Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Jestr e flash

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nj1266
Are the e-flash maps that Jestr sells finished products? Or are they "works in progress" like the ones that are sold by another vendor?

Did those who got the e-flash have to modifiy it after they flashed their car or are you just using it as is?

I am thinking of getting one of his flashes since I read on his web sire that he would look at the logs that we have when creating the e-flash.
I have no idea about other tuners. I paypaled him $50, emailed him my stock ROM and said I'd like a flash to hold me over until I get fully tuned at TTP later this month. I told him I had an EVO 9 that was unmodified except for an MBC, was running about 1.5 bar, and used 93 octane fuel. His response came in a matter of a few hours. I'm running it at about 1.3 bar now and there are even fewer knock counts than when my car was running the 100% stock map. I'm going to log more at 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6-ish bar to see how it goes over the weekend. To me that's a very complete map and I'm very pleased with the service and the map itself. I'm sure he'll be happy to look at your logs to refine the map if you're wanting something a little more customized or if you have any problems.

Last edited by -=SPECTRE=-; Sep 1, 2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Jestr Rocks and he knows his junk.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 01:38 PM

Where can i reach him to get a base flash for an Evo 9?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Does Jesr had a number for contact didn't see one on the site
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvOcHaRgeR
Does Jesr had a number for contact didn't see one on the site
jestrtuning@gmail.com

I know John is traveling right now because I was supposed to send him some logs, so he may not be as responsive as normal. That said, I have been extremley impressed with his willingness to discuss tuning approach, answer Q&As, and discuss how to's -- a night and day difference from another 'tuner'.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cij911
jestrtuning@gmail.com

I know John is traveling right now because I was supposed to send him some logs, so he may not be as responsive as normal. That said, I have been extremley impressed with his willingness to discuss tuning approach, answer Q&As, and discuss how to's -- a night and day difference from another 'tuner'.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:02 PM

I will just add my 2cents in here. I bought a used car already "tuned". I let Jestr tune it and night and day difference. I actually got more performance and 3 mpg better as well.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

I will be getting one of his email flashes here in the next couple weeks. I have "a" flash right now and think it could be better...escpecially after looking at a lot of other peoples maps with the same custom tune...wait...isn't that an oxymoron...(same and custom) haha
Old Sep 2, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For me, all this new tuning and logging stuff would be useless without first having someone experience provide a custom base map for me to build on.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 03:10 AM
Evolved Member

So I just got a base map from John and have been playing with it and am LOVING it. John's customer service is AMAZING -- I have spoken to him numerous times and he is ALWAYS willing to help. John is knowledgeable, helpful, and professional. I will put the car on the dyno soon, once final tuning is done.

Details on my car
I have a IX and am back to using the ECU to control boost. I am spiking at ~22 psi and tapering to 17 - 18 by 7600 rpm (I'll get more precise later). I love not having the MBC and am trying to get the boost to be more like 24psi (peak) with less taper. The car is running much better than before, has a stock appearance, and the boost is more consistent across the gears, and the ECU can accomodate for weather changes etc...

My IX has a 3" Megan Racing TBE (from TTP) and a Walbro fuel pump (I don't believe this was necessary), and of course a base flash from Jestrtuning (soon to be custom).
Old Sep 14, 2006, 05:14 AM

Which level of flash M0, M1, M2, M3 is everybody getting?
Old Sep 14, 2006, 06:05 AM

I got the M1 Ecuflash
Old Sep 14, 2006, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cij911
So I just got a base map from John and have been playing with it and am LOVING it. John's customer service is AMAZING -- I have spoken to him numerous times and he is ALWAYS willing to help. John is knowledgeable, helpful, and professional. I will put the car on the dyno soon, once final tuning is done.

Details on my car
I have a IX and am back to using the ECU to control boost. I am spiking at ~22 psi and tapering to 17 - 18 by 7600 rpm (I'll get more precise later). I love not having the MBC and am trying to get the boost to be more like 24psi (peak) with less taper. The car is running much better than before, has a stock appearance, and the boost is more consistent across the gears, and the ECU can accomodate for weather changes etc...

My IX has a 3" Megan Racing TBE (from TTP) and a Walbro fuel pump (I don't believe this was necessary), and of course a base flash from Jestrtuning (soon to be custom).
Those are pretty good numbers in your sig.
I'm just looking into ECUFlash and trying to find my way around.
I'm a little confused why there are 3 different BCS settings as well as a boost limit setting. What's the difference between all these?
Old Sep 14, 2006, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Jestr is a great guy and he actually talks to you on AIM and is a class act, great guy whose really down to earth and has proven to have one of the best e-flashes out there period. highly doubt this man has any negative feedbacl ANYWHERE.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

is it worth driving to jestr from VA, or should I go to turbotrix in NJ?? I have a few people that I know who got their cars tuned by jestr and said that he does crazy awesome work. On the other hand I've heard great things about Mark and his turbotrix crew as well. I guess it would be better for me to drive to Florida since I do know people who actually live down there and not up at NJ. hmmm

Quick Reply: Jestr e flash