Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

The worst part I ever purchased for my Evos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2006 | 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ashton13
Looks like those parts were made for a civic...
what's ironic is that 90% of civic parts are prolly better than that.
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 08:17 AM

crazy
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

I called Nisei the other day to ask about their lower $225.

Should have bought the Nisei.
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 09:26 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOSlayer
I called Nisei the other day to ask about their lower $225.

Should have bought the Nisei.
They sell the lower intercooler piping seperately for $225? I thought they only sold their entire intercooler piping (lower and upper) in conjunction at a higher price.
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rnm
They sell the lower intercooler piping seperately for $225? I thought they only sold their entire intercooler piping (lower and upper) in conjunction at a higher price.

Now thats more like it...
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Agent-Smith
I have never received any products like that from fighters. It is obviously a mistake and you should have talked to the vendor before coming on here and slandering him.

I always get good service at his shop and he is more willing to deal with my "pickyness" as a consumer than anyone I have met.
Just a couple of things. You say you receive a good customer service and that they deal with your pickiness right?

Could you tell the forum what kind of parts have you bought from them?, you make it sound like you deal with them a lot and all that when in reality you probably have one single mod in your car from them because they really don't make many parts for our cars anyway.

Back to the subject, You can't blame on me directly because I have deleted the name of the vendor minutes after I posted it so you can't be telling me that I am slandering them, please prove me wrong before you make false official statements.

Back to the issue of the X vendor, just for the record , I haven't even received a invoice.

My best friend Sergio(Evofunk) got his lower intercooler pipes from the same vendor and he got stickers, invoice and even a license plate frame.

My situation is very different, my shipment was bad from day one, no invoice, bad part, no hardware,false advertizing, wrong size of piping, etc, etc.

Like I said man, it is not just one little detail, it is everything wrong. Last but not least, remember, please let us know about that "great"customer service you got when you deal with them , I am very curious to know whats PARTS(plural) you bougt from them .

These are your mods:

Greddy Profec II Spec-S (screw greddy service)
Buschur 3" TB w/testpipe
XEDE
Fighters Garage Lower IC Pipe
HKS 280 Cams
Walbro
TT Tune
TRE Rebuild (Comming soon)
Ralliart LSD (Comming soon)
Exedy Cluth (Sold! )
Tilton Cermattalic (on order!yay!)
Rally Armor MudFlaps

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Mar 19, 2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOfunk
+1

Carlos, my LICP is also from Fighters Garage and it didn't look like the one you received. Fitment was trouble-free...no leaks so far...

Contact them, you should get a refund. I wonder why did they send you such a POS
I know Sergio, I am the one that recommend you to buy one from them. I also ordered one for my Evo MR but they were back ordered and I neded buying the AMS

Carlos
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Don't be such knob ... you know Megan doesn't even offer LICPs... and they damn sure wouldn't use mind steel if they did! However, many don't know that, and rumors get started in this fashion.

I'd be willing to bet an employee was on his way out the door or the like. NO ONE ships something like that unless they INTEND to hurt either the manufacturer, or to purposly screw with the customer (yes I've seen a certain turbo "re-manufacturer" act in that manner).
+1

i guess somebody wanted to go out with a bang and decided to mess things up.i have their pipe also and it doesnt even looks close to that
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
No. I'm not a lawyer but my advice comes from personal experience a few years back when i made a huge fuss about a garbage product i bought from a performance shop and how incredibly horrible their customer service was. I received a nice letter from an attorney and was threatened with a lawsuit. And yes, he was within his rights and after i fought back and proved i was 100% factual.... it was dropped.

I'm only looking out for people who go off half cocked like I did years ago. I still think shoddy venders are scum.
I am not worry about any lawsuit, my employer offers me legal service for free 24 hours 7 days a week and they also provide me time to go to court getting pay while I go to court. My employer has waived me multiple time restocking fees from vendors that sent me the wrong stuff and ultimately my employer can , Could and have banned business in the past.

The last time I had a issue with a vendor my employer took care of him veru fast. I bought a PWR intercooler for my WRX from a local shop in Tucson(Apexmotorsports).
The moment I received I went to the shop where I bought it and told the salesman that the intercooler that I just bought was not the size advertized on the website. The shop owner say couldn't help me much.
I contacted my legal office and I had the judge advocate calling the manufacturer inmediately. The manufacturer waived the restocking fee and return the full amount.

Same thing happened to me with a merchandise from majestic turbos

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Mar 19, 2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

looks like trash its almost unreal a company would send you that junk
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
No. I'm not a lawyer but my advice comes from personal experience a few years back when i made a huge fuss about a garbage product i bought from a performance shop and how incredibly horrible their customer service was. I received a nice letter from an attorney and was threatened with a lawsuit. And yes, he was within his rights and after i fought back and proved i was 100% factual.... it was dropped.

I'm only looking out for people who go off half cocked like I did years ago. I still think shoddy venders are scum.
Andrew,

Have you seen their website?, they advertize a 2.25" piping, in reality the piping diameter is 2.0 and the stock is 2.2" bro, I call that flase advertizing!!

I should not be the one worry, they should. Perhaps they should be worry about a mass lawsuit from hundreds of Evo members receiving a part that is not to the standards as advertized.

Carlos
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Seriously, I watched "The Hills Have Eyes" tonight, and that LICP reminds me of the deformed nuclear fallout crackmonkeys from the movie - disgusting.
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I bought the Neisi FMIC/Piping/Small battery and it makes that LICP look like a paper towel roll...that fell in the disposal

Send it back, get your $ back, and buy Neisi
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 02:50 PM

Wow, this is a bit much.

I saw the pictures and I must say it's obvious that you were not sent a finished piece. That slip up was on my end and I sincerely apologize. I have never sent out a piece like that and all of them have been like the pic on the website. Again, my fault. One of those slips ups that has obviously cost me because now the entire Evo community thinks Fighters sends out unfinished crap.

Also, there was no invoice because I forgot that you paid via CC. Most customers simply pay via Paypal because of its ease of use and that method gives them an automatic receipt. I just forgot and assumed you had one via Paypal. I can fax/email one over no problem.

However, it is rather hard to fix a problem when the customer never calls me to say they got an unfinished part. If you received it and said "wow, this is clearly not what I ordered." and had a problem with it. Hey, that's fine. I could have voided the transaction and refunded you, I would pay for you to ship it back to me and then some. I have no problem doing that.

Yes, the part was unfinished and completely my fault, but it would have been nice to be notified of the problem so I could at least try to make it up to you. If I could then not do anything to help the situation, I think you would have every right to complain, but you never gave me the chance to try. However, it is hard to rectify a situation when the customer never calls you.

Fighters is a small shop so I pride myself in customer service because it is one of the few things that seperates a business these days. So, believe me, I would do whatever you need to fix the situation. However, I need you to at least give the shop a call and give me your opinion so I can have a chance to fix everything for you.

For the record, it is 2.25" because I just checked with a digital caliper, so the website is correct. I doubt that matters at this point bc the Fighters name has been drug through the mud, but again, call the shop t'row and I will do whatever it takes for you to be happy, even if that means a full refund and you send the pipe back and I comp you for it.
Old Mar 19, 2006 | 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Wish more vendors had the ***** to actually address customers concerns like whoever posted for Fighters, good stuff! It seems lot's of peoples problems with vendors comes from a lack of communication more than anything.

Scorke

Quick Reply: The worst part I ever purchased for my Evos