Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

New Girodisc 2-PC Rotors Installed!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea its the howl when you brake and come to a stop about 15-0 mph. and yes its mainly once they get hot. i knew kevlar was pretty hard material but with these pads i am willing to sacrifice less braking for quiet pads. just wanted to let people know that these pads are very loud. easily hear over radio with windows up.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BOOSTIN24
yea its the howl when you brake and come to a stop about 15-0 mph. and yes its mainly once they get hot. i knew kevlar was pretty hard material but with these pads i am willing to sacrifice less braking for quiet pads. just wanted to let people know that these pads are very loud. easily hear over radio with windows up.
Ferodo 2500's loud??? Hardly heard them when I ran 'em??
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
hahaha heard over the radio with windows up... man... my titan kais make so much noise i think it doesn't matter if it's windows up or down. i love the look on people's faces when i stop next to them... it's really really bad.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

haha.. how are the titan kai's for street driving anyway? Do they require a few stops before they start to bite?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i notice no warm up time... one problem i do have with them is the coefficient of friction ramps... it's not linear like some of the pads made by non jdm companies.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:43 PM

i want to know how your pads were quiet. even called Vishnu , where i bought them from, and even they said they are loud. guess i should of spent more time looking into reviews lol. on plus note braking is improved quite a bit.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Its weird to see this KK threads come back to life...
Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Old Dec 7, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

I find Ferodos to be quiet on both the track & street... Did you grease all metal on metal surfaces? Are the pads wearing with any type of pattern (toed in/out)?Did you clean your rotors - if so, with what?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
i notice no warm up time... one problem i do have with them is the coefficient of friction ramps... it's not linear like some of the pads made by non jdm companies.
I had them too and there was zero warm up. If you like the Titan Kai's you'll be sorry to hear that they are no more.

Instead are two 'models' the HC+ and the Level Max 900. A friend has the HC+ and I have the Max900. Don't really know about the HC+, although he says they're good, but the Max 900 is brake dust city and must be the definite king of squeal. It's almost embarassing, like i've got a proper nail stuck in my brakes. Eats discs like crazy but stops even better than the Titan Kais. I rekon they're worth all their bad points. Besides, these babies work up to 900degC (so they say) so they'll work upto the point where your whole car catches fire or something...
Old Dec 7, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

im going to be geting this kit in about a week or so. so i will give every one posted to what i think of them. to what it sounds like they are just the best what money can buy. and for the replacement part. seems like a good deal to me.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

my ferodo ds2500 barely make noise. only a tiny hint of a squeel from about 10 - 0mph if i'm barely pushing on the pedal. did you bed them in properly?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 05:21 PM

brakes were installed properly. old rotors had a dibbit in 2 of them so had all of them turned, surfaces wiped down bancking plates and backing foam put on back of pads and they make the noise. i even did the brakes a total of 4 times so odd wearing or anything like that.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTIN24
brakes were installed properly. old rotors had a dibbit in 2 of them so had all of them turned, surfaces wiped down bancking plates and backing foam put on back of pads and they make the noise. i even did the brakes a total of 4 times so odd wearing or anything like that.
yes, but installed definately does not = bed... bedding is basically the break-in procedure. here it is, straight from the packet that comes with the brake pads...

Originally Posted by FERODO
BEDDING-IN INSTRUCTIONS

To achieve optimum performance from Ferodo Racing brake pads please follow the instructions below:

1) Perform 25 to 30 trial brake applications, each of approximately 4 seconds, using around 50% of normal race pedal pressure. To shorten the procedure applications can be made along the straights as well as through bends.

2) On completion of trial applications return to the pit lane. Inspect the surface of the brake pads from the two wheels which have been working the hardest. There should be evidence of contact over the full pad area but without glazing. The pads are now ready to race.

Whilst we recommend that pads are inspected, if time does not allow this, assuming procedure (1) has been carried out and a short period of time has elapsed to allow the brake system to cool, the pads will be ready to race.

IMPORTANT: to optimize the performance and life of both brake pads and discs, during the bedding-in period heat in the braking system should be built up progressively.

PAD WEAR INSPECTION: brake pads must have at least 2mm of friction material. Excessively worn brake pads must be replaced.

THERMAL PAINT TEMPERATURE CHECK; Where this procedure is used and braking performance is not considered satisfactory: if none of the 3 paints has changed appearance it may be necessary to reduce cooling to the discs. If all 3 paints have changed appearance, it may be necessary to increase cooling to the discs.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:15 PM

could it be because its not getting enough cooling to the disc.