Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ingalls Stiffy Review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evillusion
Guys, just FYI:

I had a little issue with my stiffy and Rob at Ingalls spent like 45 minutes on the phone with me to work it out. GREAT customer service!! Now everything works perfect and it truly seemed like these guys CARE about thier customers.

Awesome. Glad Rob took care of you.

5 left in stock.

Tai
Old Dec 4, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

I actually painted the top bracket by the strut a gunmetal color its a little off but looks decent ill probably redo it sometime.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what kind of paint is everyone using? something high temp?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:13 PM

I dont think anyone already mentioned it, but I noticed the damper sits really close to the cam gear cover. Does it fit the IX's because of the hump in the cover for MIVEC?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CorSport
PM's sent.

Tai
www.CorSportUSA.com

Lookin for one too, What price?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Lookin for one too, What price?

$167.50 with free shipping.

Call or click:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...roducts_id=261
^Ships same day you order.

Thanks,
Tai
Old Dec 5, 2005, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by ian840
I dont think anyone already mentioned it, but I noticed the damper sits really close to the cam gear cover. Does it fit the IX's because of the hump in the cover for MIVEC?

I sold one to a IX owner, I believe everything fit just fine. I have not heard back from him and I know he has installed it already.

Tai
Old Dec 5, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilBlueEvo8
what kind of paint is everyone using? something high temp?
I am going to install mine tommorow and see how it looks, if its too plain, then I will have it powdercoated the same color as the vc
Old Dec 5, 2005, 02:09 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CorSport
$167.50 with free shipping.

Call or click:
^Ships same day you order.

Thanks,
Tai

Got everyones orders today and over the weekend, everything leaves tonight, expect FedEX tracking numbers this evening.

Still have more --- we have 4 left on the shelf.

Thanks again everyone!
Tai
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ian840
Just talked to Rich and he just bought one for his evo 9 and it fits no prob. I specifically asked him if it fits over the hump too and he stated with no probs...He also dynomated underside of the bracket and is loving the results...

Does the evo etd fit on the base model lancers from 02-05??My friend has an 03 lancer and it seems like it would fit...same 3 hole pattern on strut and eng. mount etc....

I should be getting some video of a dyno run with and w/o the e.t.d installed just to show how much of a difference this thing actually makes for all the skeptics..
Old Dec 6, 2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by robstamina
Just talked to Rich and he just bought one for his evo 9 and it fits no prob. I specifically asked him if it fits over the hump too and he stated with no probs...He also dynomated underside of the bracket and is loving the results...

Does the evo etd fit on the base model lancers from 02-05??My friend has an 03 lancer and it seems like it would fit...same 3 hole pattern on strut and eng. mount etc....

I should be getting some video of a dyno run with and w/o the e.t.d installed just to show how much of a difference this thing actually makes for all the skeptics..
Thanks for the verification of the EVO IX fitment. Cant wait to see the dyno.

Tai
Old Dec 6, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Just installed the ETD........wow

I was one of the sceptical people upon buying this, but for the price I thought I would try it anyway. The install was straight forward and only took about 45 minutes total. I put dynomat on all both sides of the strut bar and at the center section (seeing as how vibration will simply transfer down the bar). I also have it adjusted to about 11-12 (I didn't have my calipers handy).

Now for the good stuff, upon starting the car up, a very, very slight vibration of the steering wheel (engine was cold). Upon warming up, the steering wheel had noticable vibration to it, but nothing that you could hear or see. Very impressive considering how tight I have the etd adjusted. The drivetrain lash is almost completly gone now, and shifting is just very smooth. Under hard acceleration the "jerking" is completly gone. I was smiling all the way home from work!!

This is honestly the way this car should come from the factory. New ford tarus's have them, so why not (you should see how big those things are).

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to ensure those who were skeptical like me, to jump on this because it is worth every penny.

Thanks Tai for the great customer service and quick shipping as promised....I left you positive feedback!!
Old Dec 6, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm not a sketpic, but for 2yrs, I've been trying to find a solution to the damned 2nd gear grind many of us have, including myself (short of rebuilding the tranny). I've gone from different tranny fluids to different shifter/underhood bushings. I'm sure it's everything everyone has said so far, but I don't think I read anyone mentioning the 2nd gear grind subject. Does this damper put an end to that nasty problem? Fast shifts into 2nd at high rpms?
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Ok, I gave in and bought.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

I also have BR underhood shifter bushings, so I have never had a problem with a 2nd gear grind. But if you have a 2nd gear grind, and it is related to engine/tranny movement (which it probably is) then this should take care of it. Like I said I didnt have this exact problem so I cant say that it will 100% eliminate the problem...

You wont be dissapointed..

Quick Reply: Ingalls Stiffy Review