Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Jestr e flash

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interested in feedback on what logger to get too...
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:10 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
see the other thread in this forum.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
OK guys you have me convinced,

I am wanting to get a eflash from jestr. So far from what I read, I need the tatrix cable,
download ecu flash, download or purchase some sort of datalogging, datalog my current
base, email that to jestr and 50 dollars for a M1 flash. Then upload flash. Is this correct?

Is there a way to keep my stock flash incase I have to revert and what datalogging do
you guys recommend? I see alot about evoscan. Is this a better program then say
pocket logger? I appreciate any information or threads to read. Thanks guys.
evoscan is 100 times better than the pocket logger, the newest version works very well. Cant beat it for the price, and it will continue to get better........

You can save your stock rom to your pc before you load the jestre rom then you have the ability of switching back whenever you want.

Yes pull the rom of your car, save it as a .hex file. Do a few logs, send a copy of your stock rom and logs to jestre and he will modify your stock rom and send it back....Its simple
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

OK guys you have me convinced,

I am wanting to get a eflash from jestr. So far from what I read, I need the tatrix cable,
download ecu flash, download or purchase some sort of datalogging, datalog my current
base, email that to jestr and 50 dollars for a M1 flash. Then upload flash. Is this correct?
Hi Mike,

You should definitely contact John, and he'll let you know what to do. What mods do you have? In my case, I didn't really need to send him any logs since my car is mostly stockish at this point (drop-in filter and mbc only), so I got a base map from him.

However, it's my understanding that he will work with you (again def. have to talk to him directly) after you load the map to make improvements specific to your car based on data that you log.

I know my buddy cij911 has been doing a bunch of logging after loading John's map and John has helped him to make various changes to the map based on that data.

Is there a way to keep my stock flash incase I have to revert
Absolutely. The first thing you will do once you have the cable and d/l EcuFlash is to pull the stock map off of your car and save it to your hard drive. You can re-load this map back to your ECU at any time.

and what datalogging do
you guys recommend? I see alot about evoscan. Is this a better program then say
pocket logger? I appreciate any information or threads to read. Thanks guys.
I'm a bit new to this, so others probably can say more. I'm using the MalibuJack logger from aktivematrix.com which is free, but a lot of people use EvoScan too. I'm not sure exactly what pocket logger is able to capture so I can't directly compare, but the MJ and EvoScan loggers give you the ability to see in realtime and log pretty much every parameter in the ECU (things like knock counts, timing, rpm, injector pulse width, fuel trims, accel enrichment, o2 sensor output, airflow, coolant temps, EGR temps etc. etc.).

Edit: I'm slow ...

Last edited by joshd; Oct 19, 2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the information guys I really appreciate it. I downloaded Ecuflash and ordered my
cable. I'm currently looking at Dataloggers and widebands and will be contacting Jestr
soon. Thanks Again!!!
Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
He just Eflashed my GF's Stock 04 RS. What a difference on a stock car. I get my cams in next month hopefully I can get him while he is in the northeast to road tune me.

wait gsrboi when is he going to be in the northeast i would be definitely down for a roadtune too. i live in NJ. pm me with details. if you can. thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

depending on when and how close to PA I would be interested.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

oh well. way it goes...

Last edited by texrex2002; Mar 30, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I dont exactly know when or where as of yet. I talked to him on the phone I told him I was putting in my cams next month and I wish he could road/dyno tune my car. He told me he was planning a trip up this way soon as there is much interest in his expertise. I thought he told me he'd be in the maryland/DC area which I wouldnt mind the trip. But mabey if we can get enough of us together hell come up our way closer. Im in PA/NJ as well I know EvoDan2004 is definately in for this as well. If you guy's PM me i'll call him and see if we can get somthing going.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

well I'm near pittsburgh so when and where would play a big part. Plus I don't drive my
car in the winter (I know, I know) so I'm getting close to the point where I'm gonna be
putting it away. Hit me up if you get something together.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:45 PM
cmz

FWIW, there is a thread over in the "Evo Vendor Parts & Tuning Review" section: Jestr E-Flash Experience.

I left a post there about my experience working with John. I'm definately a satisfied customer.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

how much whp increase from just a M1 jestr flash?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

^^^should be around 20 whp or so. has anyone logged one of jestr tunes yet? how did it look?
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

That doesn't seem like very much compared to other ECU re-flashes I have heard of on this forum. I have heard of more like 40-45 whp gain from a decent ECU re-flash on a stock setup?

If Jestr is so good why isn't he getting 40-45 whp gains on a stock setup? Or does he and people are just misquoting the numbers?
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joshesh
That doesn't seem like very much compared to other ECU re-flashes I have heard of on this forum. I have heard of more like 40-45 whp gain from a decent ECU re-flash on a stock setup?

If Jestr is so good why isn't he getting 40-45 whp gains on a stock setup? Or does he and people are just misquoting the numbers?

Well those people arent getting 40whp off of a Eflash, if you can show me that then im switching tuners right now...MAYBE 40whp off of a CUSTOM tune not an EFlash. Jestr tunes my car and he always will . I compared his and another "bigtime" tuner on this site, Jestr for the win.

Quick Reply: Jestr e flash