Notices
Vendor Classifieds This section is for vendors to sell parts which are not specific to one model.

CarbonFabricSource.com | *NEW* Carbon Fiber Fabric Trim Wrap *Interior* (4 finishes)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my package yesterday and it looks really good totally like carbon. I did my area around my shifter and it came out pretty good. First time I did it so I shall be looking to improve on it on the next piece. Ill try to get some pics either tonight or tomorrow
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Price please on 2 sets
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

I got bored and decided to do this tonight. I had a rexpeed cover on here and it looked good but I wanted a little less shine and more stock looking. I think it came out very good no complaints at all. Its hard to stop myself from wrapping everything in this..lol

Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by murderedevo256
I got bored and decided to do this tonight. I had a rexpeed cover on here and it looked good but I wanted a little less shine and more stock looking. I think it came out very good no complaints at all. Its hard to stop myself from wrapping everything in this..lol

Wow! That looks really good man! Maybe Ill just buy some of this instead of spending a fortune on actual CF peices lol. How hard was it to do this peice? Id prolly do this peice and bottom area of where the shifter is, if that makes sense.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DRoc7822
Wow! That looks really good man! Maybe Ill just buy some of this instead of spending a fortune on actual CF peices lol. How hard was it to do this peice? Id prolly do this peice and bottom area of where the shifter is, if that makes sense.
that looks pretty good.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 02:36 AM
Evolving Member

I Did the bottom piece too, its a little hard and took me a while. Just make sure you use that 3m glue number 77 its super strong stuff so you can stretch it alot. I was pretty **** about how it came out so I took my time but it was porbably about an hour from start to finish. I was always on the fench about stuff like this and honeslty looks 100% like the real stuff.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:50 PM
Account Disabled

Excellent job. That looks amazing.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:56 PM
Account Disabled

I Did the bottom piece too, its a little hard and took me a while. Just make sure you use that 3m glue number 77 its super strong stuff so you can stretch it alot. I was pretty **** about how it came out so I took my time but it was porbably about an hour from start to finish. I was always on the fench about stuff like this and honeslty looks 100% like the real stuff.
Another great tip is if you get any over spray or glue on the finish layer, some water will wipe it right up. It's good to keep a bit of water and paper towels handy.

I'm like you. I tend to take my time to make sure everything is just right. It's definitely worth it. I tend to attach the top layer first and take my time with wrapping the stuff around the edges and back. You can do it in sections. If some areas need some extra glue, just spray some glue on a sheet of paper and use a combination of toothpicks and/or Popsicle sticks to dab some glue from the paper to your interior piece.

Looking forward to seeing more of your project!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

thanks! I will make sure I listen to what your saying when I finish the rest. I plan on getting a double din unit so once that goes in I will probably do that. I was also looking into getting the vinyl for my roof instead of getting an overlay because I have a sunroof and the vinyl can be cut. I have a carbon trunk and hood so that would compliment my setup well. I hope you are getting alot of orders the stuff is really great and again EASY!!! to work with not like other materials ive used in the past.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:45 AM
Account Disabled

thanks! I will make sure I listen to what your saying when I finish the rest. I plan on getting a double din unit so once that goes in I will probably do that. I was also looking into getting the vinyl for my roof instead of getting an overlay because I have a sunroof and the vinyl can be cut. I have a carbon trunk and hood so that would compliment my setup well. I hope you are getting alot of orders the stuff is really great and again EASY!!! to work with not like other materials ive used in the past.
3M-DI-NOC would look awesome on your roof. It's also very easy to apply as it's self adhesive. All you need is a blow drawer to mold it to your liking.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 04:23 PM
Account Disabled

bump
Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:13 AM
Account Disabled

^^
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:36 AM
Account Disabled

More shipped!