Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

The worst part I ever purchased for my Evos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm, doesn't look like Fighter's Garage is out there to screw Evo owners..

It was pretty impatient of the thread starter to take his efforts to b*tch on EvoM rather than trying to work with customer service.

But that intercooler piping looks like it went through the garbage disposal... Hope everything gets resolved!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
well said fighter...
...carlos...your move.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FightersGarage
Wow, this is a bit much.

I saw the pictures and I must say it's obvious that you were not sent a finished piece. That slip up was on my end and I sincerely apologize. I have never sent out a piece like that and all of them have been like the pic on the website. Again, my fault. One of those slips ups that has obviously cost me because now the entire Evo community thinks Fighters sends out unfinished crap.

Also, there was no invoice because I forgot that you paid via CC. Most customers simply pay via Paypal because of its ease of use and that method gives them an automatic receipt. I just forgot and assumed you had one via Paypal. I can fax/email one over no problem.

However, it is rather hard to fix a problem when the customer never calls me to say they got an unfinished part. If you received it and said "wow, this is clearly not what I ordered." and had a problem with it. Hey, that's fine. I could have voided the transaction and refunded you, I would pay for you to ship it back to me and then some. I have no problem doing that.

Yes, the part was unfinished and completely my fault, but it would have been nice to be notified of the problem so I could at least try to make it up to you. If I could then not do anything to help the situation, I think you would have every right to complain, but you never gave me the chance to try. However, it is hard to rectify a situation when the customer never calls you.

Fighters is a small shop so I pride myself in customer service because it is one of the few things that seperates a business these days. So, believe me, I would do whatever you need to fix the situation. However, I need you to at least give the shop a call and give me your opinion so I can have a chance to fix everything for you.

For the record, it is 2.25" because I just checked with a digital caliper, so the website is correct. I doubt that matters at this point bc the Fighters name has been drug through the mud, but again, call the shop t'row and I will do whatever it takes for you to be happy, even if that means a full refund and you send the pipe back and I comp you for it.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fighters Garage,

I recommended you to a few of your customers in the past, in fact, I ordered a LICP for my car myself then I cancell the order before you shipped. Then I want it to ordered again but you ran out of LICP.

Be aware I never release your vendors name. On the other note I appreciate you coming forward and addressing this issue publicly, I give you a lot of credit for that.

You and some people said that I should give you a call and address this issue.. we were going to address it on Monday. As far as I know(please prove me wrong), I haven't released your vendors name on this forum, please showed me if I did.

All that I did was to post some pictures of the product. Despite all this storm of negativity comments, I will give you a fair chance, please take my LICP and send me a new onewith better finish, I still support your products however keep in mind you guys drop the ball on me on this one.

People on this forum should accept the vendors willingness to fix the issue. I will still purchase the item from you no matter what. My best friend Evofunk has your LICP and he says is wonderful, remember, I recommend this pipe to him.

For the rest of the people, you just heard from Figthers-garage, he admited it was a mistake, I will still support his product. I don't want a refund, just send me a good pipe and we will be OK.

Please, please double check the fitmet of the LICP, invoice,hardware and all that. Thanks so much for standing behind your customer service and please don't forget that I did not release your vendors name.

Before I finished, I am very curious to find out how the welder guy put that pipe together?

Thanks!!

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Mar 19, 2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

I feel like gouging my eyes out in horror . Hope they correct the situation and I am sure they wont let this happen to anyone else!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Before I finished, , I am very curious to find out how the welder guy put that pipe together?

Thanks!!

Carlos[/QUOTE]

i'm curious too...looks like left handed welding

cheers to carlos for sticking through it ...u should have called though and not given hints so the vendors name could have been found out and released...
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

However, it is rather hard to fix a problem when the customer never calls me to say they got an unfinished part. If you received it and said "wow, this is clearly not what I ordered." and had a problem with it.
Exactly what I said. The person who started this whole thing should have called the shop IMMEDIATELY after opening up the box and seeing what was inside. ****, if you go to a restaraunt and order something and they bring it out looking like it's been through a world war, cold, and comletely not what you wanted or expected do you eat it anyway then ***** later? no, you tell the waiter or get the manager and have it taken care of.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bobaab
Hm, doesn't look like Fighter's Garage is out there to screw Evo owners..

It was pretty impatient of the thread starter to take his efforts to b*tch on EvoM rather than trying to work with customer service.

But that intercooler piping looks like it went through the garbage disposal... Hope everything gets resolved!
I never released the vendors name... moreover I was going to call them anyway so no justification to blame me on that one. I just posted some pics of X LICP and display no Vendors name

Carlos
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoEuphoria
Exactly what I said. The person who started this whole thing should have called the shop IMMEDIATELY after opening up the box and seeing what was inside. ****, if you go to a restaraunt and order something and they bring it out looking like it's been through a world war, cold, and comletely not what you wanted or expected do you eat it anyway then ***** later? no, you tell the waiter or get the manager and have it taken care of.
We were going to call on Monday. Again, I never released his vendors name, I limited to post the pics.

Carlos
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
Before I finished, , I am very curious to find out how the welder guy put that pipe together?

Thanks!!

Carlos
i'm curious too...looks like left handed welding

cheers to carlos for sticking through it ...u should have called though and not given hints so the vendors name could have been found out and released...[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, I hope they heard from me in a positive way. I still support his product whenever I get it back.

Carlos
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
When people have a problem with a Vendor, they NEED to talk with the vendor before they make a post about it (even if they don't say the vendors name). Carlos, I know your a good guy (from what I've read on this site), but you should have waited. You jumped the gun and even though you never typed "Fighters Garage", you said look at post #52, which very clearly said it was "Fighters Garage"

This **** happens every week, someone has a problem and doesn't talk to the vendor first. The MODs need to add to the rules, that if you have a problem with a vendor, you need to take it up with them first.

I believe if you have a problem with a vendor and talk with them first and try to work it out and it doesn't get worked out, you have a 100% right to come on this site and bash them, for the sake of the EVO community.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
When people have a problem with a Vendor, they NEED to talk with the vendor before they make a post about it (even if they don't say the vendors name). Carlos, I know your a good guy (from what I've read on this site), but you should have waited. You jumped the gun and even though you never typed "Fighters Garage", you said look at post #52, which very clearly said it was "Fighters Garage"

This **** happens every week, someone has a problem and doesn't talk to the vendor first. The MODs need to add to the rules, that if you have a problem with a vendor, you need to take it up with them first.

I believe if you have a problem with a vendor and talk with them first and try to work it out and it doesn't get worked out, you have a 100% right to come on this site and bash them, for the sake of the EVO community.
bull****, crappy vendors like this need to be exploited, i think its good he's warning the rest of us. and what makes you think he didnt try contacting them? i've had plenty of problems with a certain vendor and some of you might remember my threads about them. they still havent sent me the item i purchased and still i feel like their giving me the run around. if the vendor who he speaks of didnt come up in this thread to try and rectify the problem obvisously they know they are wrong.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:12 PM

Just to let everyone know, the LICP was for my evo 9. Carlos in fact highly recommended fighters garage's product to me. At first I wasn't too sure since I had not heard of them. He also told me that his best friend, Sergio (Evofunk), had that same pipe. I decided to go ahead and order it from them.

I got this package late of Friday, too late to call the shop. At first when I got the package I was horrified by it, but thought that the postal office did a crappy job handling the package.

When I opened it and saw the pipe itself, I had no words for it. The first thing that came to my mind was: "This has to be a mistake". I waited until Carlos got home to see it. He was outerly in shock, specially since he had recommended them to me. I was extremely upset, and it was a good thing he took over the matter, because if he would have left it up to me, trust me, it would have gotten ugly.

He wanted to install it that same night. We took the tools out and were ready to start taking the car apart, but the more we look at the pipe, the less we thought it was remotely going to fit.

Anyways, we never mentioned who the vendor was, nor did we want to bash their business nor products. We will take care of this matter and give the vendor the benefit of the doubt and take a replacement LICP for my car.

Sometimes, and I know that everyone at some point has done it, you need to vent about something that you bought and thought was a great product and were waiting to install such part. I was hoping to get it and have it install before this weekend as I wanted to participate in the NOPI event on the chick category. I still could have done it, but I wanted everything to be "perfect", and try out all the new things I have done and install in my car.

Fighters garage: I will send this product back and take a replacement. I apologize things had to come to this point, but you have to understand how I feel. Just put the shoe on the other foot!!!!

Socorro

Last edited by EVO9GRL; Mar 19, 2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Since Fighters Garage made a mistake and is going to rectify it, I think it would be nice to Edit the first post to let everyone now what happened and that it is being fixed. Some people will never finish the thread and see Fighters Garage response. People are eager to jump on the bandwagon and make distasteful comments when the situation has been handeled. Things happen and do not always turn out correctly; it sucks that this happened to you but stuff happens. Again fromWRXtoEVO, if you are pleased about the way the situation is being handeled please edit the first post so a vendors reputation is not ruined because of a mistake. And as always let us know the end result.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Evo Kid,

No problem. I have a lot of hope that I will give good positive feedback to the same vendor in the very near future. Everyone read his response and my response.

I already had good feedback about them before I purchased his product. I am positive that the vendor will give us a much better quiality product in the future and there is no reason to question that, lets just give him some time to correct his mistake.

I am happy with his willingnes to fix the issue, unfortunately this hhapen over the weekend and people also leak the name of the vendor but it is all good, it is very clear that neither I want to hurt the vendors sales nor the vendor intended to send out such quality part.

Carlos

Quick Reply: The worst part I ever purchased for my Evos