Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Full-Race Factory Turbo Manifold (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MitsuEvoIIX
damn that looks nice...anyone know a price? im sure its like 1k or sumin full race is dough
it says right above your post.... $899
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Abicus
Absolutely beautiful. Someone should get one of these to Dave @Buschur to put it to the test (just to see it of course). I would love to see this manifold on my car along with the evo9 20g come spring time.
id love for David Buschur to check the manifold out. He has seen most everything there is to see for DSMs and definately has an educated eye.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:42 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by rraulston
Top quality stuff like this in Japan would cost twice the amount....Now, Geoff, you need to help me pick a turbo and ill be ordering the down pipe next monday from Stephen at Innovative Automotive in Tucson........
we are actually lucky that there isnt too much quality coming out of japan!!

which turbos are you considering? Give me more info on what power level you are shooting for, what the car will be used for (street, road course, drag race, etc?) and what your budget is (ball bearing or bushing?) and i can set you up with the right turbo.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:45 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Derek888
IMO your intake manifolds are sick looking...the way its made is completely different from the ones I have seen that are made in the US that have welds all over the place on all sides
thanks derek, we actually spent 3 years on the B series manifold. Now that we have finally finished the design, we learned a TREMENDOUS amount in the process, which can be applied to every other application we work with.

We are working with an ASU graduate student right now on his graduate thesis, to determine whether 1-D CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analysis will provide us with accurate data or if it is necessary to go into 3-D CFD. This will be a published research paper for the Society of Automotive Engineers when it is finished. We try very hard to cover all bases and thoroughly engineer our products from start to finish.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

I would have jump on this along with the BR 20g-9 if I had known about this before I bought my kit. But, I am interested on the Intake Manifold !
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
nah... I think thats a waste of money. I am not saying that its not a good product, its just that I myself would not spend that much dough on headers for a stock turbo. Unless they had a good bolt on turbo that actually works.
This isn't just for the stock 16G turbo. You do understand that right?

I guess you wouldn't consider a 20G-9 turbo a good combination with a mani like this? I would!
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dammit...no anti-lag ports tho...

-Adam
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

all the big hp honda guys use this manifold. It always gave a big torque increase in power switching from a log manifold to the equal length. Like 40-50ft lb's. increases. Also many of the hot rod class cars use the manifold.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
all the big hp honda guys use this manifold. It always gave a big torque increase in power switching from a log manifold to the equal length. Like 40-50ft lb's. increases. Also many of the hot rod class cars use the manifold.
I did see the test on that.. I don't know it seemed somewhat biased though. I have seen hondas make same power as a tubular manifold with log manifold same boost sometimes less. Too many variables though. The guy with the best time in honda turbo street class I think right now is Matt Keller from inlinepro. He has a integra, probably 200lbs heavier than most of hatches and Brian Ballards CRX. I think he is using an inline pro off the shelf log manifold that looks like it is based off a dsm manifold. Current time 9.7 @ 149...700+ @ 32psi c16...83bore X 89 stroke.. I think I saw it in a recent magazine.. Not saying the full race manifold is top notch..is does look very nice and will definetly add some bling and I am sure it works or of course no one will buy it, haha which is definetly not the case...I am just referring to that test..Seems anything is better than stock anyways.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AdamJ39

-Adam
I was thinking the same thing.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

can someone tell me what the anti-log port is?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
it says right above your post.... $899

didnt see that but thanx...900 doesnt seen too bad for something like this
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mchuang
I did see the test on that.. I don't know it seemed somewhat biased though. I have seen hondas make same power as a tubular manifold with log manifold same boost sometimes less
I think you are a little confused... there is no way a log manifold will make the same power as a properly designed tubular manifold, and it definately wont do it at less boost. Many of the top hotrod honda guys, all the top supra guys (ara arslanian/bullish, matt scranton/ride revolution, paul & krys efantis/MSP-Lucas etc ) and many others all have had tremendous power/et/mph gains using our off-the-shelf products.

our test was not biased, and we videotaped it so anyone watching can easily see we did not falsify any of the results.

additionally, here are two other tests that we had nothing to do with

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...fpart=all&vc=1

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1220207

we dont make up dyno data
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AdamJ39
the reason is becuase the proper way to setup an antilag system is to dump fuel and pull timing... the "anti-lag" ports are really a myth
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Looks good Geoff.

Quick Reply: Full-Race Factory Turbo Manifold (PICS)