Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bulletproof Thanks For Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bulletproof Thanks For Nothing!

I just wanted to vent about Bulletproof Automotive

Bulletproof Auto claims and I quote

"We will beat any advertised
price on this product! -> Click Here"

Well this is crap because when you find a better documented price on a legit website, they just fold. and say "say sorry we cant match or beat that price!"

False advertisement

Bulletproof I will never do buisness with you, keep your word or edit your website!

Future Customers Beware

MODs please move to "Vendor Reviews" Forum Please

Last edited by ~EVILEVO~; Oct 3, 2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You expect them to sell to you even though they're losing money on the deal?

Any business has the right to refuse to engage in transactions with customers, just as you always have the right to select whom you do business with.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seriously bulletproof is way overpriced on some of their stuff... they think they corner the market
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

I agree I am in the car parts/tuning buisness, and if we just tell someone we will do something, we do it period! thats how we keep our good name! I dont care if every person that resonds to me tells me I am out out of line. If you print something on your website do it or take it down.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 144mph

Any business has the right to refuse to engage in transactions with customers, just as you always have the right to select whom you do business with.
This is not true man. Ever work retail? When any company/business advertises that they will "beat ANY advertised price" that doesnt mean only the ones that I want or only if I feel like it. If thats what they advertise then they HAVE to stand by what they said. This is business ehtics 101 dude.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you

Anyone Bulletproof can chime in anytime.....

Last edited by ~EVILEVO~; Oct 3, 2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Ouch. I think that's actually illegal.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rod Munch
Ouch. I think that's actually illegal.
Its only legal if they state a disclaimer regarding the legality of it. IN which this case I am assuming they dont have a disclaimer on the phrase. So, yes what they did was prolly illegal.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Its Isn't Wrong Legaly but its bad for your reputation and un Ethinical. I would be upset but wouldn't go and Bash them, maybe they can beat a price on some other items, maybe not. Youre supposed to be bargin Hunter, not them. But anyways this thread belongs in the Vendor Reviews section.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:22 PM
mjo

Originally Posted by 144mph

I would expect a business to live up to what they state or advertise. Unfortunately most don't. I ordered a Greddy Titanium catback from VividRacing.com AND PAID FOR IT. This constituted a contract since they offered and I accepted and gave consideration (look up contract law). After waiting over a week I called and they told me they got the catback, but it was going to cost me over $100 more because the manufacturer raised the price. I told them to keep it and give me a refund (which they did).

I do expect a business to loose money on an item if they agreed to sell it at a given price. It's good public relations. If this was a larger order I would have sued them for breach of contract but $100 isn't worth my time and effort. After this I will never order from Vivid again even if they are the cheapest.

mjo

Last edited by mjo; Oct 3, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
Its Isn't Wrong Legaly but its bad for your reputation and un Ethinical. I would be upset but wouldn't go and Bash them, maybe they can beat a price on some other items, maybe not. Youre supposed to be bargin Hunter, not them. But anyways this thread belongs in the Vendor Reviews section.
It isnt wrong legaly? Tell that to the BBB sir.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mjo
I would expect a business to live up to what they state or advertise. Unfortunately most don't. I ordered a Greddy Titanium catback from VividRacing.com AND PAID FOR IT. This constituted a contract since they offered and I accepted and gave consideration (look up contract law). After waiting over a week I called and they told me they got the catback, but it was going to cost me over $100 more because the manufacturer raised the price. I told them to keep it and give me a refund (which they did).

I do expect a business to loose money on an item if they agreed to sell it at a given price. It's good public relations. If this was a larger order I would have sued them for breach of contract but $100 isn't worth my time and effort. After this I will never order from Vivid again even if they are the cheapest.

mjo
Stories like these is exactly why I haven't spent any money with them.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:32 PM
Account Disabled

Just out of curiosity, did you quote them a price from a reputable vendor or was it some shop on eBay? Also what was the part and how much are they asking for it?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

It does suck that they stated that and they are not living up to it but they are the ones that are losing the business. Well at least you found it for cheaper so just order from that company!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
Just out of curiosity, did you quote them a price from a reputable vendor or was it some shop on eBay? Also what was the part and how much are they asking for it?
Yeah turd has a point here. If it was a part from ebay then I would have to agree with what bulletproof did. If it was a vendor then thats a different story.

Quick Reply: Bulletproof Thanks For Nothing!