Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

The worst part I ever purchased for my Evos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
That is the most hideous POS I've ever seen. It looks like they welded it (if you can call it that) with the gas turned off then couldn't figure out why they were blowing holes in it. They only thing that puzzles me is I can see they birdsh*t welded the rest of it but, why were the welding the end of it where they bead rolled it? It looks like someone dropped a stick welder on the end of it.

There is absolutely no excuse for sending something like that. If you hire people that can't figure out it isn't supposed to look like it has been set on fire and stepped on by an elephant before they box it up you are asking for your rep to get trashed like this piece should have been.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm the one who mentioned the Megan Racing name, and if you read the whole thread from the beggining people were asking for the vendor name, no one knew for sure (not even me), but I pointed out that there was a Megan Racing plastic bag next to the LICP, later on Carlos confirmed that the LICP came wrapped in a Megan plastic bag, but he actually purchased the product somewhere else.

I do have a Megan Racing TBE and love it, I know their quality and I was sure that if that LICP indeed came from Megan, it was some sort of mistake by the packager.

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
What really suprised me is that someone mentioned MeganRacing earlier and i've seen many vehicles with their products and everything from them from my experience was very nicely done.

My advice to those speculating on who did this before the name of the true company who built thie atrocity is to keep your mouth shut until you now for sure. There is absolutely no use in badmouthing a company like Megan when they had nothing to do with this. And to be honest, you can be actually be nailed for libel for this misinformation.

just my .02c.

ALWAYS!!!! Contact the vendor before making posts like this because you can be in a world of hurt if people start speculating that its another company causing them to lose out financiallly due to your misinformation.

Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

^^Andrew LB must be a lawyer. Libel...on an internet forum...get real. Most things said on here are libel or slanderous....its the INTERNET!!

Srew the company that made this. Post about it. It couldve been one of us that bought it instead of Carlos. There is nothing wrong about the truth.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JuancaROD
<HINT>I see a Megan Racing plastic bag next to the LICP (last picture)</HINT>
Don't be such knob ... you know Megan doesn't even offer LICPs... and they damn sure wouldn't use mind steel if they did! However, many don't know that, and rumors get started in this fashion.

I'd be willing to bet an employee was on his way out the door or the like. NO ONE ships something like that unless they INTEND to hurt either the manufacturer, or to purposly screw with the customer (yes I've seen a certain turbo "re-manufacturer" act in that manner).

Last edited by Zeus; Mar 18, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

I can't believe some of you babies are trying to say that carlos should have asked fighters garage or a mod to post this up.

If there is a company making shady products like this one then they should be busted out for it immediately. Looks like they need to work on their quality control standards!

THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW HOW CRAPPY FIGHTERS GARAGE IS CARLOS
Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Funny thing is, as soon as I saw the first picture I knew what product this was. My friend bought one recently, and although the bead on the turbo side wasn't welded all to he!! like this one it still looked pretty bad.

Has this company ever seen a piece from AMS, RMR, or Buschur?? Also, why would they ever use steel instead of aluminum.

EVOlutionary
Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
dude... just get the nisei stuff... done deal. my kit was SOOO FREAKING NICE. all hardware was present, THICK couplers, ALL TBOLTS nad lastly... FITS FITS FITS FITS FITS!!!! you could wash your face with these pipes, that's how freakin' clean they are.

dude... i don't know WHY all you guys are jumpin' on him about showing us what can happen if you buy from these guys. seriously.... if they're gonna put stuff like that out there, they need this kick in the pants.

what makes a real good shop, a real good vendor. someone that takes the time nad the effort to make sure that things are right. this thing is not right even by nuclear fall out mutant standards.

you cannot put something out like that. it's just wrong. and if they didn't know about it... there's no excuse for that, they MAKE it, i can see maybe z1 or gruppe s sending out something that they don't make... and having the chance to make right on it cuz maybe hte piece was damaged before opening etc. but these guys make it!!!!

i don't cut br any slack for making things that don't fit... altho some of you do :\.
I agree with every part of this, including the peice of mind of going with Nisei intercooler and pipe kit - call kevin @ nisei hes one of the most sincere guys i have ever talked to.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Funny thing is, as soon as I saw the first picture I knew what product this was. My friend bought one recently, and although the bead on the turbo side wasn't welded all to he!! like this one it still looked pretty bad.

Has this company ever seen a piece from AMS, RMR, or Buschur?? Also, why would they ever use steel instead of aluminum.

EVOlutionary
well using stainless steel like the buschur kit would not be bad, there have been claims of aluminium deforming from over-tightening t-bolt clamps-but stainless weighs about twice as much and you really need to overtighten aluminium pretty bad to deform it..
But they (fighters garage) uses mild steel, which will rust pretty fast- id stay farway at the simple fact of the material
Old Mar 18, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, perfect example of why I got the AMS LICP. It might cost a little more, but it's aluminum and the workmanship is excellent!

l8r)
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

That's redicolous, how can they even ship something like that out looking like that ....Yet another reason im going with the AMS kit..
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I have never received any products like that from fighters. It is obviously a mistake and you should have talked to the vendor before coming on here and slandering him.

I always get good service at his shop and he is more willing to deal with my "pickyness" as a consumer than anyone I have met.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

There's something else going on here... That cannot be for real.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Agent-Smith
I have never received any products like that from fighters. It is obviously a mistake and you should have talked to the vendor before coming on here and slandering him.

I always get good service at his shop and he is more willing to deal with my "pickyness" as a consumer than anyone I have met.
He's entitled to do whatever he wants. They honestly do not deserve a second chance to correct the problem. Between false advertisement and just stupid ugly LICP kit.

If it was something stupid like they forgot a piece of the kit, or no clamps, or something to that sort that is a mistaken that anyone could make; i could understand that. But this? Were they bored at work that day or something?
"Hey guys come look at this thing! I bet this guy is gonna **** his pants when he opens up this thing! HAHA!"
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It's an LICP from Fighter's Garage. Yes, it is very helpful to all USDM Evo's. I do not believe this is normal for FG, so I think they'd gladly replace it in a heartbeat. Carlos, my buddy MadMsheen (EvoMR.net) has that exact LICP on his MR, but it looked nothing like that. I think you got one that got caught up in a nuclear fallout zone.
+1

Carlos, my LICP is also from Fighters Garage and it didn't look like the one you received. Fitment was trouble-free...no leaks so far...

Contact them, you should get a refund. I wonder why did they send you such a POS
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

k&n typhoon

Quick Reply: The worst part I ever purchased for my Evos