Notices

New Product Release – Mitsubishi Evo 8/9 Catback Exhaust System with Varex Muffler

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 09:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
New Product Release – Mitsubishi Evo 8/9 Catback Exhaust System with Varex Muffler

MAP Catback Exhaust System with Varex Muffler for Evolution 8 / 9

This full 3″ exhaust system features a single 4″ diameter tip for a clean, subtle look. It is constructed entirely of 304 stainless steel for ultimate durability. It also features a v-band disconnect for easy installation and removal, and includes all necessary hardware and gaskets. Starting at only $1199.99

VAREX mufflers combine both the design technology of the stock muffler and the performance muffler into one single compact unit. A sophisticated butterfly valve mechanism is implemented to redirect the exhaust gas flow and vary be-tween the two.

For higher sound level, the exhaust flows are directed through the 3″ opening which produces maximum power with a robust sound level (or the “sports car note”) and near-zero resistance. For lower sound levels the exhaust flows are directed through the chambered path (similar design with the stock muffler) and produces a minimal sound level that gives you the best in-car comfort.

Angle of the valve is also controllable and can be adjusted to stop at any point between sports mode and silence mode. This gives you further freedom to set the optimal sound level according to your desired preference.

This products is exclusively sold through MAPerformance.com – contact us today to be one of the first to get your hand on this hot new exhaust!

http://youtu.be/h2G6A-Ya55E

PLEASE NOTE: This item is special order and may take 2-3 weeks to ship.

Please contact us for unbeatable pricing on these products, also keep in mind we will match or beat any competitors pricing on so called "package deals"!

: Send us a PM|||||: AdamAtMAP|||||: 1-888-MAPERFORMANCE|||||: Adam@MAPerformance.com

|||||||||||||||

Old Feb 3, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Once again great work from MAP. Can you get a video of this on an evo 8/9? I want to see how it would look with a stock rear end or jdm rear.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Installed pics have been added to the listing on our website, just click the image.

JDM Rear fitment is also available!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice guys. Any kind of standing warranty on the muffler with the solenoid and all? How is the solenoid operated? Come with a key fob?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor

The warranty would be through the manufacturer, Xforce. I didn't see any info on their website but I would image its at least a one year warranty. I've had mine on my car for about that long and absolutely love it

The muffler is controlled by a wireless key fob, and yes its included
Old Feb 3, 2012, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Received mine on Wednesday, couldn't have asked for a better quality piece. Should add a cat delete option to bolt straight to the downpipe like mine was made.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Once again great work from MAP. Can you get a video of this on an evo 8/9? I want to see how it would look with a stock rear end or jdm rear.
Great product, I can't get over how well it surpresses the sound level and pretty much eliminates all highway drone. Here is a sound clip on a evo8 for ya. You won't be disappointed if you get the catback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg_8e...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q88eWbEUSU8

Last edited by Dynotech Tuning; Feb 4, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i have one too, great craftsmanship. the welds and overall quality are top notch!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Nice vid's thanks for the media! Definitely helps us out.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 08:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by okevolutionVIII
Received mine on Wednesday, couldn't have asked for a better quality piece. Should add a cat delete option to bolt straight to the downpipe like mine was made.
I believe yours was made without one as my fabricator missed the note on the invoice We shipped a test pipe separately a day or two behind the catback though, sorry for any inconvenience.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 08:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by maperformance
Nice vid's thanks for the media! Definitely helps us out.
We're glad to support the companies who help support us

-Jamie
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
I believe yours was made without one as my fabricator missed the note on the invoice We shipped a test pipe separately a day or two behind the catback though, sorry for any inconvenience.

Not a problem. I'll take another look, it's been years since I've looked at a exhaust for the Evo in person so I can't tell the difference anymore. I bought another V-band to connect it to my downpipe so I'll just have the testpipe welded on while I'm at it.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Quick bump before I head out for the day.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the car is tuned at WOT with the valve open in race mode, is the tune thrown off at all when the car is driven primarily in street mode during daily driving?

-Jalal
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

With the switch from closed to open taking 1 second. If your going to be doing WOT pulls I would recommend just opening it up. However with it closed the log was not dramatically effected.

Quick Reply: New Product Release – Mitsubishi Evo 8/9 Catback Exhaust System with Varex Muffler