Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Evo IX dynoed at Top Level Auto 435hp 437tq stock turbo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just for comparison, I put down 335 whp and 420 ft lbs of torque on a Mustang Dyno, my traps were around 118mph on average. My boost would drop to 19 psi at redline.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it will be resolved when the track opens up, we have some projects being worked on. Dyno sheets and track times will follow as usuall we are at englistown every wed and fri during track season, as for this evo it also will be at the track with the same set up doin better times
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:54 PM
Account Disabled

Dan ur one hella of a driver man, i have ur in car video on the shop computer and i show it to customers to show them what what a evo can do. Next year should be a good year and look forward to seein your car in the 8's

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
just for comparison, I put down 335 whp and 420 ft lbs of torque on a Mustang Dyno, my traps were around 118mph on average. My boost would drop to 19 psi at redline.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 03:51 PM
Account Disabled

i imagine either the car wasnt running right at the track, its the only thing that can explain this. I made 380whp on a dynojet and trapped 117mph. The correction factor on this dyno sheet is the same as mine was from TT at the time.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 05:53 PM
Account Disabled

thanks Steve, we had a supra that did 535hp on this dyno it then went to englishtown and did 10.6 127mph havin trouble with the tranny 25psi pump gas, anybody want to dyno there car here and then dyno at another place to compare the dynojet numbers are more them welcome to do it, but we also have seen guys bring there cars here to do hp runs and there numbers were similar to other dynojets

Originally Posted by Steve@NoLimitmotors
i imagine either the car wasnt running right at the track, its the only thing that can explain this. I made 380whp on a dynojet and trapped 117mph. The correction factor on this dyno sheet is the same as mine was from TT at the time.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TopLevelPerformance
thanks Steve, we had a supra that did 535hp on this dyno it then went to englishtown and did 10.6 127mph havin trouble with the tranny 25psi pump gas, anybody want to dyno there car here and then dyno at another place to compare the dynojet numbers are more them welcome to do it, but we also have seen guys bring there cars here to do hp runs and there numbers were similar to other dynojets

Thats interesting....
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

That's fine, but we don't believe this car was actually putting down 435whp. No other IX with these mods has come close, and this one didn't come close to proving it at the track. In fact, it didn't match many pump gas stg1 IXs in terms of trap speed. That's all there is to it. We don't care about the dyno itself - we just don't like exorbitant power claims that have never been seen and that can't be duplicated at the track. We also don't like people who claim only a 1psi drop on a stock turbo without MAP sensor proof, especially when claiming to run 33psi, etc.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's fine, but we don't believe this car was actually putting down 435whp. No other IX with these mods has come close, and this one didn't come close to proving it at the track. In fact, it didn't match many pump gas stg1 IXs in terms of trap speed. That's all there is to it. We don't care about the dyno itself - we just don't like exorbitant power claims that have never been seen and that can't be duplicated at the track. We also don't like people who claim only a 1psi drop on a stock turbo without MAP sensor proof, especially when claiming to run 33psi, etc.
+1
Old Dec 20, 2006, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled

Mr Talon, it was said by some members here that we inflate numbers here for business, the car was running over 30psi of boost on the dyno and thats the number it did, no need to make up numbers to get customers. The car was tuned with a manual boost controller and the customer then bought a greddy boost controller and was never tuned with that controller, the car had boost problems at the track, the greddy was only holding 21psi in second, third and fourth while the manual held 28psi in those gears. When the track opens that car will return to the track whether it backs those numbers or not u will see those time slips cuase we are not in the buniness to deceive any questions be more then welcome to ask, we called atco and i was told they will open in feb

Old Dec 20, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, but we all know that it did not "hold" 28psi with the MBC. All of us taper down to 21-ish when even when running max boost - it happens to everyone. It's very normal, and to claim to be a shop that knows Evos, you should already know that. No stock turbo sustains 28psi for more than a brief moment, and it certainly doesn't happen on the drag strip where we are never below 5500rpm.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

Mr Talon, apparently u dont know to much about evos your self but on my side on the world, i run my car down the track at 116mph on 18inch street tires holdin 28psi doin 12.0 on my old 05 stock turbo. I know more then u think and if u want to learn how to run 28psi call me at 516-557-4526 Ricky

Sorry, but we all know that it did not "hold" 28psi with the MBC. All of us taper down to 21-ish when even when running max boost - it happens to everyone. It's very normal, and to claim to be a shop that knows Evos, you should already know that. No stock turbo sustains 28psi for more than a brief moment, and it certainly doesn't happen on the drag strip where we are never below 5500rpm.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr Talon, apparently u dont know to much about evos your self but on my side on the world, i run my car down the track at 116mph on 18inch street tires holdin 28psi doin 12.0 on my old 05 stock turbo. I know more then u think and if u want to learn how to run 28psi call me at 516-557-4526 Ricky
u can talk all the crap u want... point is u trapped 113

i did that untuned with just a mbc and dump tube... so your a fool..

then with a mail in... yes MAIL-IN < DYNOFLASH PLUG!

i picked up almost 3 mph.. on a cooler day it would have been 4mph..

since then i've had a custom jestr tune and a car i use to be side by side with 3rd 4th 4th gear any senario... (sti)
i now pull a little on him.. so theres even more power to be made

so now im going to guess 118/119 trap

Thanks have a nice day!

Last edited by 4WS Tuning; Dec 21, 2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Complete B.S. on 128, unless, maybe Nitrous to feed that sucker wide open. Trouble is you onky trapped at 116MPH, which is MEH for 28PSI.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I think Warrtalon was talking about his boost level at redline/as he cross the 1/4 mile mark. Evo8 Stock turbo usually could only sustain about 20-21 PSI and if one were to let it spike it would still only make about 24-25 PSI at redline at most.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Is that supposed to be impressive? WHy would I need to call you to figure out how to run 28psi when I can just go out and turn up my boost controller? I run 26psi, because 28psi didn't make much more power than 26psi on my car, so it was a waste of hot air. If you're trying to say you held 28psi to redline on the track in 4th gear but only trapped 116mph, then I think you've made my point for me. A 12.0 in those conditions is also not impressive at all. I ran 12.000 with stock cams on the same stock 05 turbo as you but with a peak of 24psi that was only seen on the street, but not on the track. On the track, my boost was below 20psi crossing the line...

Quick Reply: Evo IX dynoed at Top Level Auto 435hp 437tq stock turbo