Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

The worst part I ever purchased for my Evos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think whoever boxed that up must have already given their 2 weeks. That's so beyond bad that there just has to be an explanation for it. I would link the vendor to the pics. I'm sure they'll be embarassed and take care of you. Sweet Jesus that's almost laughable.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
I think whoever boxed that up must have already given their 2 weeks. That's so beyond bad that there just has to be an explanation for it. I would link the vendor to the pics. I'm sure they'll be embarassed and take care of you. Sweet Jesus that's almost laughable.
LOL ... You are right. I can understand some technician /operator error, but how in the hell do you miss such piece? what about the empty box within the box? no hardware of any kind, not a single 2c vendor sticker, not even generic packaging, it came with a Megan racing plastic bag.
what about the cutting of the pipe? what about the actual fitting?, I can even install a clamp.

I just don't see how someone conciously could pack the piping in a box like that without telling his supervisor. The quality and fittment of this part is truly beyond comprehension..

We also have another update, we haven't even get a receipt at all, nor from e-mail nor in the box. We just know that our credit card was charged but that is it.. , not even on the shipping/administrative department they were sharp.

Carlos
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

It honestly looks like a reject. I can't believe that someone would mass produce a product of that poor of quality, especially to sell in an online business that caters to members of online forums. Did you ever talk to the people you bought it from?
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
That is the most horrible piece of trash I've seen in awhile. It was either made by a blind, one-armed man or someone who thought we were all born yesterday.
LOL, no kidding. I laugh soo much about eveyone's comments that all my anger went away with the laugh. You guys are hilarious.

Yeah, now seriously, the guy that assembled/welded that pipe together probably had some good Jack Daniels moments before he started working on my pipe. For God sake, the smaller pipe is Oval and not rounded..

Carlos
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

you still didn't say where did you purchase the parts
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Wow that pipe looks like sh*t. Was the coupler on the pipe? Covering the deformed section of pipe? Have you contacted the store you got it from for a refund or to exchange it for a new one?
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
F (COUGH) I (GAG) G(COUGH) H (HACKS) T (LAUGH) E (GAG) R (SPEW) S (WEEZ)-(CRAP) G(CRY) A(GHEY) R(HACK) A(LOSER) G(AHEM) E (AHHH) .COM
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
read post 52.

Carlos
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

lol
got it
Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
F (COUGH) I (GAG) G(COUGH) H (HACKS) T (LAUGH) E (GAG) R (SPEW) S (WEEZ)-(CRAP) G(CRY) A(GHEY) R(HACK) A(LOSER) G(AHEM) E (AHHH) .COM
OMG.... what a piece of garbage. I can build a LICP better than that POS.

Originally Posted by Fighers Garage
Fighters lower intercooler pipe replaces the restrictive stock piece entirely. The stock pipe has unnecessary bends
and necks down to less than 1.5". Other aftermarket versions neck down halfway through and, as such, do not fully realize
the gains in replacing the stock pipe. Our pipe maintains a 2.25" diameter throughout the entire piece other than a 1"(in length) section that is required to neck down to meet the stock turbo outlet.

Installation is very easy and only requires simple hand tools and 30 mins to an hour of your time. This piece connects to the turbo outlet and comes with a new silicone coupler to replace the long, stock flex hose. It is professionally welded for a professional look and overall integrity.

Other companies claim their smaller versions are worth 7-10hp and our piece maintains a larger piping diameter. On Wrick's car we noticed increased spool by 300rpm+ and boost "hit" rather than gradually coming on. It hit so hard that we thought it was spiking, but it was just more efficient due to the larger piping and lack of a large flex coupler. Also, Wrick noticed the car pulled harder on the top end due to the increased flow of the new pipe. The stock lower pipe becomes a restriction when one has bolt-ons and especially with the extra flow of cams. The Fighters pipe is only $145 shipped which is nearly half the price of other versions.

"My lower I/C pipe install turned out GREAT. It was a quick, easy, and accurate fit...a better than stock piece...and you can quote me on that."
- Darryl, member of evolutionm.net

Wow.... is all i can say on this one. I don't think i've seen such shoddy workmanship in my life after seeing those photos.

What really suprised me is that someone mentioned MeganRacing earlier and i've seen many vehicles with their products and everything from them from my experience was very nicely done.

My advice to those speculating on who did this before the name of the true company who built thie atrocity is to keep your mouth shut until you now for sure. There is absolutely no use in badmouthing a company like Megan when they had nothing to do with this. And to be honest, you can be actually be nailed for libel for this misinformation.

just my .02c.

ALWAYS!!!! Contact the vendor before making posts like this because you can be in a world of hurt if people start speculating that its another company causing them to lose out financiallly due to your misinformation.

Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If I would have mistakingly sold you something remotely close to that I would gladly let you smash me in the face with it.. Good Thing I sell only REAL Quality Stuff...
Old Mar 18, 2006, 02:27 AM
Evolving Member

unbelievable... i think i can make a better pipe myself...
Old Mar 18, 2006, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

scam...it seems
Old Mar 18, 2006, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fq340
unbelievable... i think i can make a better pipe myself...
I think my mom can make a better pipe than that one. Unbeleivable...
Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
dude... just get the nisei stuff... done deal. my kit was SOOO FREAKING NICE. all hardware was present, THICK couplers, ALL TBOLTS nad lastly... FITS FITS FITS FITS FITS!!!! you could wash your face with these pipes, that's how freakin' clean they are.

dude... i don't know WHY all you guys are jumpin' on him about showing us what can happen if you buy from these guys. seriously.... if they're gonna put stuff like that out there, they need this kick in the pants.

what makes a real good shop, a real good vendor. someone that takes the time nad the effort to make sure that things are right. this thing is not right even by nuclear fall out mutant standards.

you cannot put something out like that. it's just wrong. and if they didn't know about it... there's no excuse for that, they MAKE it, i can see maybe z1 or gruppe s sending out something that they don't make... and having the chance to make right on it cuz maybe hte piece was damaged before opening etc. but these guys make it!!!!

i don't cut br any slack for making things that don't fit... altho some of you do :\.

Last edited by trinydex; Mar 18, 2006 at 05:44 AM.

Quick Reply: The worst part I ever purchased for my Evos