Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Dyno Flash by Al.... A++++

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006, 08:49 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo racing
still waiting on dynoflash about my MBC... still no word. I think i might try the Works P2 flash... cuz i might not get my ECU back if i flash it at dynoflash
please send me a PM with your name, address and email.

I ship MBC's USPS Priority mail and I have had a few that either dont show up or in two cases were returned becuase no one signed for them

I have plenty in stock
Old May 18, 2006, 08:49 PM
Former Sponsor

It might be unlikely but still possible.. on stock 03 (9.8) turbo on 22psi 93pump I made 355whp/380 tq.. this was more than 2 years ago...
Old May 18, 2006, 08:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It's still very unlikely that he hit 390wtq with 340whp on 93oct. That makes no sense, because it would require running about 29-30psi. You can't hit 390wtq on 22psi with the stock turbo.

Skilmatic, what do you mean "do you need mods?" You do have mods, and flashes on IXs make HUGE power. What hose are you talking about? That is only for people who don't use an MBC.

Evo racing, what are you talking about? No need to roll your eyes and make up something like that. Al ships back ECUs immediately and does so overnight. That's his primary business. MBCs, BOVs, and other parts he makes almost no money and just does them to make sure his customers have the best parts, but they come secondary to flashing. Also, you have the option of having your base flashes emailed to you instead of mailing your ECU. No need to go pay triple the cost for a Works P2...
In this customer's case as I was playing with the MBC and monitoring knock I did one pull with his pump gas map at 26 psi and falling to 20 psi at red line

His car was very powerful it seemed as if the 280 cams helped out significantly in avoidig detonation as his car was almost totally knock free

I would not try that on the street and I would not suggest that any customer run the boost that high on pump gas - I suggest 21 psi peak and in the case of this car 22 psi peak is prob very safe

When monitoring the car carefully in a controlled situation on the dyno you can push things a bit further

Interestingly, his peak WHP number was nearly the same at 21 psi peak as it was at 26

Only the TQ was increased with more boost

This is due to the fact that the small turbo can only make so much power with X amount of timing at a specific a/f

A good thing about this car is he can simply pour in race gas anytime, crank the boost as high as it will go and terrorize the track !

On a side note - the 280 cams were idling very well on this car

Last edited by DynoFlash; May 18, 2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old May 18, 2006, 08:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sairaag
Let me start off by saying Al kicks ***. he tuned my car today and the only problem was we had to change the MBC Hallman Spring I hit 390 Torque and 340 HP on my 03 Evo at 22 psi. Car runs perfect and feels really GOOD. mods on my car are HKS 280, busch intake and filter, xs ic, greddy bov, megan tbe, dp, and testpipe. So not bad at all to hit 340 on does little mods. Over all I am very happy and Al did an awesome job.

Thank You PRUVEN and DYNOFLASH.
Thank you for the favoroable review
Old May 18, 2006, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Delete!

Last edited by Andrew LB; May 18, 2006 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Problem solved. No need to keep the post.
Old May 18, 2006, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to jack the thread but can someone point out Al's thread about getting the new Tactric (sp) cable and how it all works.
Old May 18, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's still very unlikely that he hit 390wtq with 340whp on 93oct. That makes no sense, because it would require running about 29-30psi. You can't hit 390wtq on 22psi with the stock turbo.

Skilmatic, what do you mean "do you need mods?" You do have mods, and flashes on IXs make HUGE power. What hose are you talking about? That is only for people who don't use an MBC.

Evo racing, what are you talking about? No need to roll your eyes and make up something like that. Al ships back ECUs immediately and does so overnight. That's his primary business. MBCs, BOVs, and other parts he makes almost no money and just does them to make sure his customers have the best parts, but they come secondary to flashing. Also, you have the option of having your base flashes emailed to you instead of mailing your ECU. No need to go pay triple the cost for a Works P2...
Well the only thing I got was a TBE I thought you knew that. I am running NO mbc. And I have talked to a few people that have met up with al to do flashes and they told me he installed some hose or something on their car. And they asked if I had that and I said no because he didnt instal anything on mine. Then I tried to find out what hose it was and where did it go and they didint know they just told me he installed some hose.

Then there was a guy who I talked to that said I need a mbc and up the boost to feel any difference on the flash. Thats why i ahd asked if I needed any mods or if I needed to install the forge mbc. I already have one I just havent installed it yet.
Old May 18, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nefblkevo
Sorry to jack the thread but can someone point out Al's thread about getting the new Tactric (sp) cable and how it all works.
Hmm maybe thats the hose the people were talking about? Whats that?
Old May 18, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

man i cant wait, im sending in my ECU on monday for al to flash. installing my last mod (fuel pump) before flash this weekend...
Old May 18, 2006, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Well the only thing I got was a TBE I thought you knew that. I am running NO mbc. And I have talked to a few people that have met up with al to do flashes and they told me he installed some hose or something on their car. And they asked if I had that and I said no because he didnt instal anything on mine. Then I tried to find out what hose it was and where did it go and they didint know they just told me he installed some hose.

Then there was a guy who I talked to that said I need a mbc and up the boost to feel any difference on the flash. Thats why i ahd asked if I needed any mods or if I needed to install the forge mbc. I already have one I just havent installed it yet.
No, I thought you got the Warrtalon package. Why did you only install an exhaust before the flash? Why didn't you already install the MBC before the flash? That's confusing.

Anyway, no, a flash on a IX even with NO mods will be fast as living hell. With an exhaust, the flash holds the boost fine around 20-21psi, so an MBC is not necessary. I just prefer one and prefer to run the boost a little higher than what the flash gives. The hose you're talking about is the V4 boost hose that can get installed in addition to the flash. It is a boost hose modification to give a higher boost level, but I don't think he's been doing it, since without it, the boost works well, too.

The thing nefblkevo is talking about is EcuFlash, which is not the same thing as the boost hose mod.

Nefblkevo, go to the EcuFlash forum and read Al's post.
Old May 18, 2006, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to post something like that...i was just concerned since i had no feedback for almost a week... i will delete my previous post... AL has notified me already, thanks
Old May 18, 2006, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

No, I thought you got the Warrtalon package. Why did you only install an exhaust before the flash? Why didn't you already install the MBC before the flash? That's confusing.

Anyway, no, a flash on a IX even with NO mods will be fast as living hell. With an exhaust, the flash holds the boost fine around 20-21psi, so an MBC is not necessary. I just prefer one and prefer to run the boost a little higher than what the flash gives. The hose you're talking about is the V4 boost hose that can get installed in addition to the flash. It is a boost hose modification to give a higher boost level, but I don't think he's been doing it, since without it, the boost works well, too.

The thing nefblkevo is talking about is EcuFlash, which is not the same thing as the boost hose mod.

Nefblkevo, go to the EcuFlash forum and read Al's post.
Well first off I did get your WT package and I got a bunch of other stuff too from Buschur. I basically gave David the order and he had his guys do the rest.

The reason why I only have the exhaust on is because thats all I had time for at the moment. I ma installing this stuff myself and because of that I can only do installations on my time off from school and work. I am planning on installing the walbro and mbc and gauges this weekend. Then the rest of the stuff maybe next weekend.

However, I wonder how come peopel have been telling me(evo 9 people) that when originally al flashed their car they didnt notice a difference then after he installed a boost hose they noticed a world of difference? The guy that told me this is RobDogg he is on this forum and lives in SD.

I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to be conducive to the flash cause I feel like I waisted 200bucks.

Please help!
Old May 19, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
However, I wonder how come peopel have been telling me(evo 9 people) that when originally al flashed their car they didnt notice a difference then after he installed a boost hose they noticed a world of difference? The guy that told me this is RobDogg he is on this forum and lives in SD.

I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to be conducive to the flash cause I feel like I waisted 200bucks.
Come on, man, you keep referring to these random "people," but I have no idea why. There aren't people out there who got a flash and felt no gain...then added a boost hose. That makes no sense and is 100% untrue. RobDogg doesn't really know what he's talking about, so don't use that as proper feedback. What you just wrote makes absolutely no sense, so you're probably getting what he said confused, and he probably is confused. There is no boost hose mod done AFTER a flash. It is done along with the flash, but it doesn't matter. Don't you have a boost gauge? You can see your boost. If it's abnormally low, then something is wrong, and that's why the car is slow. If it's normal around 20-21psi, then you're just fretting over nothing.

Have you been to the track or dyno since the flash? It would be EXTREMELY rare that everyone else is getting HUGE gains with that same flash but you got nothing. No way did you waste $200. That flash has been proven time and time again at the track running low 12s. Also, if you got flashed for a certain set of mods and haven't installed them, then that is a very bad idea. If you were flashed just for the exhaust and are going to add the fuel pump and other mods, that is also a bad idea - it must be retuned.
Old May 19, 2006, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

Come on, man, you keep referring to these random "people," but I have no idea why. There aren't people out there who got a flash and felt no gain...then added a boost hose. That makes no sense and is 100% untrue. RobDogg doesn't really know what he's talking about, so don't use that as proper feedback. What you just wrote makes absolutely no sense, so you're probably getting what he said confused, and he probably is confused. There is no boost hose mod done AFTER a flash. It is done along with the flash, but it doesn't matter. Don't you have a boost gauge? You can see your boost. If it's abnormally low, then something is wrong, and that's why the car is slow. If it's normal around 20-21psi, then you're just fretting over nothing.

Have you been to the track or dyno since the flash? It would be EXTREMELY rare that everyone else is getting HUGE gains with that same flash but you got nothing. No way did you waste $200. That flash has been proven time and time again at the track running low 12s. Also, if you got flashed for a certain set of mods and haven't installed them, then that is a very bad idea. If you were flashed just for the exhaust and are going to add the fuel pump and other mods, that is also a bad idea - it must be retuned.
Dude, I got a BASE flash I repeat a BASE flash. Al told me I would have a 25-30whp gain on just the base flash with my car as is! Well 25-30whp gain is a very noticeable gain in the driver seat. Trust me I know because I DEFINITELY felt the gain after I put my TBE on. I have NOT taken the car to a track or dyno yet but that shouldn;t matter because a 25-30whp should be noticeable. I am taking it to the track this saturday and will be telling you my track times. My et's before the flash like I said before have been consistent 8.0-8.2 in the 1/8 of course.

Again, I am talking to who I know that got the flash with the evo 9. Al also told me that this was the first time he flashed a H1 ecu. He usually tunes the other ecu's. I dont know if that makes any difference, but it usually takes him less than 10minutes to do a flash(thats what he told me) on mine it took nearly double that.

I dont have the mr. Therefore I have no gauges(well not yet installed anyway).

Again I didnt get flashed for any certain mods. Just the BASE flash. I know that would be retarded to get flashed for certain mods when I am going to add things anyway.

Again, I am telling you the TRUTH! I dont feel any power gain at ALL and you should understand that a 25-30whp gain(and thats what he told me) should be a very noticeable difference. Again boost is stock boost obviously with no mbc and pump gas.

Anymore useful advice? Or are you going to just say everything I said was BS again and to just see what happens at the track?

Look, RobDogg told me he originally got a base flash and he said that he didnt feel a noticeable difference either until he met up with him in LA for a custom flash and when he met up with him there is when he installed that boost hose thingy and thats when he really felt a huge difference. This is why I INQUIRED ABOUT THE HOSE.
Old May 19, 2006, 03:20 AM
Evolving Member

Wow I just woke up and I see my post became a war zone hehehe. Either way Al is a good man and I am happy with my tune. Hope everyone else gets there problem solved.

Quick Reply: Dyno Flash by Al.... A++++