Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Full-Race Factory Turbo Manifold (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:02 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
are you gentlemen yet making a divided housing manifold with twin wastegates fo rthe GT42R ?
To be honest, that is a manifold we could very easily do, the only problems i foresee (the only reasons we HAVENT done it yet) are:

1) not AC compatible

2) not full length radiator compatible

if you were willing to work around these, i would love to build a manifold for this application. One thing worth considering, however, is the gt4088R. I have had huge luck with that turbo on my personal car, as i pegged a dynapack at high boost haha

http://importcrew.com/auto-part/mfg-...n-the-dyno/10/
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stvbreal
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus
If I couldn't crack the cheap SSAutoChrome manifold glowing orange in the freezing rain, this one should be indestructible.

Well I had a certain manifold that supposedly would never crack and it did so anything is possible. Never say never, it will end up bitting you in the ***.
You should know my postings better than that by now... hence my use of "should"...

Remember, I'm the one who doesn't believe in eternal tubular manifolds... however, the above reference was concerning rain. I'm sure Geoff can make a statement on his product regarding it's "rain worthyness".

[edit] Guess Geoff beat me to it [/edit]

Last edited by Zeus; Dec 18, 2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
if you really wanted to know the answer, we could model it, but i really dont think it would be worth the time...
It was more of a rhetorical question, and I agree that it is not worth your time to model it... maybe if there is a REALLY bored engineer out there...

My main point is that I think people overestimate the thermal shock from rain. I seriously doubt that rain drops on the manifold of a running engine would cause a problem, as you stated in your post about the MR2.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone install one yet?
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:11 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 954DRGSR
Anyone install one yet?
not yet, as we havent yet shipped any. The first is going to Buschur for testing this week, then to Glazer for testing.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

bizzump
Old Dec 21, 2005, 06:51 AM
Account Disabled

the first one left to go david buschur for testing today
Old Dec 21, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Great to hear. Thanks a ton for sending it out. Still haven't gotten the RNR or DC. I will test it soon!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 21, 2005, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome! I love it when people cooperate for the benefit of the community. It doesn't happen enough. Keep up the great work David and Geoff!
Old Dec 21, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

not yet, as we havent yet shipped any. The first is going to Buschur for testing this week, then to Glazer for testing.
nice i cant wait for the numbers. i wonder how it would work with a ATP turbo kit.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B EVIL
nice i cant wait for the numbers. i wonder how it would work with a ATP turbo kit.
i was looking at those ATP turbos, and I feel that anyone who has one, it would deifnately be in their best interest to get rid of that turbine housing, convert to a standard T3 housing, and use one of our T3 manifolds.

That turbine housing alone will cause significant restriction, later spool, increased pressure drop and turbulance in the volute as compared to a standard GT series tangential T3 turbine housing... definately not ideal

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Dec 21, 2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Geoff, the ATP kit definitely has some restriction problems.

Dave, our mani is on it's way.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Great to hear. Thanks a ton for sending it out. Still haven't gotten the RNR or DC. I will test it soon!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
let the truth be told
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was looking at those ATP turbos, and I feel that anyone who has one, it would deifnately be in their best interest to get rid of that AWFUL turbine housing, convert to a standard T3 housing, and use one of our T3 manifolds.

That turbine housing alone will cause significant restriction, later spool, increased pressure drop and turbulance in the volute... definately not ideal
Funny... I told someone with the ATP kit how restrictive it was and they told me I was full of ***t. weeee

That is a sick manifold BTW. Now you guys are on the list of companies to possibly buy my turbo kit from!
Old Dec 21, 2005, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
As for the RNR manifold as per FedEx website

Dec 21, 2005 On FedEx vehicle for delivery

You should be getting it any minute.

I really hope that the RNR and Full-Race are close in HP gains otherwise I will have to rethink my manifold choice. Geoff made my manifold for my S2000 and it was a work of art. I firmly believe that the manifold is what helped the car push 600+hp. If I knew he was making this manifold for the Evo I would have waited. Geoff / Full-Race makes nothing but the best parts. I would highly recommend anyone thinking of getting a manifold to put them on the top of the list.

I guess we will see after the testing how they compare. I really hope the RNR can come close with the Full Race. I hope the tests go well.

Quick Reply: Full-Race Factory Turbo Manifold (PICS)