Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

VividRacing = Really bad experience

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And why are these guys Vendors here??????? They have a horrible history. Good looking out by posting your bad experience, thanks
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ighlight=vivid
There's too many examples like this in the Suby world, they got themselves fired from NASIOC and other places for obvious reasons. It's too bad evom isn't looking out for its members like it should be. At least the members can spread the word.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

I completely agree. Vivid should be permanently banned from this site. I ordered brake pads from them a while ago, and it took over 3 months for me to get them! For freaking brake pads! I will never order from them again, that's for sure.

Oh yeah, and their communication and customer service sucks! They could give a crap about the customer, as long as they can get away with pulling your money.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they suck!

Last edited by SwabeLife; Sep 11, 2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a bad experience with them a while back when I had my wrx, that was the last time I got anything from them.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Every time one of these threads pops up I try to remind people that Agency Power products are made by the same company. The owner of Vivid Racing is also the owner of Agency Power. Dan Mermelstein (the owner) started the business selling cell phone holders to college kids.

You may have better luck trying to email him directly to complain. I bought from them in the past but will never do that again because of their customer service. I was a local customer (when I lived in PHX) and getting parts wasnt any easier. But complaining was easier due to the fact that I could walk into their office and b!tch.

Agency Power products are not all that great either. The turbo kits make less power and spool slower than the average kit. I would place them on par with ATP. Agency Power products always do their testing on customer vehicles before they are proven. Just look at all the threads requesting test beds for various suspension and engine items. I wont let them R&D on my car.

Enough of my rambling......
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Vivid Racing won't even respond. How unprofessional.

Can you believe it, they've lost so many customers and potential customers because of 5%. That's sure worth it

Mods, ban them from the site.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

just wow.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

I have a few comments. If you are ordering a part (i.e. a rear charge speed bumper) and you are quoted a price, don't have your local body shop order it for you. That just sounds shady and the body shop may try to make a few extra bucks off of you. It will just cause confusion between all parties. The least you could do is order it yourself and have the vendor send it to the bodyshop's shipping address. There are laws involving sales tax. If a supplier drop ships a part for a vendor from their office in California to your house in California, the supplier may have to add sales tax per their policies. If you buy an electronic device from a vendor and it is defective, it is not the vendors fault that the electornic device is bad. It is the manufactures fault. Talk to the vendor, tell them the problem, and the manufacture should replace the unit. AEM is fairly good about this with their electronic parts. JDM compaines think nothing ever goes wrong with their stuff. If your aftermarket part is defective, don't expect to get a replacement next day from any vendor. Manufactures have policies they follow. OEM manufactures have extensive testing and R&D placed into their parts for quality and longevity. If you order and aftermarket part and it doesn't fit or it blows up in a day, welcome to the world of purchasing aftermarket non-OEM parts. I used to work for an OEM supplier... I have been waiting for a replacement for a defective part from a manufacture for about 3 months, they are out of stock and manufacturing is slow, poop happens, I'm getting on with my life. I think I get the replacement next week, yea.

I get all of my parts from Vivid Racing and have never had a problem. If you have a problem with any vendor (even outside automotive), call them and try to get the issue resolved. If it is not resolved ask to speak to a manager or the owner. Don't be an a-hole on the phone to the vendor. He/she will just get equally pissed off at you and your issue will not get resolved in an appropriate manner, that goes for all vendors. Personnally I have tried the a-hole approach in the past and it really doesn't get you anywhere. If you are polite, cool, and explain the situation calmly, the owners will work with you to fix the problem. But don't yell at the vendor. If the problem still isn't fixed, talk to you credit card company and go find another vendor to buy from.

Vendor bashing is pretty gay, it's like arguing with someone over the internet. The dude your arguing with is 5'1", 17 years old doesn't own a car, lives at home with his mom and is a giant deusch. I know several vendors that I think suck, but I have better things to do with my life then make an internet post that took me 45 minutes to write (like this one).

Try doing the above and your issues will be fixed.

Last edited by evoracerx; Sep 8, 2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

I had a bad expereience from them at vivid... I used to purchase from them thru my shop. Until i had a defective Greddy oil pressure guage. So i call greddy to figure out what needs to be done. They told me to send it back where it was purchased. So i contact Vivid and i am told i will have to send it back to them and they will get it warrantied and i will get a new one. Well a few weeks go buy.. and they wont reply or even answer my calls. They would put me on hold and blow me off... To the point i would hang up. So i called Greddy to figure out if they go it or not.. So they asked who i got it from. I told them who..and you know what they told me: Vivid Racing is NOT AN AUTHORIZED Distributor of Greddy Products. UM...... So ya know what i never got a new gauge or my money back. I recently setup an account with Agency Power. Made my first purchase with them.. Well found out that their a sister company of VIVID... So I will not be buying from them. Sorry Geoff.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoracerx
I have a few comments. If you are ordering a part (i.e. a rear charge speed bumper) and you are quoted a price, don't have your local body shop order it for you. That just sounds shady and the body shop may try to make a few extra bucks off of you. It will just cause confusion between all parties. The least you could do is order it yourself and have the vendor send it to the bodyshop's shipping address. There are laws involving sales tax. If a supplier drop ships a part for a vendor from their office in California to your house in California, the supplier may have to add sales tax per their policies. If you buy an electronic device from a vendor and it is defective, it is not the vendors fault that the electornic device is bad. It is the manufactures fault. Talk to the vendor, tell them the problem, and the manufacture should replace the unit. AEM is fairly good about this with their electronic parts. JDM compaines think nothing ever goes wrong with their stuff. If your aftermarket part is defective, don't expect to get a replacement next day from any vendor. Manufactures have policies they follow. OEM manufactures have extensive testing and R&D placed into their parts for quality and longevity. If you order and aftermarket part and it doesn't fit or it blows up in a day, welcome to the world of purchasing aftermarket non-OEM parts. I used to work for an OEM supplier... I have been waiting for a replacement for a defective part from a manufacture for about 3 months, they are out of stock and manufacturing is slow, poop happens, I'm getting on with my life. I think I get the replacement next week, yea.

I get all of my parts from Vivid Racing and have never had a problem. If you have a problem with any vendor (even outside automotive), call them and try to get the issue resolved. If it is not resolved ask to speak to a manager or the owner. Don't be an a-hole on the phone to the vendor. He/she will just get equally pissed off at you and your issue will not get resolved in an appropriate manner, that goes for all vendors. Personnally I have tried the a-hole approach in the past and it really doesn't get you anywhere. If you are polite, cool, and explain the situation calmly, the owners will work with you to fix the problem. But don't yell at the vendor. If the problem still isn't fixed, talk to you credit card company and go find another vendor to buy from.

Vendor bashing is pretty gay, it's like arguing with someone over the internet. The dude your arguing with is 5'1", 17 years old doesn't own a car, lives at home with his mom and is a giant deusch. I know several vendors that I think suck, but I have better things to do with my life then make an internet post that took me 45 minutes to write (like this one).

I agree what you have stated BUT when he has done what he can do to work with the sales rep and they pretty much refuse to treat the customer with respect and they forget that the customer is who makes HIS paycheck. Then it is perfectly fine for him to express his experiences and feelings on the forum. This is what this forum is for.

I would like to add to my experience with Agency Power. I ordered a blow off valve for my car and was quoted a certain price...Then minutes later i ordered it and gave my credit card number to my sales rep... What happens.. I get charged $30.00 more than what i was told. SO ya know what happens. I am offered to get a discount/credit of the $30.00 they owe me on my next order. But i will not be ordering from them.. Sorry, but they can keep my $30.00.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the heads up, They certainly won't be getting my hard earned money

-mike
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evoracerx
I have a few comments. If you are ordering a part (i.e. a rear charge speed bumper) and you are quoted a price, don't have your local body shop order it for you. That just sounds shady and the body shop may try to make a few extra bucks off of you. It will just cause confusion between all parties. The least you could do is order it yourself and have the vendor send it to the bodyshop's shipping address. There are laws involving sales tax. If a supplier drop ships a part for a vendor from their office in California to your house in California, the supplier may have to add sales tax per their policies. [...]

I did all the above and thats why I posted here. I was calm, patient and argued my position in a very professional manner. I gave them plenty fair warning before making this post. After I told them a second time I would go public, Matt/Evan said they'd check with the owner (Dan) on the matter. I still got the same answer from him.

As far as the body shop being shady, there's no way. I arranged the price and had all the invoices go through me. I have copies of the purchase and cancelled invoices. I was well informed the entire way through the process (obviously) and I wasn't letting anything slip by. The only thing the body shop did was provide their CC number.

The sales tax thing has been addressed. They were merely trying to get more money out of me and blamed it on "uncle sam". This is the oldest trick in the book. They are COMPLETELY aware of their shipping procedures and should have already figured the correct selling price of the bumper to account for tax and shipping included when they gave me the $720 shipped quote to San Diego.

I agree that yelling and being a jerk on the phone will get you no where fast. Like I said, I tried to avoid it coming to this, I really did. It was their call and they chose this.

I am not vendor bashing, I am merely conveying my experience with VividRacing. I think it is VERY important to give other Evo owners the opportunity to know what they may encounter if they decide to do business with companies such as Vivid Racing. I, as many others, like to be informed buyers.

Also, I am not trying to argue with you, but instead attempting to clear up any misconceptions you may have about how I handled the situation.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EiEVO

I would like to add to my experience with Agency Power. I ordered a blow off valve for my car and was quoted a certain price...Then minutes later i ordered it and gave my credit card number to my sales rep... What happens.. I get charged $30.00 more than what i was told. SO ya know what happens. I am offered to get a discount/credit of the $30.00 they owe me on my next order. But i will not be ordering from them.. Sorry, but they can keep my $30.00.

I don't even know what to say about that... just wow.... totally unreal..
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Well put. And good luck to getting your car fixed.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nigletsyz

I don't even know what to say about that... just wow.... totally unreal..
Yea, it sucks... At least he could have offered a refund. Instead: I will put a credit memo on your account and it will be credited on your next purchase. Well shortly after i found out that they were basically "Vivid Racing" and i just figured that this is their way of doing "professional" business so i said forget the $30.00 and do business elsewhere.

Quick Reply: VividRacing = Really bad experience