Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

STiKiller.com Complaint...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2006, 06:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Creamo3
When dealing w/ aftermarket companies they usually don't keep a ton of stock as that increases their overhead, which in turn can lead to longer waits for parts. It's the nature of the business, learn to deal w/ it or don't buy parts for you car.
Longer waits and more importantly HIGHER COSTs as they stock items on a credit line and pay interest in many cases. Even if they pay cash for all their stock, they still lose the interest of keeping their money in the bank.

GSC is a good vendor. They stay busy.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sux man i would go to lancer shop or jsc from now on, really fast delivery...
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys posting about bad service and what not must not have ordered many parts for your cars before. If an item is not in stock they can't ship it out, it's as simple as that. Did she call and get confirmation that they would be there on your birthday? Big deal, you have to wait a few days more for your parts. It's the thought that she bought you the parts for your birthday that matters anyways. It's all these posts about bad shops and throwing dirt on companies names that is getting old. If she doesn't have an email confirmation of the parts being shipped why would you assume them to show up on your specified date? At least you didn't order anything from overseas, that stuff takes like 3 months to get over here. I haved used GSC for a few parts and everytime they have been cool, they even threw in the STIKiller.com license plate and 2nd Day shipped a package free of charge for me. When dealing w/ aftermarket companies they usually don't keep a ton of stock as that increases their overhead, which in turn can lead to longer waits for parts. It's the nature of the business, learn to deal w/ it or don't buy parts for you car.
I'm with you on this most of the negative comments are from very new members.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Buy from Marty at Injected Performance, hes got like a million dollars of inventory, everything he advertirses he has in stock unless its sold out which he mentions. Everytime I ordered from him (almost all my stuff) its at my house in 2 days. Cant beat that.

There are too many vendors out there IMO. Its just too easy to start up an internet business and a lot of times its not done the right way. Thats why people buy from the big places.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Well for one i guess i should appoligize to you publicly just as i did to your girlfriend on the phone.

It is the middle of January and I as you could probably imagine it is the absolute slowest time of the year for everyone. Yes our inventroy is about 1/4 of what it is in march-september. So i must appoligize for not providing perfect service, we were waiting on 2 items to come into stock to ship everything together.

I could give you a host of Excuses but i am not going to. all i am going to say is i am sorry that your birthday present was not to you on time.

Also As far as the Phone system goes yes it is a pain in the *** and we are working on a it!
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
I agree with the last post.. They have to maintain a low overhead to make money.. And a confirmation of order, not shipment, was probably the mistake. I too deal with GSC and LancerShop.. They both give excellent service. It sucks not to get what you want when you want it, but to blame the distributers each and every time must get so tedious.. If you all keep it up, soon there will be no one to call and request aftermarket parts, due to clients oversimplifying the issues and blasting them openly.. It will have to be all bought locally from some jerk-off with overinflated prices, due to no competition... Just my 2 cents...
I agree with the above, I think seasoned customers understand time sensative orders are best ordered over the phone or with a stock confirmation done first. GSC is a good shop.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never had a problem with GSC, always had great service and quick replies. It's January, you're ordering car parts...probably gonna be slower than normal. Sucks you didn't get them on your birthday, but when ordering parts needed on a specific date...it's good to let them know when placing the order.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GregGSC
Well for one i guess i should appoligize to you publicly just as i did to your girlfriend on the phone.

I could give you a host of Excuses but i am not going to. all i am going to say is i am sorry that your birthday present was not to you on time.

Also As far as the Phone system goes yes it is a pain in the *** and we are working on a it!
I understand both sides of the story. Hopefully people will understand and keep using Greg. But it is good that he did apologize and carried it out in a tactfull manner instead of replying back in haste. I would still do business with them just for that matter.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by purplegodzilla
I think the smog from California have gotten to evo8rcr's head.
nah. lol Smog is only in L.A. (the higher concentrations) but we got ppl born like that.

Anyway.. Sorry to hear about this. Hope you had a good birthday otherwise.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

I think we are all relying too much on internet orders. if its important...pick up the phone, place your order and get verbal confirmation of availability and when it will ship.

Internet ordering and then hoping for a tracking number just is not what it used to be, specially with 'net' businesses selling car parts many of which are drop shipped which adds one more potential delay into the equation.

Just my .02
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

I may be a newer member to this forum, but that doesn't mean I'm not a veteran tuner. I have built several different cars...my 04 R32, 05 Lotus Elise HRM Edition to name a couple, and have never had problems with companies not providing me the proper information upon order. They sent her an order confirmation and never made mention of anything being out of stock or waiting for products to arrive. Most internet dealers will have stock status either posted directly on the part discription or will e-mail it to you with your e-mail order confirmation and tracking number. Very unfortunate incident. Also, my girlfriend is a veteran in the show scene and has built an absolutely immaculate show car. She knows a lot more about the business than most of us would and has a lot of experience with it...so you should be careful as to how you categorize women.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

I've ordered a bunch of goodies from the guys at GSC -- I don't care what the story is it won't change who I pick up the phone and call when I need something.

-- Thanks greg & gang at GSC!
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

i call in or email before i buy most parts, just to make sure its in stock and will arrive within 2 weeks. if you order a lot of things, 1 out of stock item can delay shipping for weeks
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JSC Speed
I agree with the above, I think seasoned customers understand time sensative orders are best ordered over the phone or with a stock confirmation done first. GSC is a good shop.

Agree'd ...Greg's helping me out too. My GSC cams ordered Dec 14th as an xmas present for my dad's 05 MR was "some how lost" by some Fedex driver inroute to my house....He was nice enough to send out a replacement set of cams before the payment from fedex's insurance dept . Unfortunately they're out of stock of the 272's so i'm still waiting LOL
Old Jan 28, 2006, 02:21 AM

Sorry to hear that, everytime I have dealt w/ Greg at GSC he has been very helpful.
Same here, never had any problems with them...