrust components with dual oiling ports for improved lubrication, upgraded thrust bearing material, and a brand new, super efficient compressor blade profile that we are confident will outperform any wheel with the same inducer/exducer dimensions. What more could you possibly be after? Well if it's more power, check out the MAP EF4!

MAP EF4 Turbocharger $1999 MSRP

Introducing the MAP EF4, one of the biggest and baddest turbochargers ever squeezed into a stock frame housing. Capable of 650whp this turbocharger offers incredible spool characteristics in comparison to similarly sized T3 turbochargers due to the twin scroll turbine housing, not to mention you are able to reuse your exhaust manifold / O2 housing / downpipe making this the most affordable route to 650whp as well!

This turbo features upgraded thrust components with dual oiling ports for improved lubrication, upgraded thrust bearing material, and a brand new, super efficient compressor blade profile that we are confident will outperform any wheel with the same inducer/exducer dimensions. If you want more than 650whp then you're going to have to ditch the stock frame mindset. Be sure to check out the MAP T3 Turbo Kit (Coming Soon)!

Frequently Asked Questions

Can you provide compressor maps or flow rates?

We are working on obtaining flow rates and should have that information in 1-2 weeks. Compressor maps are much harder to obtain, but we will be exploring the possibility further.

What can I expect the EFX turbocharger to make at XXpsi and when will it hit peak boost?

Although we have done extensive testing in house the vehicle we utilized is not an ideal platform to adequately answer these questions (2.4L, Stage 5 Cylinder Head, GSC S3 Cams, 5" Intercooler, etc.). We developed this beta testing program along with the 20% discount incentive with the goal of obtaining real world feedback from several different sources to compile a database of results specifically to address such questions in the near future.

How does your EFX turbocharger compare to an (Insert competitor here)?

We are confident that our turbochargers will outperform anything on the market with similar inducer/exducer dimensions. With that being said we have not yet been able to directly compare our turbos against that of the competition. We currently have some in house testing in the works, and we fully expect comparisons to be made from the beta testing group as well.

Do you offer these in ball bearing?

At this point in time they are only offered in journal bearing configurations. Rest assured we are working diligently to develop a reliable ball bearing solution, but we are still a ways out.

Beta Testing Program & Incentives

Our initial batch of approximately 75 turbochargers will be distributed via our Beta Testing Program. Essentially, we will be passing along a 20% discount to early adopters in return for their feedback in regards to spool characteristics, power output, etc so that we can compile a database of information and real world results for each of our turbo variations. If you would like more information in regards to our Beta Testing Program please contact your favorite MAP sales rep today as quantities are limited!

Designed, machined, assembled, and balanced at MAP in the good 'ole USA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlBd2bOSNCk

Last edited by maperformance; Jun 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Turbos are tough... Finally the info is out
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Installation kit pricing will be up shortly!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The EF4 looks nice. Im looking forward to checking out the ef3 in person.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Good stuff! I suspect that eventually this three-headed monster will be down to two in the future. Esp with two of them being the same price. Still waiting to hear more about that upgrade option. Subscribed

Last edited by PsychDr. HN$; Jun 1, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Actually it will remain the three as each turbo has different benefits. A forth might be added in the future!

-Adam
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PsychDr. HN$
Good stuff! I suspect that eventually this three-headed monster will be down to two in the future. Esp with two of them being the same size. Still waiting to hear more about that upgrade option. Subscribed
Each of these turbos features a significantly different size compressor wheel sir?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

They look nice
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

I like the look of these! Making my turbo selection even harder haha...Any info on compressor maps or anything yet? What A/R's will be available?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTim06
I like the look of these! Making my turbo selection even harder haha...Any info on compressor maps or anything yet? What A/R's will be available?
Flow rates will be available in the near future, compressor maps are harder to obtain but we are looking into it! All housings at this point are 10.5cm
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
any graphs on the 700+ run? is that turbo not released yet? ef4 only rated to 650.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Each of these turbos features a significantly different size compressor wheel sir?
I meant to say price but I do understand how each has its own selling point.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by omniprobe
any graphs on the 700+ run? is that turbo not released yet? ef4 only rated to 650.
That was the EF4 at its maximum capacity, for warranty purposes we cannot condone running the turbocharger at such levels as it may adversely affect longevity. All of these turbochargers are capable of significantly more than our rating, it would just be impossible for us to warrant them at those levels, make sense?

Originally Posted by PsychDr. HN$
I meant to say price but I do understand how each has its own selling point.
Oh I see. And yes it all depends on what your goals are for your specific application, if 550whp will fulfill your goals why not go with the EF3 and enjoy quicker spool

Last edited by maperformance; Jun 1, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you guys have any dyno graphs for the EF2 running higher boost such as in the 26-30psi range? The graph you guys have posted is at 21psi
Old Jun 1, 2011, 05:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo8426
Do you guys have any dyno graphs for the EF2 running higher boost such as in the 26-30psi range? The graph you guys have posted is at 21psi
I will see what I can come up with

Quick Reply: MAP Turbochargers Official Release / Beta Testing Program