Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

PeakBoost Turbosystem packages?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by af-performance
The numbers are looking very good Peak, however I truly am not impressed. I knew all along this would be the outcome. Every peakboost product to date has produced massive amounts of power gain and has shown to be the best kit on the market for that specific application.
huh, did you mean to say that you aren't impressed?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:29 PM

Its sarcasim. We have been selling Peakboost products since day 1. When the #'s finally came out, we werent impressed because we already knew that they would produce some sick numbers.

Peakboost is top notch stuff, its expected for it to be the best!!

Kevin
AF-Performance Sales
http://www.af-performance.com
Old Dec 14, 2005, 08:29 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks guys

much much more to come from this setup. just got the twin disk in from Tilton, waiting on the new hYdra 2.5 ems and we'll be back on the dyno with some race gas
lately we've been running ~25psi on 91 octane, i think the car will do ~430awhp on pump, w/o h20/meth/alky, just pump

stay tuned

Originally Posted by af-performance
Its sarcasim. We have been selling Peakboost products since day 1. When the #'s finally came out, we werent impressed because we already knew that they would produce some sick numbers.

Peakboost is top notch stuff, its expected for it to be the best!!

Kevin
AF-Performance Sales
http://www.af-performance.com
Old Dec 14, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Love the work.... love the pricing man ... cant beat it!
two quick questions...

is the gt35r on your kits... 4bolt.. or 5 bolt?? (looks 4 just wanted to make sure)

also in your pictures you posted... is the the stock Radiator hose? ... will the stock one work? did you have to a slim rad fan? or just a the evo5 style rad was enough??
Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

great kit, so have you created a peakboost stroker kit? That would be great considering the awesome numbers you guys are putting up.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rcebowl
Love the work.... love the pricing man ... cant beat it!
two quick questions...

is the gt35r on your kits... 4bolt.. or 5 bolt?? (looks 4 just wanted to make sure)

also in your pictures you posted... is the the stock Radiator hose? ... will the stock one work? did you have to a slim rad fan? or just a the evo5 style rad was enough??

All the Peakboost kits utilize a T3 or T4 flanged 4 bolt exhaust housing turbocharger. The evo5 radiator is all that is needed or you can send in your existing radiator to have the points modified. The full kit does come with a Peakboost Radiator.

Kevin
AF-Performance
Old Dec 15, 2005, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by go_evo_go
great kit, so have you created a peakboost stroker kit? That would be great considering the awesome numbers you guys are putting up.
Peak is definatly the type to try it, however keep in mind the Evo they have is still brand new. I think he started yanking the car apart she only had about 8-1100 miles.

Dont put it past them. I know with the honda kits the fabbed up probably the best kit out period. Now they are re-releasing a Version 2 kit. So dont worry, I am sure the upgraded version has already crossed there minds a couple times

Kevin
AF-Performance
Old Dec 26, 2005, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Jan 2nd is coming soon hows the kit looking guys, and doesnt the Hydra have a brand new released version
Old Dec 26, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Is there a possibility for the upper intercooler pipe to be a different color than gold, say silver or polished aluminum?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Any update on the price and availability of the DP for the t04r
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Ken, what are your opinions on this the 67mm/P-trim combo/.82AR. What do you think the max boost is going to be. Is 40psi to much for this combo? Do think it is more suited for 35psi? Let me know some thoughts on it. Also what are you thoughts on your PHx42? Is that 70mm wheel to much for the P-trim/T3 exhaust side? Also can you put it in a 1.06 T3?

I know we have found on the 35R's it to be around 35-37psi before it runs out of steam.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Inquireing minds have questions
Old Jan 7, 2006, 11:19 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
Jan 2nd is coming soon hows the kit looking guys, and doesnt the Hydra have a brand new released version

hey guys, sorry for such a delayed response
happy belated holidays and new year to everyone!!

the kits are ready to go!

the New Hydra 2.5 is on its way to us as we speak, they just cleared customs on Thursday 1/5/06. the new version allows for a faster sync with the cam/crank sensors for a faster startup on the EVO's. CAN'T WAIT.

i think everyone is starting to see the "LIGHT", with the Hydra.
1. cheaper than the AEM with the a better o2 sensor (L2H2)
2. more resolution
3. less complicated
4. on board 3bar MAP sensor
5.6.7.8. i could go on for days

once the new version ecu arrives, we will be testing the BBto4R .63 a/r stg3 that is on the car currently. i can say, that from just switching out the P-trim turbine wheel to the stg3 wheel, this car has really came alive with the stock cams.
dropped 1k rpms in full boost from ~5200rpms with the P-trim to ~4200rpms with the stg3 wheel. much more fun to drive on the street.
however, i think the 280 cams will help the P-trim wheel to come alive and lengthen the powerband up a bit.

we'll be testing the our GT3040R after this and then onto the BIG DOGG PHX42 T3p
we will be skipping testing of the GT35R as we feel there has been a significant amount of these setups already documented. but, whos knows, if i get bored we might show what the 35R can really do

lots of work to do, not enough time to do it...

Ken Peak
Old Jan 7, 2006, 11:20 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoVIII_MR2005
Is there a possibility for the upper intercooler pipe to be a different color than gold, say silver or polished aluminum?
we can offer the pipes just polished aluminum if you'd like.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 11:26 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Juiced
Any update on the price and availability of the DP for the t04r
the downpipe is all finished up. its a full 3" SS peice, with an upper and lower section that are connected with the peakboost quick release vband.

this allows for complete assembly of the manifold, wastegate, turbo, dumptube and upper downpipe out of the vehicle. then all you have to do is bolt the complete assembly onto the head, lift the car up and clamp the lower section to the upper with just a vband, SUPER EASY INSTALL

should be able to get some pictures up tomorrow, we've been sooo busy that we've been working 7days a week for the last 2 months... and enjoying every minute of it

the MSRP for the 3" SS downpipe with the vband clamp is $515.00

feel free to PM me with any questions

Quick Reply: PeakBoost Turbosystem packages?