Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

APS bov install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APS bov install

Well after about 30min I installed my new APS bov that I bought from a member on here. Install wasn't bad at all besides the stock vaccum hose was too short and needed to be replaced with a longer one. As far as placement, I put it in the same spot as the stock one and everything fit just fine. After install, I took her for a quick ride to make sure everything is fuctioning properly and it is. Normal driving I get no stutter like alot of bov do to the evo. Once the motor is under some load thats when you can here it. I like the sound, it's not really loud just a little phsssshhh. Most importantly though, the car runs perfect with it in and I have no regrets with my purchase. Better than the stock plastic pos.

Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice this looks good im thinking of getting one also...Any luck on getting a sound clip??
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

I'll try to get one for ya but to tell you the truth it's not the loudest thing is the world. Thats not the point of this BOV though. It's all about driveability and for that, it's perfect. Not for sound. I bought this BOV because I want to be able to hold more boost in a few days when I get all my mods on the car. After I get done installing everything i'll have the car tuned and it will acually be usefull. Right now with my car being stock this BOV does nothing for me anymore than the stock one though.

Don't by a BOV for the sound. Buy it because you need it(because you have mods running more boost).. If not then the stock one is just fine.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

I have it and I agree. It's a great piece. Barely hear the whoosh which is fine by me.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:41 AM
Silver Sponsor

sound clip located here

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...ve-p-1331.html

Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Can you run this BOV backwards also?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:56 AM
Silver Sponsor

you can but I would not recommend it. Let the valve do what it is designed to do and run it the correct way. If you need it to hold more boost tighten down the adjustment screw.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

you can but then it sounds like an srt4 blow off, accidently did it once
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct
Thanks, I was feeling a little lazy.. lol
Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct
you can but I would not recommend it. Let the valve do what it is designed to do and run it the correct way. If you need it to hold more boost tighten down the adjustment screw.
Thanks, I was curious as many people have said you can run a few BOV's backwards to hold more boost? Heres a noob question is why is it bad to run it backwards on this BOV? because it has that open side vent, say unlike the Forge RS.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:31 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ultimateone
Thanks, I was curious as many people have said you can run a few BOV's backwards to hold more boost? Heres a noob question is why is it bad to run it backwards on this BOV? because it has that open side vent, say unlike the Forge RS.
The valve will creat compressor surge under low boost conditions. Because the pressure will not help the piston open after the pressure is taken off the other side. You can do it if you are having a problem running high boost pressures but I would not do it on a daily driver for fear that I would damage the turbo.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Hey thanks for the sound clip rally...Its actually very quite...I just want something reliable that will hold more boost and will be a little louder then stock...Im not willing to switch from the stock dv if im going to have issues just to hear some noise...Id imagine that with a cone filter it should be louder also?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Correct, with just a intake filter the stock plastic junk is audible.

I should be getting a APS in a few days
Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Great bov, one of my personal favorites. Also most likely the best bov on the market. If anyone is looking for any we have 2 in stock ready to ship.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Aug 27, 2006, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

I also have this b.o.v and the only complaint I have is that when doing a boost leak test the adjustable screw on the top of the b.o.v leaks a hair.... nothing that teflon tape won't fix. I have heard of this issue a few times and no biggie at all because it is a very quality piece . Anyone know the best way to adjust this one or and good links? Just want to make sure she's not to tight or loose! (Not trying to steal the thread)

John

Quick Reply: APS bov install