Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

IX - Vishnu ECU Reflash from 233WHP to 275WHP stock!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice gain. Damn the 9s are monsters. Too bad the only thing i can afford is a early year 8.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:23 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Damn, I need to get my 9 tuned by somebody...
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

those are definitly good numbers but $750 is a little pricey for me. being that its just a flash u would think it would be a little cheaper. something more comparable to the cost of a TT dyno tune or a dynoflash dyno tune. either way, the car will be great.
most people do experience better gas mileage after a flash on a stock car because mitsu runs the evo's so rich!
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bacalhau16
those are definitly good numbers but $750 is a little pricey for me. being that its just a flash u would think it would be a little cheaper. something more comparable to the cost of a TT dyno tune or a dynoflash dyno tune. either way, the car will be great.
most people do experience better gas mileage after a flash on a stock car because mitsu runs the evo's so rich!
It is NOT just a flash. You missed the post where the owner says that Shiv flashed the car AND then tuned it on the dyno for an HOUR. The owner's ECU is now optimized to the engine on that particular car. That is the best way to get a flash. A mail in flash is not going to be as good as a custom flash.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
It is NOT just a flash. You missed the post where the owner says that Shiv flashed the car AND then tuned it on the dyno for an HOUR. The owner's ECU is now optimized to the engine on that particular car. That is the best way to get a flash. A mail in flash is not going to be as good as a custom flash.
Your splitting hairs. Its a flash by name whether it be through the mail or on the dyno.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bacalhau16
The price of the baseline flash alone is $650. The extra $100 was for custom tuning. Just intro pricing, however. After the new year, custom tuning on the IX will go back up to the regular price of $250/hr. If it's to expensive, there are other options (S-AFC, MBC, mail-in Techtom flashes, etc,.). Different strokes for different folks...

shiv
Old Dec 11, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
sorry buddy, but i didnt miss a thing. it is a flash, i know that it was dyno tuned, that is why i compared it to a custom dynoflash, or TT trix tune which is also done on a dyno.

The price of the baseline flash alone is $650. The extra $100 was for custom tuning. Just intro pricing, however. After the new year, custom tuning on the IX will go back up to the regular price of $250/hr. If it's to expensive, there are other options (S-AFC, MBC, mail-in Techtom flashes, etc,.). Different strokes for different folks...

shiv, i respect ur pricing and understand ur quality of work. i dont think that it is outlandish by any means, and understand that it offers a lot more compared to a mail-in or a s-afc. hey, if dave coleman from sport compact car, says ur 1 of only 3 people that will let u touch his car, UR GOOD!
Old Dec 11, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Damnit all of these threads with the 9 making so much power tempts me to getting some mod for my IX. Must resist modding the car.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 06:49 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by DanJ
Damnit all of these threads with the 9 making so much power tempts me to getting some mod for my IX. Must resist modding the car.
You aren't the only one..
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

why resist modding ur car? If u dont want to go through extensive modding of ur car, then just get a flash. they are not detectable by dealerships, they have awesome gains, usually better gas mileage, so there is no reason not too. If u feel like u dont want it anymore later on, or ur gonna trade it in or something, most vendors offer free flashes back to stock!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
Your splitting hairs. Its a flash by name whether it be through the mail or on the dyno.
um splitting hairs? I forget who said it but in Sport Compact car one of the writers in the 7 years he had ben doing his piece he said he would only trust 3 people to tune his car, Shiv being on of them. I would say an hour of love on the dyno from him for your evo is worth the few extra bones.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Same day I had my car tuned by Shiv, its money well spent on a custom tune, trust me on that. There is NO comparison to a mail in flash when custom tuned, I went from 240 whp to 295 whp and IMO there is no better bang for that buck.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:20 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by res04
Same day I had my car tuned by Shiv, its money well spent on a custom tune, trust me on that. There is NO comparison to a mail in flash when custom tuned, I went from 240 whp to 295 whp and IMO there is no better bang for that buck.
Curious, but did you have any other mods? Nice numbers.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Sure, Tanabe 70mm DP, Works HFC, Greddy Ti cat back. Safe to say 20whp worth over stock exhaust?
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pyrovice
um splitting hairs? I forget who said it but in Sport Compact car one of the writers in the 7 years he had ben doing his piece he said he would only trust 3 people to tune his car, Shiv being on of them. I would say an hour of love on the dyno from him for your evo is worth the few extra bones.

Whats your point? Im not trying to discredit Shiv, im calling a spade a spade.

Quick Reply: IX - Vishnu ECU Reflash from 233WHP to 275WHP stock!!!!