Notices

Insane Speed Billet Transmission Case is DONE!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Nice step over... are you guys new to machining?

Should've stepped up and bought a 5-axis, makes that 3-axis work look like a chump did it.
Glass half empty as usual.

I, for one, will commend Insanespeed for taking this step and going through with it. No need to knock anyone for this.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by h22gordo
Glass half empty as usual.

I, for one, will commend Insanespeed for taking this step and going through with it. No need to knock anyone for this.
That's not glass half empty... that's working in the industry of high accuracy 5-axis milling and knowing better.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Very nice looking piece! I love the machined billet! It would be nice to see an integrated scatter shield. Do you have plans on making a stronger transfer case?

Interesting though that you could buy what, 10 OEM bellhousings for that price? Who built the trans that blew apart? From what I'm told, if you build the stock trans right and the OEM case is properly cast and has no bad casting flaws it can hold whatever you throw at it. But that's only one company's claims. Other results may vary
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Shep going to be building the new transmission using this case?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
Stop in chief. Haven't seen you by in a bit.
I'll swing by tonight. I've been very busy!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Very nice looking piece! I love the machined billet! It would be nice to see an integrated scatter shield. Do you have plans on making a stronger transfer case?

Interesting though that you could buy what, 10 OEM bellhousings for that price? Who built the trans that blew apart? From what I'm told, if you build the stock trans right and the OEM case is properly cast and has no bad casting flaws it can hold whatever you throw at it. But that's only one company's claims. Other results may vary
The legendary nuclear trans explosion was a full built Shep trans, Cusco Diff, full REM polished, etc.....less than 200 miles on it, with no issues before then. We always use TRE or Shep to build our Evo transmissions depending on lead time.

Originally Posted by mayberry
Is Shep going to be building the new transmission using this case?
Yes. We will be sending the case to Shep to assemble our new trans for this year's Modified Shootout car.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
The legendary nuclear trans explosion was a full built Shep trans, Cusco Diff, full REM polished, etc.....less than 200 miles on it, with no issues before then. We always use TRE or Shep to build our Evo transmissions depending on lead time.

. . .

Yes. We will be sending the case to Shep to assemble our new trans for this year's Modified Shootout car.
Hmmm . . . Interesting. I've seen several cracked/blown apart transmission from one certain builder . . . but none from another. They may be out there but I have not seen them yet. Not pointing fingers, just thinking aloud . . .

What I would like to see is a redesigned case made of billet using full FEA engineering to make it lighter than stock yet stronger. I wouldn't buy it because I don't need it, but it would be cool just to see what could be accomplished.

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Baller status nice work. Anyone who doubts what this will do look up any big name honda drag racer, Tony Palo of T1 and Chris Miller NRG come to mind. Liberty has been making B series honda cases for a while they do work.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Hmmm . . . Interesting. I've seen several cracked/blown apart transmission from one certain builder . . . but none from another. They may be out there but I have not seen them yet. Not pointing fingers, just thinking aloud . . .

What I would like to see is a redesigned case made of billet using full FEA engineering to make it lighter than stock yet stronger. I wouldn't buy it because I don't need it, but it would be cool just to see what could be accomplished.

EVOlutionary
It has it's limits, Mitsubishi didn't expect XXX amount of torque 3 or 2 times above stock output.

No matter how well assembled the transmission is, it doesn't make the the case any stronger.

3000GT are 3500lbs cars, some even have 4000lb race weights launching on slicks what happened when they needed something stronger?

They evolved.

End Cases
http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/imag...oke_6spd_3.jpg

To Billet
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...opy/Trans1.jpg
http://www.dynamicracing.com/mw/imag...ousing_002.jpg

Transfer Cases
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...s/IMG_0842.jpg

There are even steel versions of their cases.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
considering AMS BR, STM, DogBox Racing, AWD motorsports TTR, and some other shops all went 8s multiple times over and over from 8.9s to 8.4s from 160 to 174mph along with some of there costumers also have run 8s all with stock cases i could never see spending 3500.00 dollars on something 98% of the people will never brake. its a nice piece but IMO totally not needed. thats just my opinion.

its a nice piece to look at though.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
LoL, look at the big picture guys. 95% of us don't "need" big brake kits, or carbon fiber trunks, or alum/carbon drive shafts, or 4500 dollar clutches, or Anti-Lag and so on. But there is a market there for them, not in mass production, but for those 5% that it WOULD benefit it's great. It's also great to see Insane come through instead of "talk" about making xyz dream part like some others have in the past. People in Europe have had billet drivetrain parts since the Evo first came out, bout time we caught up.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
LoL, look at the big picture guys. 95% of us don't "need" big brake kits, or carbon fiber trunks, or alum/carbon drive shafts, or 4500 dollar clutches, or Anti-Lag and so on. But there is a market there for them, not in mass production, but for those 5% that it WOULD benefit it's great. It's also great to see Insane come through instead of "talk" about making xyz dream part like some others have in the past. People in Europe have had billet drivetrain parts since the Evo first came out, bout time we caught up.
Exactly what i was thinking
Its not always about what people need, some people just want stuff to want it also
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
time to make a t-case those would sell like hot cakes its a beautiful piece anyway you look at it tho i am all for making our evos bullet proof.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

bump for being cool
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beautiful & expensive looking piece! Reminds me of seeing a company that builds billet blocks!

Name:  isoview.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  49.2 KB

Quick Reply: Insane Speed Billet Transmission Case is DONE!