Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Thank you Al (Dyno Flash) and Warrtalon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Al (Dyno Flash) and Warrtalon

This is Drew from Sioux City, IA. I want to say thank you for everything you did this weekend and looking at the car, when i got back into Sioux City i filled up with 93 octane, set my boost to peak at 21 and settle at 20 and just the extra stuff Al did with the full tune made a world of difference. And Al I also took your advice about my launching and shifting and you did exactly what i was hoping you would do.... You woke the beast that lives in my Evo 8.
So my Evo 8 and I thank you, Al from Dyno Flash, Warrtalon for your help, and everyone at Revolutions in Colorado Springs.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

tell us what he told you about launching and shifting, im always looking for pointers

yea both of them are great guys +1
Old Jul 10, 2006, 09:19 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks man, can you describe the difference in power between 6,000 plus feet and your eleveation ?

Al
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Al,
When I got back home and I launched it (once), by flooring it and letting it bounce at the rev limiter, letting off the clutch just to let it barely touch, then once it touched and i let off the clutch all the way the car took off like a bat out of hell. I have been practicing shifting faster with my daily driving, every time i shift. I can tell that i am slowly getting faster on my shifting. BUT i want to let you know that it feel like i have a LOT more power between 5000RPM to 7000RPM.
When i was in colorado springs the turbo took so long to spool up, but now that i am back down to 1,000 feet, it spools up completely by 3000RPM. I dont even know if i can explain on paper how much more power I have. I know that the guy that ran the dyno at Revolutions said i would have more power at 1,000 feet But i didnt think it would be this dramatic. I am going ot take the car to the track this next weekend and i will post my time slips and a video. BUT I know i will easily be in the low to mid 11's.
The car feels like it wants to take off like a jet. AMAZING...
Al you are the man!!! if anyone asks who to get there Evo flashed by I am going to tell them "Go to the best, Al at DynoFlash!!!"
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:23 AM

everyone keeps saying how well al does. i may have to look into a dyno flash
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drew, it was fun hanging out and working on your car. Props to you for having done so much pre-flash preparation with your own boost leak test and comrpession test. I found no leaks other than the MBC having a little trouble, but you fixed that right away by getting a Forge from Al. I was so excited on Sunday to hear that yo uhad put down better numbers without the crappy power fall-off before the tune due to all your preparation but then got another 25+whp after the custom tune. You almost put down as much power on pump gas as I do on alky, so your car definitely has the right parts and the right tuning now.

I don't think you meant to say low-to-mid 11s, hehe, but definitely low 12s are imminent.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

warrtalon,
is the forge rs bov suppose to make a squeak noise after the phhhssss noise of the bov releasing the psi??? mine does, just want to make sure mine is normal. it sounds different yet awesome!!!
Old Jul 10, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Does a boost controller affect the flash. I just mailed my in today, and forgot to mention it as a mod.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, you have to mention you have an MBC and the boost you're running as well as the octane you use. Otherwise, the flash is set to control the boost.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know about a squeak - I'd have to hear it. Hashfather said the same thing after we turned his around (it was backwards). I've never heard this squeak or heard OF the squeak, yet now both of you suddenly mention it. I'm beginning to think it's just the blow off noise that sounds normal to me, but is new to you two. I dunno...make a soundclip!
Old Jul 10, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewblueeye
Al,
When I got back home and I launched it (once), by flooring it and letting it bounce at the rev limiter, letting off the clutch just to let it barely touch, then once it touched and i let off the clutch all the way the car took off like a bat out of hell.
Wow, 100% WOT off launch limiter? That must feel great
Old Jul 10, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that is proper - you are supposed to be at full throttle when using launch control...
Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

i can never do it right, I either bog, or she slips all the way to redline.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Warrtalon,

This is how i have mine connected. is this correct?

Last edited by drewblueeye; Dec 14, 2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Yes.

Quick Reply: Thank you Al (Dyno Flash) and Warrtalon