Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ix flash #'s

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ix flash #'s

Just got my flash today from turbotrix,

baseline w/o tune, mods are the following, [tanabe concept G blue TBE [catless], hallman boost controller, k&n drop in, hallman mbc]

285 WHP
264 Torque

after tune,

322 WHP
302 Torque

this is at 23 lbs tapering down to 20 or so, i think.
This was on a dynojet, so the car probably isn't even hitting those numbers. Oh well, my evo isn't as fast as other ix's -.- im depressed. hahaha

Personally, i'm a bit dissapointed, i think my expectations were too high. I was looking to get to 350 whp with just those mods and my tune, I thought I read it somewhere on the forum where the ix's were putting out that range consistantly. Also I really don't "feel" much of a difference, I guess ill just have to go run my friends sti or m3 again .

what are other ix' owners putting down?? Thank you!

Last edited by stikillller; Jun 15, 2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:20 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Sounds similar to what my buddy put down with the Warrtalon Stage 1 package at 22lbs, 320whp/297wtq. I personally put down 300whp/310wtq with a flash, mbc, and test pipe.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have a down pipe ????

That made a big differance on my car...
Old May 18, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

if you think about it, you haven't really done much modifications. flash, tbe and mbc, and you're getting 322 whp. i think that's pretty good and you should at least be satisfied.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

are you sure thats WHP? because that equates to about 390 or close to that at the flywheel. no matter what kinda tune you got even with the evo 9 I doubt it's that much with those mods you listed. correct me if I'm wrong.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by westchester evo
Do you have a down pipe ????

That made a big differance on my car...
yes i have a Dp, Test pipe, and cat = TBE

and i dunno, i mean i just saw other ix's putting down more with the same mods, that is the only reason im a bit dissapointed.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrMejia
are you sure thats WHP? because that equates to about 390 or close to that at the flywheel. no matter what kinda tune you got even with the evo 9 I doubt it's that much with those mods you listed. correct me if I'm wrong.
i will post a picture of my dynosheet when i get home

aren't the numbers on the dyno sheet WHP and WT????
Old May 18, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

What type of flash are you guys getting? I'm new to the Evo world (I just bought my IX MR about 4 weeks ago) and I'm looking for some sort of ECU flash or engine management.

I've got an STi too with Cobb Accessport but from what I've seen nobody offers a system like that for the Evo. That's too bad since it is a great system. Is there anyone that offers a flash without having to remove the ECU and mailing it somewhere? I've got a laptop and I'd like to be able to just store the stock map in there and then load the upgraded map via the OBD II port.

Do you guys know of a system like that for Evo's?

Anyway, my understanding is that the IX will get about 330 whp with those mods so you aren't too far off. That's excellent compared to the STi which requires a full TBE plus a Protune on a dyno to get 300-310 whp. After that you have to swap turbos and move the intercooler from a top mount to a front mount to net any serious power increases.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stikillller
yes i have a Dp, Test pipe, and cat = TBE

and i dunno, i mean i just saw other ix's putting down more with the same mods, that is the only reason im a bit dissapointed.

What grade gas were you using? Do you know what grade the other guys were using? If they were tuning for higher octane gas or if you were on 91 octane then you will see a big difference in numbers.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

I'm pretty sure Philly and most all east coast cities use 93 octane.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

93 octane and it was a EcuTek flash. The others making a bit more hp and torque were using the same octane if my memory serves me correctly.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Max-Q
What type of flash are you guys getting? I'm new to the Evo world (I just bought my IX MR about 4 weeks ago) and I'm looking for some sort of ECU flash or engine management.

I've got an STi too with Cobb Accessport but from what I've seen nobody offers a system like that for the Evo. That's too bad since it is a great system. Is there anyone that offers a flash without having to remove the ECU and mailing it somewhere? I've got a laptop and I'd like to be able to just store the stock map in there and then load the upgraded map via the OBD II port.

Anyway, my understanding is that the IX will get about 330 whp with those mods so you aren't too far off. That's excellent compared to the STi which requires a full TBE plus a Protune on a dyno to get 300-310 whp. After that you have to swap turbos and move the intercooler from a top mount to a front mount to net any serious power increases.
Look in the ecuflash section of the website it yet doesnt work on 9's but its being worked on
Old May 18, 2006, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

EVO 4 LIFE
Old May 18, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Max-Q

www.vishnutuning.com look at the xede, its more money than a flash, but imo its worth it, especially if you didnt like the idea of removing the ECU
Old May 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Silver05Bullet
Look in the ecuflash section of the website it yet doesnt work on 9's but its being worked on
what do you mean it doesn't work on the ix's??

Quick Reply: Ix flash #'s