Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

VividRacing = Really bad experience

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes it did take me long to respond. I don't hit up the Evo forums like I used to. This was brought to my attention by a good friend of mine so I signed on and checked it out. You are correct you gave me the zip code, then it didn't matter because I had the part in my warehouse at the time. You took a few days to order it and it was sold by then. Therefore I was having one shipped from the Manufacturer. I am sorry that the one in AZ sold befor you got a chance to order it. With this said, now that it was going from California to California the Manufacturer charges us sales tax, therefore we must charge you. It was not a mistake of mine that the product sold. As far as the 5% I had to fight for that low of a cancellation fee. Now that this was not in stock here or the manufacturer, the product was either special made for you or specially brought into the US for YOU. Anywhere you order parts from will charge a cancellation fee on a special order part. We are normally supposed to charge 25%. Again the manufacturer charges us a cancellation fee therefore we must charge you.

As far as all the talk of Agency Power. Agency Power might be owned by the same owner of Vivid Racing. This does not mean they are run by the same people. Agency Power is completely seperate and run completely differently by completely different people than Vivid Racing. Don't bad mouth Agency Power just because you have a problem with Vivid Racing. No need to bring an innocent man down. The guys that run Agency Power, Matt and Geoff are great people and do not deserve to be smacked in the face because you had an issue with Vivid Racing.

Matt Sanner

Originally Posted by nigletsyz
wow dude, it takes you 2 months to finally respond? why are you even trying to act like you need to give a better explaination or that there was some sort of a misunderstanding?
You say that Californian residents get taxed California state tax and that you don't have control over that. Ok fine. But what you do have control over is what you quote your customers as far as pricing goes. You say you are the middle man. So your distributor is in california and now you have to charge sales tax. Well maybe you should have paid closer attention to the price you quoted me when I SPECIFICALLY gave you the zip code it was being shipped to which was a California zip. You guys won't even own up to YOUR mistake. Companies like yours suck.... you STOLE my money by not giving me a full refund on a part you NEVER had. I love how you try to dodge the real issue and make CA sales tax a scapegoat and red herring in your argument.

Dont BS pretending that you're not familiar with this issue either. That is, unless you get problems like this happening all the time and you can't keep track of them. How many customers fit my description?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
See, now you told me that you sold that one (how convienient) and that you ALREADY had some others (multiple) on order but it was going to be a month or so before they arrived. You didn't order anything special for me.

Also, I already suggested that you just have all the bumpers coming in shipped directly to you since then you could distribute mine out to me afterwards in order to avoid the CA tax that you are just loving to blame this on. However, you said that would cost you more money because you'd have to ship twice. The original quote was for one you SUPPOSEDLY had in stock. This one would have already incurred all the shipping charges that you were trying to avoid by sending the other one directly from the distributor in CA. Did you ever read my original post? Were you able to comprehend it? All this has been already addressed.

I think its really funny how you say you "fought" to get that low of a cancellation fee. Do you realize how SHADY that makes you guys look? You NEVER had the product. It was still on a boat from Japan and you guys were never going to get it anyway. You already said you are the middle man, and the distributor is the one that ships. This lends to show that you were very likely lying about actually having one in stock to begin with.

I'm sorry but trying to argue your innocence with someone that has plenty of facts of your guilt is pretty pointless.

Should I post up the PMs we had? How about the one where you ASSURE me this bumper would fit with the USDM crash beam? It was lies from the starting gate with you guys.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Its pretty basic when it comes down to it.

1. You guys quote me a price that I agree to.
2. You charge more than the agreed price on the credit card
3. You refuse to honor original quote due to your mess up
4. I ask to cancel order due to inflated price and you don't give me a full refund

Again, how is this my fault?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I am new to EvoM but I deal with vividracing a lot and I always talk to the owner Rob and he will hopefully get you taken care of.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

I am sorry. I have tried to explain to you how it works. The shipment was going to California because they are the US distributor for Chargespeed. It had to go there first, it can not come to me first. I don't have any controll over that. If you would like to discuss this further please call me. 480-966-3040 Ext:230. I would like to explain this to you in detail so that we are at an understanding.

Thank you, Matt Sanner
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

So what? Maybe you should've given me an updated price quote when I ordered it. You didn't. I even asked if it'd still be $720 shipped and you said yes. This was AFTER you told me the one you had in stock had been sold. So once again your argument is invalid. Please don't take me for a fool. This isn't about CA tax, as much as you are trying to get people to believe.

By all means, please keep responding. It only gives your practices more exposure.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:37 PM
Former Sponsor

This is Evan...

Considering I'm not the original person to quote you, or serviced you, I don’t know much about this.

Here at VIVID we deal with OVER 300,000 parts of inventory everyday, keeping this inventory up to date and in stock is very difficult. We do over 6 million dollars of sales a year. 95% of the time its near perfect... Unfortunately some fall threw the cracks then easily get posted here.

I personally am sorry to you, and any body that has had a bad experience with VIVID. Due to the high demand here at VIVID its really hard to make everyone happy and answer each post, In this case find it!!!

ANYONE who’s has had a bad experience with any company knows how bad it sucks. I do I can name many vendors that has burned me. Once or twice it was VIVID. But when we only look for the crap in a life guess what life becomes really sh**y.

Every time I have someone cancel it really sucks to have to charge that cancellation fee. VIVID never see's that but the manufacture does.
I promise any of my customers if you get that dang fee I will make it up in a discount off your next purchase.

You know I have been there as a customer, Last December I dropped 17k on my old Evo in two months, on TOP of the 10-15k I all ready had into it. I’ve delt with every vender and then some. IT SUCKS when a part is back ordered or more in price, I know...

So I can only suck up so much... I understand you’re mad, I understand your upset, but I’m willing to fix things with any customer!!!!

Being off a commission based pay I’m a company within VIVID my personal reputation is on the line everyday! Having you post this sucks, but if you walk away happy with me, at the end of this, then I grew, you grew, and every body else can see... "Ya Evan's new but trys real hard to make things right!" I’m not perfect, Ill mess up. But I'm willing to learn!

You want your 5% and good customer service CALL ME! I’m not perfect but I’m willing to fix anything, which puts me ahead of many Vendors that will just bash back! Dan and Rob put me on these forums to bring it back and fix the crap... They deal with Porsches and Ferrari’s all the time now, so they need someone like me to step in and help...

Please acknowledged my effort to help and fix things, sure it will take time and It will take some mending, But I promise as long as I'm here at VIVID, I will GIVE 150% to you Evo owners!

For those who feel other wise I’m sorry, I’m human, just like you and the next time your perfect let me know I will expect you not to mess up. This is business I have nothing to hide ask me anything about our policies and I will tell you.

This is just my TEMP job until I can start school at Richmond American Homes, as a sales manager... I have my real estate license and have sold OVER 50 homes in the one year I've had my license mean while I do this... I know about laws and good business practices. I have sold OVER $100,000 in retail parts in a month’s time; I think I could have easily messed one or two up. Don’t you? This is my 3rd month here and I have sold the most at VIVID in that amount of time than anyone else here. Trust me I’m not one to screw a fellow member! If you feel I or any one else has let me know I will fix it.

Thanks for listing to this long speech... I hope I can help you all to see VIVIDS potential as we train more to care!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:43 PM
Former Sponsor

call matt so he can fix it... or myself. Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
This is Evan...

ANYONE who’s has had a bad experience with any company knows how bad it sucks. I do I can name many vendors that has burned me. Once or twice it was VIVID.
Wow. I don't know what to say to that

I understand you're trying to help here and make things right being that you're the enthusiastic new guy, but the owner Dan already voiced his stance on the matter 2 months ago when it was presented to him.

Good luck with the real estate thing
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm I dont know what you guys are talking about vivid for.. I have had great customer service from Evan numerous times. Bashing them is not going to solve anything, if you dont like the way they do things then it will be your choice not to purchase things from them. As for saying they suck. and what not this is just an opinion of people that have had some bad luck..
Old Nov 16, 2006, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Wow Vivid is garbage!!! This is the 3rd post like this in the last month. No wonder you are saying that you are giving out sponsorships, no one would go there otherwise. Obviously people need to see forums like this so they never have to put up with this headache.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT35MR
Wow Vivid is garbage!!! This is the 3rd post like this in the last month. No wonder you are saying that you are giving out sponsorships, no one would go there otherwise. Obviously people need to see forums like this so they never have to put up with this headache.
What is your bad past with us? Or are you just jumping on the band wagon? Here I am trying to fix problems with customers and all you do is come in with other people add to it! If you dont have custructive to say please keep it yourself... No one benifits from this said, not even you! If you have a problem with vivid then bring it up! Ill try to fix it, but if your just trying jump on with no personal past with us, thats not cool or helpfull to anyone!

These forums are suppose to be a place to learn about our favorite car, meet new friends and maybe gets some parts... The past few months all I've seen all around here is drama!!! This is becoming like an old honda forum full of trash talking. I want to help and all you got to say is that we are garbage?! not cool man... Ask any other evo owner here in AZ that knows me, I dont bring "garbage" to these forums or to you.

I understand people having a bad purchase before... But 6million a year? Do you think IF we where that bad we would do that much buisness? Name another company in this industry that does that much volume? Summit? Ebay? If our buisness was so shady how come we dont have big lawsuits? Or how come our sales go up not down? Think about it, we didnt get this facility by steeling or cheating people! Nor do we try to **** people off... But you cant make everyone happy!!! I can only try. So unless you have personal bad times with us dont post junk like that it isnt cool and it doesnt help. But if you had, tell me about it and I will work with you to make things right! Im on your side guys dont kick me while im down trying to fix what happen. Call me give me a chance I may just change your mind about vivid, If I mess up at least you know I gave it all i had to make you happy!!!!