Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bulletproof Thanks For Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
It isnt wrong legaly? Tell that to the BBB sir.

Ahh the BBB isn't the Law, They can get their member ship removed for that though.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No the part was from a reputable vendor, not Ebay!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
This is not true man. Ever work retail? they HAVE to stand by what they said. This is business ehtics 101 dude.
Yep even it means losing money.. in the end you will gain a Loyal Client!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
Ahh the BBB isn't the Law, They can get their member ship removed for that though.
No it is not the law just like the FBI isn't the law either but the 2 org have something in common and that is they mediate the law. The BBB can lawfully sanction(i guess thats the right word) the business. Which is sometimes worse than what the law will do. The law just fines a business and usually that fine is pretty petty compared to what the business brings in monthly. Now in a lawful state, the business can sometimes see legal action if the compliance isnt met to standards of the people and the BBB. However, usually once its taken to the BBB the actions are corrected and usually corrected very expediately.

In any case, whethor its "illegal" or not the consequences can be detremental either way.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

at least you guys see this the way I do . . . WRONG!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~
at least you guys see this the way I do . . . WRONG!
Could you tell us what part it was and what site you found the part at? Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm going to ask the obvious... why not just buy it from the "reputable vendor" in the first place? In fact, I think it sucks to give business to vendors who vulture sales from others by offering that "we'll match prices" crap. Why not reward the vendor who's offering the better price straight up? Why reward the vendor that's charging more for it until you call them on it?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^great Point!
Old Oct 5, 2006, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EJEvo
I'm going to ask the obvious... why not just buy it from the "reputable vendor" in the first place? In fact, I think it sucks to give business to vendors who vulture sales from others by offering that "we'll match prices" crap. Why not reward the vendor who's offering the better price straight up? Why reward the vendor that's charging more for it until you call them on it?
in response to that, when you see a good price on an item, you're not sure if it's the "best" price. so when you are looking around, you find a vendor that says "we'll beat any price", why wouldn't you assume that they will be lower for the same part?? that's just smart shopping isn't it? why pay more for a part than you have to?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Bulletproof will write more self-aggrandizing articles in Modified about how "JDM is a way of life" so they can overcharge you for their stuff. Pretty convenient.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Not to mention the bad public attention you are sure to receive on the largest Evo community board.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
People who always ***** about price are RARELY loyal clients. They simply buy from whoever pulls their pants down the farthest.

This is why eBay is the #1 "store" in the world. More money flows through eBay every day than any other retail place.

Customer service costs money. The guy with the cheapest prices can't afford to have the best customer service. It's simple math. Taking things back from unhappy clients and sending out replacement parts is very expensive. Especially when they are imported from anothe country.

I have never bought anything from BP and I am not standing up for them at all since i have no experience whatsoever. I am also not trying to start an argument with WrX Kila, I am just saying that if you want the cheapest price, don't ***** when the service is sketchy.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
Silver Sponsor

It is unfortunate that we were not consulted with this prior to it being taken public. I have no idea what the part is or who the op is so I cannot comment on this specifics of this communication.

Our focus is sourcing high end, high quality, hard to find parts from Japan.

Our pricing is also a direct result of our shipping. We ship a container every 2 weeks whether it is full or not. Our shipping is so frequent that other companies and vendors(some even on this board) use us to bring their parts from Japan. This is expensive and I am sure we easily have one of the highest overheads among businesses in the industry.

I am concerned of the negative feedback that I've seen in this thread as I've never heard anything before from Evo owners. All of my personal interactions with members of this forum have been great and I welcome anyone who has an issue to alert me personally of it and we can work it out. As the consumer, all of you have the ability to choose who to purchase products from. Our goal is not to be the kmart of the industry, but rather the Neiman Marcus, offering the most exceptional service and results for each purchase that we can. Yes you can buy the same jeans technically at both places, but the experience of purchasing from Neiman Marcus is what you pay for...I am working to get us to that level.

****update****

As I've been typing this I've had our internet sales rep do a search on all Evo parts we've received a price match request fo and there has only been one in the timeframe of this post being made.

If you are who I think you are (to the op), the shop that you wanted us to price match is located in Japan. I am not certain as to how we can do such a thing considering we are not located in Japan and have to pay fees for bank wires and domestic shipping to our warehouse. Plus we will get next to no discount off the retail price in Japan anyways for ordering one small product(this product was valued in the upper $400's on our website). We actually stated that it was a great price and that we recommend you go for it. Normally with sites like Japan Parts and Taka Kaira we can beat their landed prices but this will not be one of them. I am always weary of these companies anyways, there are always magical surcharges and fees associated with them.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

thanx for the update on this i would like to hear more from the customer so we can sort all this out and everyone can be happy again
Old Oct 13, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pitbul I want a full pic of your avatar!

ontopic - Bulletproof prices are high, and that sucks they didnt match the price.

Quick Reply: Bulletproof Thanks For Nothing!