Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Beware The Greddy Rs!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
dvsevo8,

If you want to talk spring rates and how a diverter valve works please read this first.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24611
now you are way

no, i do not want to talk spring rates and how a diverter valve works... i recall your first post talking about the usage of meth and a "faulty diaphram":

"I liked the valve a lot as there is very little flutter and it holds well even at 28 PSI. Do not run this valve if you are using methanol!!!! Greddy gives you no warrantee when the diaphragm turns to dust and it will in short order. There tech support guys claim they never heard of the problem and have no plans to do anything about it. A new diaphragm is over $80 plus shipping for a part that will just fail again in a few thousand miles."

you liked the bov even though complain about "little flutter" and you just answered your own thread with the attached link (plus silver surfer's research never went above 20psi). so why did you buy the greddy rs knowing what you read in silver surfer's thread?

then you scream out "do not run this valve if you are using methanol!!!! Greddy gives you no warranty when the diaphram turns to dust..." this tells me two things... 1-that you admitted to greddy using meth and greddy assumed you injected the meth before the bov and intake manifold. now what makes you think that ANY bov manufacturer will warranty thier product if you told them you was running meth? my point is, would you expect the same reply if you was running nitrous? 2-you say that you injected the meth after the bov... how would the meth take affect on the diaphram and bov then? air pressure flowing thru the upper intercooler piping goes only in one direction my friend...

now if you just went ahead and told greddy that you didnt like thier product, im sure they would have told you to return it with a valid purchase reciept and refunded your $ with no questions asked. im positive thier r&d team would have taken apart your bov to find a faulty cause and make the adjustments necessary.

I am man enuff to admit when i made a mistake and im man enuff to admit im not a qualified mechanic... are you a qualified mechanic to find out the EXACT CAUSE of the bov problem? prove me wrong... send the bov back to greddy... see what they have to say... wait a second... you just proved you voided thier warranty by opening up the bov on your own...

POINT IS... YOU PAY TO PLAY... HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS DONT LAST FOREVER... EVEN IF THE PARTS ARE NEW...
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Do you work for GReddy?

kimletrim
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (8)

Drives: EVO VIII

May 30, 2006, 12:49 PM #7

The meth has nothing to do with the diaphram going bad. I have seen a number of the RS diaphrams go bad and none of them ever saw methanol.

4G63Rules
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)

May 30, 2006, 04:14 PM #14

I have seen 3 Greddy Type R BOV fail. We have every single one of them at my friends house. We tried the condom fix but it was only temperary. Greddy diaphrams fail alot and I have not seen any case where they were warrantied.

ny-quiL
Personal Sales Rating: (3)

Drives: 03 CT9A

May 30, 2006, 06:59 PM #16

I had a type-s valve and the rubber valve dried up and flaked off on my valve too Maybe the rubber needs to be oiled regularly? I emailed greddy when i found it had happend and they never responded back to me

NTHECRUX
Personal Sales Rating: (5)

Drives: 2003 White EVO VIII

Jun 2, 2006, 08:30 AM #18

My type-s did the same thing without meth.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

dvsevo8,

"2-you say that you injected the meth after the bov... how would the meth take affect on the diaphram and bov then? air pressure flowing thru the upper intercooler piping goes only in one direction my friend... "

I can tell by this statement that you have no clue what all those little hosey and tubey thingys under your hood are or what they do.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 03:05 PM

dvsevo8,

"2-you say that you injected the meth after the bov... how would the meth take affect on the diaphram and bov then? air pressure flowing thru the upper intercooler piping goes only in one direction my friend... "

I can tell by this statement that you have no clue what all those little hosey and tubey thingys under your hood are or what they do.

you making this way too easy for me

see below
Old Jun 8, 2006, 03:15 PM

No I didn't have the valve before the meth, I can only assume the meth caused the failure. Either way there is no replacement from GReddy under warranty, yet there website states this. They don't even want to see my valve.

. ""Warranty You Can Count On
At GReddy we take our image seriously and back our products with a real warranty you can count on. In most cases, after examination of the item we will elect to give you a complete new product as opposed to repairing a defective one. We do this for two reasons, first of all to make you a completely satisfied customer, and secondly and warranty items are fully examined to find the cause of a defect and if necessary make running changes to the product line in the future. This is why GReddy maintains one of the lowest warranty claims percentage in the industry.""

i wont get technical on you cuz obviously you cant remember anything you wrote or cant take the time out to read any of your previous posts... so to recap how air flows thru the turbo/turbine... to the IC... thru the UICP... past the bov... past your meth injection nozzle... to the intake manifold...

do you agree? (yes or no answer here)

now here is where it might get difficult for you to understand... your air flows in one direction as stated above... how does the meth injection affect the bov/diaphram if it was mounted after your bov?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

That diaphragm sucks I was only running 22lbs and the bov was only 1 month old and mine ripped. I to called greddy they wouldn't help me neither so I say f*ck greddy. I sold what parts of theres were on my car and refuse to purchase greddy products again.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 03:38 PM

Question: do i work for greddy?

Answer: no i do not

Question: could i have helped you out?

Answer: maybe... if i felt like it

Question: would greddy or in this case ANY MANUFACTURER have warrantied the bov for you?

Answer: yes, i believe any manufacturer would, upon the following compliances:

-valid parts dealer name you bought the product from
-valid reciept for proof of purchase
-send the product back in the original box to have the manufacturers r&d dept test the product (in case you dont understand... r&d means research and development)

now obviously you have a problem with the above answer becuz you were too smart to tell them you opened up the bov to inspect it yourself *hint* (this causes the warranty to be void)

if you understand the above statement, then you would understand no manufacturer would take back any product knowing the end user exploited the product to see for himself what could cause a problem. *hint* next time just call the manufacturer back, tell them you believe the product you recieved is not functioning properly, you would like to send it back to them so they can verify with thier own expert technicians... not the mechanical engineer you portray to be
Old Jun 8, 2006, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by GootBoost
That diaphragm sucks I was only running 22lbs and the bov was only 1 month old and mine ripped. I to called greddy they wouldn't help me neither so I say f*ck greddy. I sold what parts of theres were on my car and refuse to purchase greddy products again.

since your sig reflects you are a military man... i have friends and family currently serving in the military too... i will answer your post with respect and not disrespect you with profanity as you have just done...

sorry you feel that way about the product, had i known you, i would have helped you get your $ worth for the bov, if you decided to keep it. good luck with your car

sent you a pm

Last edited by dvsevo8; Jun 8, 2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey CFD I've got a RS out in the burbs that I need to get rid of, only a few thousand miles on it. I'm sure we can come to a reasonable price if you're interested. I trimmed one of the internal springs though, so you'd need the ones from the one you have. PM me if you'd like.

Also, I've dealt with greedy before when I had a gauge failure on a brand new gauge. They were anything but helpful. If I buy anything of theirs at this point I just consider it "as is" because I know if I have any problems I'm on my own.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Genius.

Originally Posted by dvsevo8
i wont get technical on you cuz obviously you cant remember anything you wrote or cant take the time out to read any of your previous posts... so to recap how air flows thru the turbo/turbine... to the IC... thru the UICP... past the bov... past your meth injection nozzle... to the intake manifold...

do you agree? (yes or no answer here)

now here is where it might get difficult for you to understand... your air flows in one direction as stated above... how does the meth injection affect the bov/diaphram if it was mounted after your bov?

Now I'll try to make this real easy for you. Take a look at your diverter valve, maybe yours is different than mine but I don't think so. How many hoses do you see attached to it? Where do they go? Are they all upstream from where you would inject methanol?

Please read the posts made by the other members. My valve is not the only one that has turned to crap and none of the others have seen any type of meth injection.

[B]
Old Jun 9, 2006, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Im sorry but GReddy just isnt what it use to be.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

I liked the valve a lot as there is very little flutter and it holds well even at 28 PSI. Do not run this valve if you are using methanol!!!! Greddy gives you no warrantee when the diaphragm turns to dust and it will in short order. There tech support guys claim they never heard of the problem and have no plans to do anything about it. A new diaphragm is over $80 plus shipping for a part that will just fail again in a few thousand miles.
see it hapen to 2 others and purple greddy without meth
Old Jun 12, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Well?

dvsevo8,

Did you figure it out yet? I know all those little hoses and stuff can be confusing. Well???

Last edited by cfdfireman1; Jul 2, 2006 at 07:33 AM. Reason: TTT