Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

TTP Engineering EcuTek Flash

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Review: TTP Engineering EcuTek Flash

Wow guys, i can't stress how delighted i am. I have been driving everywhere for two days straight!

This tune is amazing, it proved very strong on the butt dyno to say the least. This tune was everything i wanted, and more. This thing pulls so hard and linear ALL THE WAY to redline, i feel no dips in power. The car feels like it's pulling for full boost the whole way up, i can't imagine this thing having any boost taper (though i know it does). I don't know how people get tuned and say they can't notice a difference, because there is a VERY noticable difference in my case; which i didn't really expect after reading all those "i don't feel a difference" posts.

I honestly can't find one thing i'm not happy about with this tune; everything is exactly how i wanted it and how i asked.

-6k launch limiter - perfect
-8k rev limit raised - perfect
-5.5k dip removed - perfect
-Tuned intake - perfect, car runs better then the day i bought it
-21 psi - sure doesn't feel like stock boost

Guys, if you're all the way on the westcoast like myself, and you don't hear much about TTP Engineering, do yourself a favor and check them out, Scott's got his **** together.

Stay tuned for track times, and dyno numbers.

No gauges yet, so look for AFR's and hopefully boost #'s (if i can work something out) following that dyno session.

Edit: Got to do some dataloggin via EvoScan. This tune came out strong and safe, just the way we like 'em. Even though this tune was a mail-in, with an odd mod combo; i show minimal knock counts that could simply be attributed to engine/road noise, as well as no timing being pulled through the entire RPM range. To me this is amazing for a tune done through the mail 3000 miles away, esspecially with my timing and boost optimized as much as it is. Bravo again TTP, keep up the good work .

Last edited by KOEvo; Aug 23, 2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

How much was it, and where did you get it done, I see you are seattle but TTP is in florida I thought?

Scorke
Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

I drove there, got it custom tuned and drove back.

j/k, it was a mail in.

It's EcuTek, so first tune is the required $650 for the licence.

Last edited by KOEvo; Jul 12, 2006 at 08:04 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

^ I have an ecutek, I know, thanks. hehehe. How much was the mail-in?

Scorke
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

... free

I think Scott said mail in flashing on Ecu's w/ existing licences are $250. But wait for the official word from Scott, i could be wrong.

Last edited by KOEvo; Jul 12, 2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Wait so yours was free because you initially got it done there, I am confused....

Scorke
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Wait so yours was free because you initially got it done there, I am confused....

Scorke
It was free because TTP had a customer going back to bone stock and was willing to trade up bone stock ECU for a tuned ECU customized for my mods. Scott tuned this already licensed ECU for free because both customers were repeat clients.

TTP placed an ad up and gave an equal opportunity for anyone to get it ...i was the one to jump on it first.

Last edited by KOEvo; Jul 12, 2006 at 08:39 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice..good to hear. Does TTP also do mail-in flashing for ECUflash? Any idea on price?
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
nice..good to hear. Does TTP also do mail-in flashing for ECUflash? Any idea on price?
Check the website, but im not sure if he does the whole ECUflash thing, are you getting that confused with TechTom? He does do NORMAL TechTom mail-in ECU flashes.

Last edited by KOEvo; Jul 12, 2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
We do all three...

Techtom

EcuTeK

EcuFlash
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Could you take an ecutek'd ecu take the tune that was on it off of it and remanufacturer it with ecuflash on another ecu? I understand it will not be the exact same, but I want to be able to play with my car in it's current state of tune. Pm me if you would prefer.

Scorke
Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:01 AM
Account Disabled

Could you take an ecutek'd ecu take the tune that was on it off of it and remanufacturer it with ecuflash on another ecu? I understand it will not be the exact same, but I want to be able to play with my car in it's current state of tune. Pm me if you would prefer.

Scorke
Its very difficult to do.

Basically the original tuner would need to send the tune with a special code that would allow another tuner to use and open the file with their dongle id.

Basically you cannot read flashes off the ECU and "steal" other tuner's work.

It is much easier to start from scratch IMO.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Basically the original tuner would need to send the tune with a special code that would allow another tuner to use and open the file with their dongle id.
BTW, were you going to do this for me? I know you would rather not, but Florida is a long ways away from me, and as much as i like this tune, i am going to have to get a custom tune when i get alky.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

I understand, it isn't an attempt to steal another tuner's work, as the ecutek and tune I paid for, and I just bought another ECU for this purpose, however I would like to be able to modify the tune myself, which ecutek doesn't allow.

Besides the code is there anything really difficult about it?

Scorke
Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:10 AM
Account Disabled

I understand, it isn't an attempt to steal another tuner's work, as the ecutek and tune I paid for, and I just bought another ECU for this purpose, however I would like to be able to modify the tune myself, which ecutek doesn't allow.

Besides the code is there anything really difficult about it?

Scorke
Convincing the other tuner to email the tune to Tuner #2.

I would say you have about a 15-20% chance of that happening. In all fairness of tuners in general, you own the ECU and license, but the tuning technique is the intellectual property of the tuner.

Ecuflash has spoiled many.

There are tuners that have been reflashing for years, 99% of their customers would never ask for a copy of the data contained in their ECU or question their tuner's knowledge.

With Ecuflash, it seems many feel the entitlement to have their tune for review.

Just an outside observation about the evolution of Evo ECU technology.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Jul 12, 2006 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply: TTP Engineering EcuTek Flash