Notices

*SparkTech Racer Update* Sponsored Racer Kings Performance/Procco EVO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool *SparkTech Racer Update* Sponsored Racer Kings Performance/Procco EVO

Fresh off the win at the IFO event @ Brandenton in January, the Kings Performance/Procco EVO was in top form at the IFO event @ Gainesville this past weekend. This car has the most consistent 8 second passes in competition. It is campaigned in the Forced Induction Performance Class, in the Import Face Off Series.

It was a VERY cold day at the track, ambient temps in the 40s, which is great for turbo cars, however traction usually suffers. As the team was setting the two-step to see what launch RPM really worked in those conditions, they managed a 8.99 @ 165mph ... All this with a 1.559 60ft! The following pass, they lowered the two-step a bit and managed a 1.399 60ft. Their opponent red lighted, so Sergio took it easy, to save the equipment.

This is the first EVO to run in the 8s for the 2012 and already has a slew of 8 second passes to kick off the season. We like the approach the team has taken, with the 'smaller' turbo (Precision 6766) making it more consistent for competition. It recently got NHRA certified and has an engine pan (to keep oil off the track should a failure occur) and weighed in at a hefty 2840lbs! This is NO tin can!

The car went round after round in competition all day and made it to the final round. It was a tough match up with the D&D 2JZ powered skyline, which had a new personal best of 8.03 that day. The Evo popped out of first gear on the two-step and they ended up with 2nd place.

CONGRATS GUYS! Thanks for continuing to push the envelope with the CT9A platform and show everyone that the EVO can go rounds and be competitive.

This car has been running the same off-the-shelf Spark Tech Sequential PRO CDI System with Black billet coil protectors and utilizes the quick disconnect option, for the last several years. It has been put through the rigors of the real world racing environment and consistent abuse in an 8 second beast !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-YtF...ature=youtu.be

Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once again, my team and I would like to thank SparkTech for all their continuing support. Companies like yours are what help us and others communicate our personal achievements and goals out to the public, helping build a fan base, and at the same time motivate us to keep on doing what we do best!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Likewise Procco, you guys have been putting our products to use in the environment they were designed to be in, year after year. I'm glad to say, to this date we haven't had ANY failures of our products on this vehicle. The system on your car is several years old and keeps on delivering proving, we just don't make pretty parts.

BTW who else campaigns an Evo race after race in actual competition? Not talking about 1 hit wonders that get parted out or sold. If anyone can answer that please post names. This car has ALL the safety equipment and weighs 2840 not 26xx like everyone elses.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SparkTech
Likewise Procco, you guys have been putting our products to use in the environment they were designed to be in, year after year. I'm glad to say, to this date we haven't had ANY failures of our products on this vehicle. The system on your car is several years old and keeps on delivering proving, we just don't make pretty parts.

BTW who else campaigns an Evo race after race in actual competition? Not talking about 1 hit wonders that get parted out or sold. If anyone can answer that please post names. This car has ALL the safety equipment and weighs 2840 not 26xx like everyone elses.
.....Good observations
Old Feb 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Way to go Eddie, good to see your still gettin it done

Last edited by Balrok; Feb 17, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First, let me say Congrats to Eddie and his crew!

Now.
Was this weight with driver? Weigh in usually requires a driver. Mine with driver was about 2900. I'm fat. What do you mean race after race? We went to a hand full of events last year and placed 1st or second in each one except the DSM shootout with our Street car. We would have gone to more but simply didn't have the time. Also ran three 8 second passes at over 166 MPH in one day on the same turbo these guys are using. I wish my car was NHRA legal but to be honest, It was still taken out to dinner and driven on the street on a somewhat regular basis, so it was better off how it was. Actually now that I think about it, My car ran 8's last year and drove home from the track, Not straight home either. Remember I'm fat, We stopped and got pizza for dinner that night in a small town by the track.

Anyhow back on topic, Do we fit the bill? If so, I will post our name. STM

Don't count us out if we don't run back here an post every time we run low nines and high 8's. I know we should, but I really don't have time for it.

I forgot to mention. Out of the 60-70 passes we made last year in our street car, Guess how many parts broke? NOT ONE.

-Em
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

2012 is shaping up to be very competitive! Looks like there are half a dozen or so Evos ready (or already) to run 8s.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:03 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM

Now.
Was this weight with driver? Weigh in usually requires a driver. Mine with driver was about 2900. I'm fat. What do you mean race after race? We went to a hand full of events last year and placed 1st or second in each one except the DSM shootout with our Street car. We would have gone to more but simply didn't have the time. Also ran three 8 second passes at over 166 MPH in one day on the same turbo these guys are using. I wish my car was NHRA legal but to be honest, It was still taken out to dinner and driven on the street on a somewhat regular basis, so it was better off how it was. Actually now that I think about it, My car ran 8's last year and drove home from the track, Not straight home either. Remember I'm fat, We stopped and got pizza for dinner that night in a small town by the track.

Anyhow back on topic, Do we fit the bill? If so, I will post our name. STM

Don't count us out if we don't run back here an post every time we run low nines and high 8's. I know we should, but I really don't have time for it.

I forgot to mention. Out of the 60-70 passes we made last year in our street car, Guess how many parts broke? NOT ONE.

-Em

So what you are saying from this post Emery, is that you are fat? Personally I would describe you as pleasantly plump!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:20 AM

Congrats!!, Emery your so humble dont forget to mention you did it with 5 speed gearbox, fat boys can shift !!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Now.
Was this weight with driver? Weigh in usually requires a driver. Mine with driver was about 2900. I'm fat. What do you mean race after race?

-Em
Em just spoke to Sergio and that weight was with driver but like I said with all NHRA safety equipment. He's not fat

Other than NOT having safety equipment your evo fits the bill. What I meant is race after race these guys run 1/8mile events and got a win followed by 1/4mile event with another win and runner up at Gainesville. Event after event all weeks apart. They ran all last year in NSCRA and showed up to the shootout (had an engine failure but were there to support the event)

It wasn't meant to take credit away from your accomplishments but highlight theirs. I would highlight your car also because it uses a S/T cdi wiring harness but it goes unmentioned so we often leave it out. It doesn't align with your other sponsor/friend. None the less good luck for 2012 race season
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Em just spoke to Sergio and that weight was with driver but like I said with all NHRA safety equipment. He's not fat

Other than NOT having safety equipment your evo fits the bill. What I meant is race after race these guys run 1/8mile events and got a win followed by 1/4mile event with another win and runner up at Gainesville. Event after event all weeks apart. They ran all last year in NSCRA and showed up to the shootout (had an engine failure but were there to support the event)

It wasn't meant to take credit away from your accomplishments but highlight theirs. I would highlight your car also because it uses a S/T cdi wiring harness but it goes unmentioned so we often leave it out. It doesn't align with your other sponsor/friend. None the less good luck for 2012 race season

I had three different people come up to me and say it looked like you were taking shots at us in this thread so I decided to answer your Question.

We do use your harness in our car because you were able to make it the length we needed. Not because Buschurs didn't work but because you could make it how we wanted it at the time and they could not. I am not into the politics so not mentioning it has nothing to do with who I am friends with. If that was the case we would not offer your parts on our site. Its such a small part of the build I simply forgot. If I mention every single part we use or how we do things It would take me days to remember.

I do look forward to all the competition this year. I really hope I can get my car back together as I have a few tricks up my sleeve and cant wait to use them.

-Em
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats guys, and oh god lets not turn this thread into facebook so that Dave can jump and do the "this person copied my idea" garbage. There are enough quality vendors out there now and most of the wannabe's are now gone off the boards, that people need to stop the garbage talking to other quality vendors about how much better they think their stuff is. And I use both vendors parts so I clearly am not taking sides, but I do use a SparkTech CDI COP in this scenario here.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

I had three different people come up to me and say it looked like you were taking shots at us in this thread so I decided to answer your Question.

I do look forward to all the competition this year. I really hope I can get my car back together as I have a few tricks up my sleeve and cant wait to use them.

-Em
Honestly you didn't come to mind because you have a street car without all the NHRA safety equipment and don't compete in any sanctioned events such as NSCRA or IFO. Not that you haven't but you don't race, race after race! The guys at Kings Performance could have easily campaigned another platform other than an AWD Evo(or turned the motor around) and the car would be much faster and consistent. That was mainly what I was getting at. They are constantly putting the evo up against all makes in the classes they run which ultimately is good for all in the Evo business.

You did make the Quickest and Fastest past last year though and that deserves LOTS of credit. Thanks for offering our products on your site, we appreciate it.