Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

IveyLeagueTuning tuned EVO IX MR on the Mustang Dyno.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2005, 05:36 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, def. have to agree with Dave as his thoughts were mine on the numbers anyway....

With my mods in my sig i am at 333 and 340tq on meth using the mustang here in SE MI. Which i always thought was the lowest reading dyno ever lol.

REal nice increase in power and torque Sean
Old Dec 13, 2005, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome tune sean....as time goes by, you continue to impress us all.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

YO Rez90, whats turbo you're using?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

wowed by the truth huh,

unless of course that car goes out and runs 10's
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ibanez_926
wowed by the truth huh,

unless of course that car goes out and runs 10's
It's pretty safe to say it's reading like a Dynojet, but I didn't say anything, because it didn't look to me like anyone was mistakenly believing that this car was making this much power on a low-reading MD. Also, the real point is that the car gained 48whp/67wtq with the tune, so it doesn't really matter how the MD is calibrated. As long as no one is fooled by the peak numbers themselves and just concentrates on the gains from tuning, this thread will be fine.

Now, if we assume it's reading like a Dynojet, the numbers are STILL incredibly impressive. People don't make that power on VIIIs without cams AND alky.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Dec 13, 2005 at 06:23 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

i really cant believe how much power the tuners are making just from the tune, that is what amazes me.

With the majority of the people on this forum being so peak hp/tq numbers happy, posts like daves need to be said
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
YO Rez90, whats turbo you're using?

turbotrix 50 trim
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Kay!
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ibanez_926
i really cant believe how much power the tuners are making just from the tune, that is what amazes me.

With the majority of the people on this forum being so peak hp/tq numbers happy, posts like daves need to be said
I'm usually the first person to point this sort of thing out, but I'm walking on thin ice as it is, so I have to pick my spots now. The first thing that jumped out to me was that this is obviously on an MD that has been modified to read higher, but that the tuning gains were ASTOUNDING, and that's what matters most.

Wrx Kila, got no offers, so I'm keeping it. I wasn't going to take a loss in my attempt to get a IX...I was just seeing if I could get what I wanted on both ends (29.5k sale and invoice purchase). Ok, back to IveyLeagueTuning...
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

I kind of agree and kind of disagree with David Buschur, while I do think the numbers for this Mustang Dyno may be higher than other Mustang Dynos, I do not think the numbers are so far off. I'm sorry, but to me, I am personaly growing tired of Mr. Buschur comparing every Mustung Dyno to his own, 333WHP for a mid 11 second/120mph+ EVO is extremely low reading dyno and in my opinion just as inaccurate as a very high reading dyno. But it doesn't matter, dynos are useful for measuring the gains that a car has made compared to it's baseline pull.

Now 359WHP may be a little high (but possibly could be correct, but most likely not) I do not believe it is so far off. Take fore example Vishnu's DD, in which multiple EVO IXs have made very impressive gains with just flashes. For instance a IX has made 275WHP on their dyno with just a flash and another IX has made 295WHP with just a flash/exhaust/downpipe/high flow cat (not a test pipe). Remember these numbers are made on pump 91 octane gas.

So let's examine, with a test pipe, MBC, fuel pump, 93/94 octane gas I wouldn't be surprised if the Vishnu's IX (295WHP) could see 330-335WHP (maybe more) on their DD. Now as we all know not all EVOs are created equal and some make more power than others, who is to say that this one (the one tuned with ivey flash) just makes more power than other EVO IXs. For instance the EVO that made 275WHP at Vishnu baseline pull was 233WHP stock, compared to the EVO that made 295WHP baseline pull of 242WHP with exhaust/downpipe/high flow cat (only making 9 more WHP than the stock EVO IX). So in theory, the EVO IX that made 295WHP was probably making less power stock than the IX that dynoed 275WHP with just a flash. So the IX with a flash and 275WHP could possible see numbers in the 340WHP area with a exhaust/downpipe/test pipe/MBC/fuel pump/flash.

I mean I see a lot of doubters out there, but what I can't see is any proof to support these doubts, just proof to support the claims that the IX is indeed capable of some mind boggling numbers.

Last edited by 3000ways; Dec 13, 2005 at 06:42 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Although I can see where some of the doubt comes from, time slips are needed for more of these high horsepowered IXs, I can't wait till the spring.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Needless to say a Mustand Dyno that has been manipulated. Check the roll weight as there isn't anyway possible the car would make that kind of power on our MD.

It's to the point now, and this is directed at you Sean as you don't own that dyno, that people use the MD to really brag about numbers as everyone knows how low mine is. The problem is half the MD owners I spoke with before buying mine told me to make sure I changed the calibrations or nobody would be happy with the numbers it gave them. Well, I didn't change mine.

On my dyno a good driver making 330 whp will run 11.30's at 124 mph. The numbers this particular dyno just spit out is telling us that with those minimal mods that car is going to break into the 10's at 127 mph. Yeah, right.

May as well refer to that particular MD as a Dynojet.

Very nice curve though which shows regardless of what the fake MD dyno is saying you did a good job on the tune.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

David,

I think the way your dyno reads is just unrealistically low, but if that's the way it comes from Mustang then so be it. This doesn't mean that it has to be left like that. What does a stock evo put out on your dyno dave?
I specifically spoke with the owner of the dyno about this many times, and according to them it hasn't been manipulated, I am no expert on Mustang dynos so if you tell me what it is that was manipulated I could cetainly check to see.

Either way the important thing to me is the difference from start to finish of the tune and I am happy with it.

For all we know this one reads just like yours does Dave :-)

So David to sum it all up what are you saying? That the Mustang dynos are garbage and cannot be trusted?

Sean
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Although I can see where some of the doubt comes from, time slips are needed for more of these high horsepowered IXs, I can't wait till the spring.
I think you're going a little overboard, 3000ways. They wouldn't pick up 35whp from a test pipe and MBC (ignoring fuel pump since it's not needed) and 2oct. A 60whp difference with the same basic mods lends itself to this dyno reading wayyyyyyyy differently than a regular MD or DD.

The comment about Buschur's dyno isn't right either, because his is unmolested. They should all be that way, and if people had not have messed with their settings, we'd have one baseline with which to compare. Since most people have changed their settings, we now have no idea what to think whenever someone makes claims on a random MD. However, when Buschur makes dyno claims, we know EXACTLY what they mean.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 06:59 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

just to stir the pot...if you really think 359 is close lets just say its only losing a very conservative 15% of a loss through the drivetrain. That would put the crank hp at 412 with just ex. and a good tune
Old Dec 13, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I think you're going a little overboard, 3000ways. They wouldn't pick up 35whp from a test pipe and MBC (ignoring fuel pump since it's not needed) and 2oct. A 60whp difference with the same basic mods lends itself to this dyno reading wayyyyyyyy differently than a regular MD or DD.

The comment about Buschur's dyno isn't right either, because his is unmolested. They should all be that way, and if people had not have messed with their settings, we'd have one baseline with which to compare. Since most people have changed their settings, we now have no idea what to think whenever someone makes claims on a random MD. However, when Buschur makes dyno claims, we know EXACTLY what they mean.
Yeah I agree, I wish all dynos read the same, I hate that dyno #s are so all over the place. I really can't wait to start seeing more time slips.

Quick Reply: IveyLeagueTuning tuned EVO IX MR on the Mustang Dyno.