Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Full-Race Factory Turbo Manifold (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for this question...but what if it rains?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

It pours.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

park your car and use your umbrella
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HxllxMan
park your car and use your umbrella

haha...

alright..let me rephrase

what happens to the manifold when it rains?
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

liquid on very hot manifold is not good... If you keep the rain cover, it should be okay. The rain need to pour like **** to crack it.

Last edited by HxllxMan; Dec 16, 2005 at 12:56 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:13 AM
Evolving Member

If you keep the rain cover, it should be okay. The rain need to pour like **** to crack it.
I would think this is true... but my question is this... even without the rain cover, would the rain have enough thermal mass to cool the manifold quickly enough to crack it? This would not be like dumping a bucket of water on a cherry red manifold, where you are causing very rapid cooling. Rain would have a gradual effect, plus, if you are driving (and boosting, presumably) you are creating heat, thus decreasing the amount of temperature change.

Anyone have their thermodynamics equations handy?
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I couldn't crack the cheap SSAutoChrome manifold glowing orange in the freezing rain, this one should be indestructible.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:07 AM
Account Disabled

have you guys check out some of the other evo offerings of Full Race on thier web site ?

They have several evo kits which just blow me away. I just saw one the other day on a car with a Buschur Stroker kit - I give the Full Race GT35R kit the highest possible review - it simply blows awa'y everything else in the market

I dont sell them - just wanted to give my own two cents - It suprizes me that more guys dont try then for turbo kits
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
If I couldn't crack the cheap SSAutoChrome manifold glowing orange in the freezing rain, this one should be indestructible.
Well I had a certain manifold that supposedly would never crack and it did so anything is possible. Never say never, it will end up bitting you in the ***.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:45 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I'd need one fairly soon as after I get started on this next round of testing I am done, no more. My car has got to have 1,000 dyno runs on it at this point
We are making some changes to the head flanges, as soon as they are finished we will send a manifold to you. Thanks so much for performing this test, i think you are doing a great service to the community, your following is certainly well deserved. Ill get in touch with you via PM.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:52 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
They have several evo kits which just blow me away. I just saw one the other day on a car with a Buschur Stroker kit - I give the Full Race GT35R kit the highest possible review - it simply blows awa'y everything else in the market

I dont sell them - just wanted to give my own two cents - It suprizes me that more guys dont try then for turbo kits
Well to be honest, the evo community hasnt really been too familiar with us, as we've come from the honda camp primarily. I think it is hard for someone to want to try out a new company (particularly when considering turbo kits) with a new product which they are unfamiliar with.

We are constanty improving our kits, constantly making minor revisions, all little things to improve our products as much as possible. We strive to make our products the best we know how, and appreciate you guys for noticing! If you ever have any input, any ideas you would like to see, please tell us! We would be happy to implement any subtle changes or improvements you might think of.

thanks again for the support
Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by stvbreal
Well I had a certain manifold that supposedly would never crack and it did so anything is possible. Never say never, it will end up bitting you in the ***.
Well manifolds can crack, particularly if exposed to ridiculously high EGT, extreme vibration and a host of other circumstances. That being said, those circumstances which cause one of our manifolds to crack, would have also caused a cast manifold to crack.

This is a very rare occurance, and one that we would certainly remedy, either by repairing the damaged manifold, or providing the customer with a brand new unit, free of charge. Our customer support is second to none, and if there is a crack in one of our manifolds, we deifnately want to know about it. We want to know where it is, why it is there, how it got there and we will make sure the manifold never cracks there again.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:57 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by andrew20195
I would think this is true... but my question is this... even without the rain cover, would the rain have enough thermal mass to cool the manifold quickly enough to crack it? This would not be like dumping a bucket of water on a cherry red manifold, where you are causing very rapid cooling. Rain would have a gradual effect, plus, if you are driving (and boosting, presumably) you are creating heat, thus decreasing the amount of temperature change.

Anyone have their thermodynamics equations handy?
if you really wanted to know the answer, we could model it, but i really dont think it would be worth the time...

liquid on very hot manifold is not good... If you keep the rain cover, it should be okay. The rain need to pour like **** to crack it.
to be honest, even pouring rain i do not think will be a problem. I had to drive a customer's MR2 with our manifold for 200 miles in heavy rain (yeah, that was fun) and it had no rain guard. All that happened was there were a bunch of water spots on the manifold. (rub with some scotch bright and they disappear)

Originally Posted by Event-Horizon
What would be the cost of this manifold coated?
coating i believe is an additional $100 but i would have to double check with the sales guys

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Dec 16, 2005 at 08:59 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:57 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
Well to be honest, the evo community hasnt really been too familiar with us, as we've come from the honda camp primarily. I think it is hard for someone to want to try out a new company (particularly when considering turbo kits) with a new product which they are unfamiliar with.

We are constanty improving our kits, constantly making minor revisions, all little things to improve our products as much as possible. We strive to make our products the best we know how, and appreciate you guys for noticing! If you ever have any input, any ideas you would like to see, please tell us! We would be happy to implement any subtle changes or improvements you might think of.

thanks again for the support
Keep up the good work - amung the real racers at the track you guys already have the best possible reputation

I am hoping to see more Full Race turbo kits on customer's Evos so that I may have an opportunity to tune more of them

Also - I have a question - are you gentlemen yet making a divided housing manifold with twin wastegates fo rthe GT42R ?

Thanks AL
Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:59 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
Well manifolds can crack, particularly if exposed to ridiculously high EGT, extreme vibration and a host of other circumstances. That being said, those circumstances which cause one of our manifolds to crack, would have also caused a cast manifold to crack.

This is a very rare occurance, and one that we would certainly remedy, either by repairing the damaged manifold, or providing the customer with a brand new unit, free of charge. Our customer support is second to none, and if there is a crack in one of our manifolds, we deifnately want to know about it. We want to know where it is, why it is there, how it got there and we will make sure the manifold never cracks there again.
Based upon the seriously thick material used in your manifolds and the robotic welding I would think that it would nearly impossible to crak one of those with a stock turbo hanging on it

I have used similar material in my own manifold on my car acdn found it to be very robust

Quick Reply: Full-Race Factory Turbo Manifold (PICS)