Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Evo IX dynoed at Top Level Auto 435hp 437tq stock turbo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whoa whoa whoa, dude, give them a chance to breathe. It may sound crazy but these guys do know what they're doing. They've already done things with evos that no one else has done.

The car trapping 113 obviously proves it wasnt making 435whp when it was ran at the track. THESE GUYS HAVE NO REASON TO LIE, AND WHY WOULD THEY POST UP THOSE TIMES AFTER POSTING THAT DYNO SHEET IF THEY WERE LYING??? THEY KNOW THAT 113MPH=330-340WHP.

I also dont understand why people think there is some setting on the dyno to just add in whatever HP you want to the sheet. Contrary to what any of you guys think, there is not an option for that, or at least not on any dyno i've seen.

The correction factor is what changes numbers and they are using the same factor as turbotrix, very similar to most peoples dynojets. The car has basically every bolt on with methanol and i'm SURE it was running well over 30 psi, or at least spiking around 33-34. thats why the torque number is so high, the HP is high but its not astronomically crazy.

Chris here at the shop made 380whp with just TBE/MBC/lower pipe/Meth kit on a reflash RUNNING ONLY 25 PSI!!!. when he got tuned he didnt have the correct spring in the MBC and once he changed it and turned it up to 30, the car was noticeably making more power, enough to blow the clutch without even launching it. i'd imagine around 390whp/400wtq. Top levels car was tuned to the limit and has cams, o2 housing, fmic, piping, dli2 and its spiking to higher boost.

And one last thing, my 2005 evo on methanol made 380whp and i had a defi bf amber boost gauge and it buried well past 2.0bar and by redline in 3rd anf 4th i was around 1.7 bar. thats about 25-26 psi. WARRTALON, we dont spike to 27-28 and then drop off over here in NY, we spike to 33-34 and drop off to 25-28.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steve@NoLimitmotors
Top levels car was tuned to the limit and has cams, o2 housing, fmic, piping, dli2 and its spiking to higher boost.
Well, now we know where the decieving happened. We didn't know this car has cams:

Originally Posted by 97awdman
Paul tuned a customers Evo IX, stock turbo with the following parts
Alcohol kit
3inch modified stock muffler
uicp and licp with hks rs bov
turbo XS intercooler
k & n filter
02 housing
33psi
This is much more believable with cams included.

And it will continue to get more and more believable as more of the cars mods are ACTUALLY disclosed...

Last edited by KOEvo; Dec 22, 2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

if im running a GT35R on race gas and 28-30psi what should i lay down you think?i layed down 418awhp on pump gas 22psi...

car has AEM EMS and 272cams 1000cc,and 255pump..

what about pump gas plus alky what boost can i tune for daily driving safe boost level?and what you think i can lay down

want to go alky,fpr,rail,head work,intake mani ported,oliver rods and ross pistons..with those mods what boost can i run on pump and race?crack 600 on race,thanks...sorry for all the ???
Old Dec 23, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GT35REVO8
if im running a GT35R on race gas and 28-30psi what should i lay down you think?i layed down 418awhp on pump gas 22psi...

what about pump gas plus alky what boost can i tune for daily driving safe boost level?and what you think i can lay down

want to go alky,fpr,rail,head work,intake mani ported,oliver rods and ross pistons..with those mods what boost can i run on pump and race?crack 600 on race,thanks...sorry for all the ???
It all depends on which Dyno you use, if you use Top Level Auto's Dyno you may hit 1500whp.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve, feel free to show me a MAP sensor log with 25-28psi at 7k rpm. For your future reference, I personally watched Sean Glazar run consistent 11.5s on his stock 03 9.8 hotside turbo, and when I looked at his logs after each run, he was tapering to 17psi on each run at the top of 4th. If somehow all of you in NYC manage to maintain 25-28psi at the top of 4th, then you should be running circles around those measly 17psi 11.5s...

Are you sure this IX had cams? They never listed cams and never admitted to cams when all of us started questioning the numbers. Also, I personally have never said anyone lied - I just said the numbers are completely bogus, and it's total crap for some new shop to come in out of nowhere and post numbers that NO ONE HAS EVEN COME CLOSE TO ACCOMPLISHING on a IX so far, and definitely not with so few mods. You do see how that would be a great tactic for a new vendor on this site, right? Well, we called them out, and the car failed miserably...bottom line.

And one last thing, my 2005 evo on methanol made 380whp and i had a defi bf amber boost gauge and it buried well past 2.0bar and by redline in 3rd anf 4th i was around 1.7 bar. thats about 25-26 psi. WARRTALON, we dont spike to 27-28 and then drop off over here in NY, we spike to 33-34 and drop off to 25-28.
Please, Lord, tell me that you are NOT basing these outrageous claims off a Defi boost gauge...PLEASE PLEASE say no...
Old Dec 23, 2006, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Steve, feel free to show me a MAP sensor log with 25-28psi at 7k rpm. For your future reference, I personally watched Sean Glazar run consistent 11.5s on his stock 03 9.8 hotside turbo, and when I looked at his logs after each run, he was tapering to 17psi on each run at the top of 4th. If somehow all of you in NYC manage to maintain 25-28psi at the top of 4th, then you should be running circles around those measly 17psi 11.5s...

Are you sure this IX had cams? They never listed cams and never admitted to cams when all of us started questioning the numbers. Also, I personally have never said anyone lied - I just said the numbers are completely bogus, and it's total crap for some new shop to come in out of nowhere and post numbers that NO ONE HAS EVEN COME CLOSE TO ACCOMPLISHING on a IX so far, and definitely not with so few mods. You do see how that would be a great tactic for a new vendor on this site, right? Well, we called them out, and the car failed miserably...bottom line.

Please, Lord, tell me that you are NOT basing these outrageous claims off a Defi boost gauge...PLEASE PLEASE say no...

Give'em Hell war, 28PSI my ASS............
Old Dec 23, 2006, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

something is not adding up here.....lol
Old Dec 23, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GT35REVO8

Wel that all depends on which Dyno you use. If you use Top Level Auto's Dyno you would probably make 1500WHP and then trap at 117MPH with race gas.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

when 5 ran alky, i boosted all the way to 28, held until 24... had a defi, and greddy e-01 to verify, both had similiar reads, and the e-01 logged it on a line graph...
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
Wel that all depends on which Dyno you use. If you use Top Level Auto's Dyno you would probably make 1500WHP and then trap at 117MPH with race gas.

You're a comedian
Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:07 PM
Account Disabled

Whats with the name calling? everyone has been really civil in this thread and lets keep it that way. When u learn how to talk without name callin then u will get a respectfull response

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
u can talk all the crap u want... point is u trapped 113

i did that untuned with just a mbc and dump tube... so your a fool..

then with a mail in... yes MAIL-IN < DYNOFLASH PLUG!

i picked up almost 3 mph.. on a cooler day it would have been 4mph..

since then i've had a custom jestr tune and a car i use to be side by side with 3rd 4th 4th gear any senario... (sti)
i now pull a little on him.. so theres even more power to be made

so now im going to guess 118/119 trap

Thanks have a nice day!
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Mr Talon, nah not to be impressive but just to make some points as u just mentioned to me. Why would i need to say hey if "Mr Talon says it cant hold boost then gosh jolly it cant" And no u made my point for me since it seems now u believe me that i held 28psi and it was a waste of hot air? Cause u say it cant be done doesnt mean it cant be done, its good to get good info from the internet but i also believe in trial and error. I go to the track every wed and fri at Englishtown to test my car doin different things to see what works, and when theres events on the weekend then i go, i dont sit and listen to "Mr Talon & Friends" say "no u know u didnt do that or no that cant be done" I have respect for your knowledge Mr Talon since u been in this business a long time but who are u to tell me what happens when i do things to my car?

Not to sound like some old tired geezer but ive been workin on cars close to 16 years, its my passion and i have great respect for workin on them and im always tryin different things, i started out with supras then got into dsms when i started working with the late Burt from Prospeed shop out in Long Island, for those who know who im talkin about and there were many who came from that shop. Most people dont know but that shop turned out Mr Sean Ivey himself, so no dissrespect Mr Talon but i do know what im doin. I had 2 "Talons" like u had in the 10's, and the best time for me was 10.8@134 with no nitrous, im #109 on the dsm list, http://dsmtimes.org/times.php?Header_Type=AWD&Page=2
back then i was like in the top 20's and now it just shows how fast everybody is getting and the bar is set even higher, i droped to 109. So i think i do have some type of knowledge of what im doin Mr Talon, back then i used to have people tell me "hey i saw on the internet guys saying if u do this or that it wont work"

Im no way knocking the internet sinces there so much usefull info but theres also nothing wrong with tryin something new, old, been done but not successful etc. Cause by goin out with my car and doin different things and seein if i can improve on it, many times u have to fail before u can succeed. I have alot of respect for members on this board who test parts and come back and give there opinion and test results, like uve done many times Mr Talon. Ive seen them get on u alot but it never stops u from doin everything possible to get all u can get out of your evo, without being secretive, that shows me u have passion for this and im just showin everyone we do the same.

Thats cuase alot of evom members never heard of me, doesnt mean i just started. Honestly just recently i started posting after i got my second evo and put a dyno in my shop. If u look at the join date one of my customers who started working for us, is always on the computer and changed his name from 97awdman to toplevelperformance so we can start sharing what we do to the evo me community, i dont post alot as he does but he keeps me updated on what goes on.

Now for this 28psi on my old 05, i admit i can be a nut for boost and performance when it comes to my personal car, so testing the limits and doin things different on my car is nothing new to me, yes it did hold 28psi and yes it was hot air hence the low mph. It all comes down to trial and error, i can tell a customer what happens when u do certain things, cause i did it myself and talk from experience not just say i saw Mr Talon say it cant happen so it cant be done. No disrespect big T, but i rather do things myself and thats how i got my old dsms to run and now i want to apply that to the evo. The 05 did 623hp at ttx but got totalled before i could take it to the track with those numbers, now i have a evo 9 with a evo 8 motor, i know i was to impatient waitin for the cams and aem but next year im hopin to run some good numbers with that car, as well as the shop evo.

Now back to the evo this thread is about, i know "Mr Talon & friends" keep tellin me im basically full of hot air for sayin the car held 28psi with the mbc, no problem this is a forum open for discussion, so i dont take anything personally
like stated i have respect for all on this board, thats why i want to try the car with the mbc and see if it holds boost on the track, remember guys trial and error only way to find out is to do it and see what happens, thats the passion i have and if it holds boost then lets see if the mph improves but if it doesnt and still tapers back down at the track and does the same crappy 113mph, then i come back and report to u guys what the car did and we can discuss cuase thats what this forum is a place to discuss and not to call each other names

This is not a babbling rant at u Mr Talon, i just wanted to let people who dont know me get some understanding of who i am, and what my shop is about.

I have a customer whos lookin at this thread and noticed your Warrtalon packages, i tell him those packages have been tested and proven to work, so he will be purchasing a package for his evo 9, so along with the passion remember its still a business too

all right all right im shutting up now, im done with my bio lol

Is that supposed to be impressive? WHy would I need to call you to figure out how to run 28psi when I can just go out and turn up my boost controller? I run 26psi, because 28psi didn't make much more power than 26psi on my car, so it was a waste of hot air. If you're trying to say you held 28psi to redline on the track in 4th gear but only trapped 116mph, then I think you've made my point for me. A 12.0 in those conditions is also not impressive at all. I ran 12.000 with stock cams on the same stock 05 turbo as you but with a peak of 24psi that was only seen on the street, but not on the track. On the track, my boost was below 20psi crossing the line...
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:39 PM
Account Disabled

bs on what 128? before u call bs atleast get your numbers straight. So quick to type without thinking. This dynojet is no different then other dynojets, the car was dynoed over 34psi, high psi just like your name. At that psi its not goin to make 340hp

High psi, your mouth traps more then your car actually does and thats on pump

Complete B.S. on 128, unless, maybe Nitrous to feed that sucker wide open. Trouble is you onky trapped at 116MPH, which is MEH for 28PSI.

Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

Im sure there are chat rooms that u can go into where u can discuss your ***, but we are talkin about the evo here not your *** stay on topic psi guy

Give'em Hell war, 28PSI my ASS............
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:53 PM
Account Disabled

failure can lead to success, dam i sound like yoda but Mr Talon, when your car doesnt do what u expect it to do, do u give up? sell the car and buy an Echo, nope u just go back make some adjustments and take the car back out and see what it can do, the car had the 272 cam in there but we didnt see any difference between that and the regular mivec cam. It was takin out but now that the gsc cams are out hes now lookin to get those but we want to track the car first as is before puttin the gsc cams in there.

Quick Reply: Evo IX dynoed at Top Level Auto 435hp 437tq stock turbo