Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Forge Motorsport BCDK - Brake Cooling Duct Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are gorgeous. Can't wait to get mine!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bolts ARE 100% stainless, and they are coated with an anti-corrosive material.

The spacers/retainer pieces are also 100% 304 billet stainless and are machined in house at Forge UK.

The aluminum used for the ducts is something I haven't been given all of the specs on, but I do know that the bracket pieces are 3mm thick, the walls are 2mm thick, and the tubing is 2mm thick with a bead rolled end for secure duct mounting. They are assembled and welded by our head fabricator at Forge UK to the exact specs I have provided him with. I'll try to get some more info on the specs of the aluminum used.

I'm still waiting on the exact specs of the ducting too, but I can tell you it's 2 ply with a galvanized steel wire helix and it's rated to over 550 degrees F. The ducting is also sourced in the UK.

The hose clamps included are JCS branded hose clamps (again sourced and manufactured in the UK) and are approved by Lloyd's Register and even NATO for automotive, offshore, and industrial usage. They are also 100% stainless steel and have a pressed band instead of perforated which improves the strength of the clamp while also limiting damage to the hose being clamped.

I'll try to get more information as quickly as possible to fill you all in, but Forge UK is attending the Autosport show right now, which is like the European equivalent to SEMA. My ability to get information for the remainder of this week is kind of limited.

We're also having a difficult finishing up the installation of the first kit to create some instructions, but I will have it completed by the end of the week for sure.

To those who have already submitted orders for the kits, I will contact you soon to finalize everything. I will provide everyone else with pricing and availability details hopefully tomorrow. We are not accepting additional orders until everything else is complete.

Thanks for your patience everyone.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

any updates?

i was one of the pre-orders (Dec 3rd) & have not heard anything. i was under the impression you would be contacting us........?

check your PM's if you need my order info, might be buried, sent it last week
Old Jan 17, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Me too... I'd really like these on the car before I go back to Laguna Seca next month... That track really eats brakes.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for an update. Are these shipping out soon? There are some upcoming track events I wanna go to and I'd like to have these!
Old Jan 31, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Almost 3 weeks since Mike@Forge seemingly dropped off the face of the Earth... Anybody heard anything?
Old Jan 31, 2006, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

I'm still here folks, but we've been having one hell of a time trying to get this project finished, and I'm sorry for that.

Everything is manufactured, packaged up, and ready to go, but I haven't yet been able to finish up an install on my car and work up a set of satisfactory and complete instructions.

I hope to be able to do so by the end of this week, fulfill exsisting orders, and begin offering the production versions of the kits.

Since tomorrow is the first of the month, unfortunately, we must do a physical inventory of our stock and such, but time permitting, I will finish this up tomorrow or Thursday.

Again, I appologize for the delay, but this is the last thing that needs to be done and I want to be absolutely certain that it's done properly.

I'll give you guys a status update and pricing information tomorrow evening.

Again, I'm very sorry!
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Mike, glad to know you're alive and well. And that the kits may be ready soon.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the update Mike!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Everything is finished and ready to go! I'll make another post in a few hours.

I will also be calling those who have placed pre-orders by the end of the day today!

Stay Tuned!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Sweet!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Cool.. perfect timing! Just in time for my next track event!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

mike is the man!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 11:24 AM

What happened to the price?

I thought these were supposed to be close to $200. I looked at the Forge web site and they are listed for $350 without inlets . Kind of disappointing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forge Part Number - FMEVOBCDK

Brake Cooling Duct Kit

Fits - All Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7/8/9 with OEM Brembo calipers

Current ESTIMATED Price - $200 plus shipping and applicable taxes

Estimated Availability - 3 weeks

Included Components:
- Brake Ducts
- Fitting Hardware
- Roughly 10 feet of 2" high-temp ducting
- Clamps and zip-ties to secure ducting
- Basic Instructions
- POSSIBLY duct inlets (still working on possible design)
- Forge Sticker

[
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately, the original ESTIMATED pricing of the kits did need to increase beyond the initial $200 figure that we figured we could hit. The cost of manufacturing the parts for the kits exceeded our expectations and consequently increased the price of the kits.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...oduct=FMEVOBCD

We WILL, however, just as we do with ALL of our other products, be offering a Lifetime Warranty on the kits that will cover all defects and failures at no additional cost to you. This warranty is also for the life of the product, not the life of the car. If the kit is sold second hand, it's still covered.

I appologize if this prices the kits out of the range of feasibility for anyone, but we feel that we are offering an extremely high quality product at an (arguably) reasonable price with often unmatched customer service and support.

For those with any questions about the kits that have not already been answered, please take a look at the instructions which are available to download from our website at the following link:

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media...Duct%20Kit.pdf

Please let me know if anyone has any additional questions or concerns.

Quick Reply: Forge Motorsport BCDK - Brake Cooling Duct Kit