Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Jestr E-Flash Experience.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John is the man, I chat with him on AOL everyday at work, and he has been helping answering my 35r questions with no attitude or negativity towards me, he is a A+ guy. Wouldnt go anyother way!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Wanted to pass on my expierience with Jestr e flash to you guys. I already had the Dynoflash e-flash and the tune was good, yes it took 2 weeks to get it but i never complained and lets not beat a dead horse. A week ago I needed to get a meth tune from dynoflash he may have been out of town or just too busy to respond to my PM regardless I needed an alternative. While looking through the forums this name Jestr kept coming up (best kept secret @ Evom). i found they were doing flashes and people had amazing things to say about the tune. I figured for $50 Id give it a shot. Jestr had my tune emailed back to me in 6 hours and 23 minutes! What a turn around. I then had some sort problem with my email server not letting the whole file into my email Jestr re zipped and sent another fixing the problem the same day. Now Im not gonna argue performance the tune feels good but so did my Dynoflash e-flash. Ill switch between the 2 @ the track in a few weeks but the point of this thread is fast service. My only hope is that he is always able to provide this type of service and doesnt become to bogged down. These tuners are a great asset to the Evo community. Just thought Id pass on my personal expierience.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jroller
Wanted to pass on my expierience with Jestr e flash to you guys. I already had the Dynoflash e-flash and the tune was good, yes it took 2 weeks to get it but i never complained and lets not beat a dead horse. A week ago I needed to get a meth tune from dynoflash he may have been out of town or just too busy to respond to my PM regardless I needed an alternative. While looking through the forums this name Jestr kept coming up (best kept secret @ Evom). i found they were doing flashes and people had amazing things to say about the tune. I figured for $50 Id give it a shot. Jestr had my tune emailed back to me in 6 hours and 23 minutes! What a turn around. I then had some sort problem with my email server not letting the whole file into my email Jestr re zipped and sent another fixing the problem the same day. Now Im not gonna argue performance the tune feels good but so did my Dynoflash e-flash. Ill switch between the 2 @ the track in a few weeks but the point of this thread is fast service. My only hope is that he is always able to provide this type of service and doesnt become to bogged down. These tuners are a great asset to the Evo community. Just thought Id pass on my personal expierience.

John is a standup guy, good to see you had a great experience with him.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Cant believe I havent heard more about him. I ll be puttin out the word.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I sent two buddies his way already! John if your reading this, when can you come to orange county for a road and/or dyno tune. I have a handfull of friends who are ready!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:43 PM
Pocket Mo

I'll let you know how the Northwest's Evos turn out with JestR's magic touch. We're all very very excited.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by andysoo8284
I'll let you know how the Northwest's Evos turn out with JestR's magic touch. We're all very very excited.

Your one lucky guy Deff let us know how it goes! good luck
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

John is so helpful and fast with his replies. He's helping us try to figure out a weird problem with an Evo7. I picked up my own custom flash as well, and he was quick and to the point. A+++! Maybe sometime he'll come to MA for a tuning day
Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 208 Likes on 123 Posts
Sorry for my newbiness, but he does do E-flashes for Evo 8's? I see nothing about it on his website, nor any instructions as to how I go about the process. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

What do I need to have an E-Flash done?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ill_take_one
Sorry for my newbiness, but he does do E-flashes for Evo 8's? I see nothing about it on his website, nor any instructions as to how I go about the process. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

What do I need to have an E-Flash done?
look on his site under M1 flash. that is what you need for an eflash to use with the tactrix cable.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:22 PM
Pocket Mo

Originally Posted by andifidie
Your one lucky guy Deff let us know how it goes! good luck
Tune is set for Nov. 4 so keep your eyes open for threads gushing about how sexy John is after that date.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:24 PM
cmz

Talking

Just finished working with John today. The flash ROCKS .

I sent him some datalogs (Evoscan + LM-1 Wideband), he sent me a flash. Definately woke my Evo up. Like someone else mentioned previously: don't need to downshift as much, mid range is much improved, car feels more consistent and pulls better all the way to redline. It's just what i wanted .

Best $50 I could have spent. It's a steal, really.

I've seen another tuner at work (on a friend's evo). His seething condescension was a complete turn-off for me. John is the exact opposite.

Best kept secret on EvoM indeed.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

i am very impressed with Jestr tuning just from reading a couple of threads.

1 Question: How much whp gain does a completely stock evo IX get from just the M1 flash?

has anyone checked the gains on a dyno?
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:03 AM
Pocket Mo

Average gains I've seen are from 15-20whp.

Once you get a TBE, MBC, and filter, now that's a WHOLE different ballgame.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joshesh
i am very impressed with Jestr tuning just from reading a couple of threads.

1 Question: How much whp gain does a completely stock evo IX get from just the M1 flash?

has anyone checked the gains on a dyno?
expect around 300-310whp and 300-315 ftlbs.

But its not all about power, your whole car will be "unlocked"

Rev limiters raised, boost tapper reduced, and your car will pull MUCH, MUCH smoother in every gear at any RPM. John works wonders and thats all there is too it. Best mod you can get IMO...

Now get your cable and your flash, I promise you will love it!

Quick Reply: Jestr E-Flash Experience.