Notices

DSG Performance is on EvoM!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking DSG Performance is on EvoM!

Locust's Evo X featuring Akrapovic, APR, Varis & more.

It's been a long time coming. Ladies and gentleman, we are happy to be here.

Many of you may know us from the "other forum" where we have built hundreds of powerful and long lasting relationships within the Evo community, helping people reach their aspired dreams. But, for those of you who don't know us yet; Hi, we're DSG Performance. It's a pleasure to meet you.

DSG Performance has been rocking your socks off since early 2008, striving to offer enthusiasts with only high quality and trusted products within the industry. Over the years we've gown close with many top brands, allowing us to bring some unique items to the market in the way of collaborations, exclusive items and sometimes just a simple suggestion based on what the community as a whole has been searching for. We operate out of Montreal Quebec Canada, but are a company on an international scale delivering products worldwide. USA Customers benefit from Intra USA shipping (no crossing borders), and our Canadian clientele benefits from drastically reduced import pricing - often cutting out duty and brokerages all together.

We'll be kicking this off with a bang so stay tuned for our upcoming forum sales. If you have any questions or need any help at all, you can reach out to myself (Sean Segal) or Jason Hempey (formerly of SSP Performance, many of you should be aquainted).

sean@dsgperformance.com | jason@dsgperformance.com | Toll Free: 1-866-609-3741

| www.dsgperformance.com |Facebook | Instagram |

Want more of DSG? Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on deals, contests, new releases & exclusive content. For a limited time only, receive a 5% OFF Coupon when registering.

____

Last edited by DSG Performance; Aug 22, 2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump for an amazing vendor!

Very much a lurker on here and do not post too often (on the "other forum"). *Very happy to see such a great vendor joining EvoM. If your looking for the impossible parts at an honest price I highly recommend reaching out.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedL1neX
Bump for an amazing vendor!

Very much a lurker on here and do not post too often (on the "other forum"). *Very happy to see such a great vendor joining EvoM. If your looking for the impossible parts at an honest price I highly recommend reaching out.
Thanks for the shout out bud

Cheers,
Jason
Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:25 PM

About time..... LOL

SSP
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SSPKris
About time..... LOL

SSP

Haha thanks Kris
Old Dec 6, 2014, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Update - 01/16/15: After keeping my order, I was told by Sean that the part would be delivered by the end of January with the possibility of a small variance. I emailed to follow up a few days ago and was told now that the part will not be arriving until mid-March. Obviously this is not what was agreed upon. Ultimately extremely disappointed with DSG Performance.

Update - 12/10/14: The "incident" occurred due to a misinformed new employee who was unfamiliar with the cancellation policy. After being contacted initially by Sean, we quickly were able to come to an agreement that we were both happy with. Sean worked diligently to resolve the issue and made sure I was happy with the end result.

Update - 12/9/14: Sean, the owner has reached out to me directly to try and resolve the issue.

Unfortunately I have to post a NEGATIVE review of DSG Performance. I worked with George and then Jason via FB chat to order an HKS Super Turbo Muffler system for my Evo X. George was helpful and responded to my messages quickly and we traded messages at all times of day - he even replied at late hours. I was told there were a couple left in stock and they gave me a price that I was happy with and I placed the order via Paypal. I was told the exhaust would ship 4-5 days later when my Paypal payment cleared. So a few days passed, my payment cleared the morning of Dec 3rd (expected and on time). I didn't hear anything that day which was fine. I messaged them two days later (Dec 5th) to see if the exhaust shipped but was told to check their website for tracking. At this point I was slightly annoyed but still waited patiently.

Then around 4:00 pm on Dec 5th, everything went downhill from there. A full 48-60 hrs later from when my payment cleared on the morning of Dec 3rd, I was told by Jason that the exhaust was no longer in stock and immediately he began pushing exhausts from other brands on me. Tangent:

As car enthusiasts, we all carefully and methodically choose our parts prior to ordering them. If any of you are like me, we don't usually just say "oh exhausts are all the same, I'll just pick one and hope it sounds good" - false. Catbacks are made by a variety of brands, some better in quality than others, and all vary in sound and tone. I was not appreciative of Jason immediately recommending other parts.

So I first asked what the lead time would now be on the HKS and was told end of Jan. This is not a long time to wait but just isn't something I wanted to wait for - I would not have placed this order had it not been in stock. I then asked for a price on an alternate exhaust (Amuse R1) and was told $xxxx.xx (I'm leaving out the price - I don't want anyone getting in trouble for violating MAP). The price was roughly a little over twice the cost of the HKS (not unexpected since you get what you pay for) but their price on the Amuse was significantly higher than another quote I received. I told them at that point I would like to cancel the order since neither option was agreeable to me.

At this point somehow my order for an in-stock exhaust somehow magically turned into a "special order item" with no cancellations but arbitrarily they were OK with me getting a different exhaust. The consistency seems off to me. At this point I was quite frustrated. Jason then went on to tell me that he "double-checked" on the cost of the Amuse and somehow $350+ came off the price in less than 10 minutes (he chalked it up to a change in Yen). I then asked if he could price-match the vendor that was selling it cheaper which he told me he couldn't. I thought it over and sent:

"I'm gonna ask politely one more time, can you please just cancel my order and give me a full refund? I don't see why you wouldn't - I placed an order for an in-stock item, not a special order item."

George then repeated that the order could not be cancelled since it was a "special-order" item and "that the HKS was already sold out when the payment cleared, so automatically the order was considered as a special order."

To reiterate:

-I would not have placed this order if it wasn't in stock and/or there was a long lead time.

I have filed a claim with Paypal to get a full refund. I will update the thread when I get a resolution either from Paypal or DSG.

Last edited by stiggysaurus; Jan 16, 2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by stiggysaurus
Unfortunately I have to post a NEGATIVE review of DSG Performance. I worked with George and then Jason via FB chat to order an HKS Super Turbo Muffler system for my Evo X. George was helpful and responded to my messages quickly and we traded messages at all times of day - he even replied at late hours. I was told there were a couple left in stock and they gave me a price that I was happy with and I placed the order via Paypal. I was told the exhaust would ship 4-5 days later when my Paypal payment cleared. So a few days passed, my payment cleared the morning of Dec 3rd (expected and on time). I didn't hear anything that day which was fine. I messaged them two days later (Dec 5th) to see if the exhaust shipped but was told to check their website for tracking. At this point I was slightly annoyed but still waited patiently.

Then around 4:00 pm on Dec 5th, everything went downhill from there. A full 48-60 hrs later from when my payment cleared on the morning of Dec 3rd, I was told by Jason that the exhaust was no longer in stock and immediately he began pushing exhausts from other brands on me. Tangent:

As car enthusiasts, we all carefully and methodically choose our parts prior to ordering them. If any of you are like me, we don't usually just say "oh exhausts are all the same, I'll just pick one and hope it sounds good" - false. Catbacks are made by a variety of brands, some better in quality than others, and all vary in sound and tone. I was not appreciative of Jason immediately recommending other parts.

So I first asked what the lead time would now be on the HKS and was told end of Jan. This is not a long time to wait but just isn't something I wanted to wait for - I would not have placed this order had it not been in stock. I then asked for a price on an alternate exhaust (Amuse R1) and was told $xxxx.xx (I'm leaving out the price - I don't want anyone getting in trouble for violating MAP). The price was roughly a little over twice the cost of the HKS (not unexpected since you get what you pay for) but their price on the Amuse was significantly higher than another quote I received. I told them at that point I would like to cancel the order since neither option was agreeable to me.

At this point somehow my order for an in-stock exhaust somehow magically turned into a "special order item" with no cancellations but arbitrarily they were OK with me getting a different exhaust. The consistency seems off to me. At this point I was quite frustrated. Jason then went on to tell me that he "double-checked" on the cost of the Amuse and somehow $350+ came off the price in less than 10 minutes (he chalked it up to a change in Yen). I then asked if he could price-match the vendor that was selling it cheaper which he told me he couldn't. I thought it over and sent:

"I'm gonna ask politely one more time, can you please just cancel my order and give me a full refund? I don't see why you wouldn't - I placed an order for an in-stock item, not a special order item."

George then repeated that the order could not be cancelled since it was a "special-order" item and "that the HKS was already sold out when the payment cleared, so automatically the order was considered as a special order."

To reiterate:

-I would not have placed this order if it wasn't in stock and/or there was a long lead time.

I have filed a claim with Paypal to get a full refund. I will update the thread when I get a resolution either from Paypal or DSG.
I'm sure Paypal will take care of it---and now we've all read this extremely lame story.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Update - 12/10/14: The "incident" occurred due to a misinformed new employee who was unfamiliar with the cancellation policy. After being contacted initially by Sean, we quickly were able to come to an agreement that we were both happy with. Sean worked diligently to resolve the issue and made sure I was happy with the end result.

Last edited by stiggysaurus; Jan 16, 2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 07:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stiggysaurus
Update - 12/10/14: The "incident" occurred due to a misinformed new employee who was unfamiliar with the cancellation policy. After being contacted initially by Sean, we quickly were able to come to an agreement that we were both happy with. Sean worked diligently to resolve the issue and made sure I was happy with the end result. For the record, I would consider DSG Performance again in the future for parts again.
Hey bud!

Thanks for clearing that up, we're happy to have made this work for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for anything at all in the future!

Cheers,
Jason & Sean
Old Jan 16, 2015, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Update - 01/19/15: Sean allowed me to cancel the order and gave me a full refund. End of story.

Update - 01/16/15: After keeping my order, I was told by Sean that the part would be delivered by the end of January with the possibility of a small variance. I emailed to follow up a few days ago and was told now that the part will not be arriving until mid-March. Obviously this is not what was agreed upon. Ultimately extremely disappointed with DSG Performance.

Last edited by stiggysaurus; Jan 19, 2015 at 02:24 PM.