Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Jestr E-Flash Experience.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jestr E-Flash Experience.

Hey everyone,

To those of you who know, and to those who don't. I have a IX GSR. After weeks of countless hours reading and researching I finally completed my first "stage" of modifications. These mods being.. HKS Hi-power catback, RS*R 1 piece downpipe/testpipe, Forge UNOS MBC, and vibrant cone intake filter.

Being that there is no one in my area that does flashes for IX's at this moment my only option was the ECUflash/E-flash route.

After more reading and research I decided that Jestr was the right tuner for my needs. I read nothing but positive reviews regarding both his work, and his fast and friendly service.

I asked him a few questions and explained to him my goals for my car. He was very understanding and friendly. I than sent him my stock ROM attached with a list of my modifications, driving style, fuel, and goals for what I was looking to improve on.

Within less than 2 days he had gotten my image back to me and it was ready to be flashed onto my ECU. After flashing the tune onto my car and driving around to test it I was floored. Power dilivery was smooth in everr single gear, there was no hint of turbo lag and boost tapering was greatly reduced. My car pulled harder and smoother than ever before. I simply cannot express the improvment felt throughout the entire powerband. It just pulls and pulls and pulls. It is much more fun and much easier to drive than when it was stock. My gas milage has also improved very much as well The acceleration is brutal. The only thing I can compare it to is my friends 996 gt2.. and we all know how fast those suckers are

For anyone considering getting a jestr tune or E-flash, go for it. He has great service and will answer any questions of you. A top notch tuner with results to back him up. If you go with jestr you will not be dissappointed.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep i can not wait till i finish installing the rest of my mods. so i can get tuned by him. but i wanted to know did you send him datalogs of your car with the list of mods?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

glad u had a good experience with him! i'm planning on getting a Jestre tune as well!
Old Oct 23, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
as i said to many people since my eflash. get it. once you got it your good. lol. this guy is great to chat with and ask questions without getting hit with negitive coments. he makes the best of what you got with a smile on the customers face everytime. i only wish i had 2 evos to do it again. but 1 is good enoff when you got this guy doing the job and doing it right. he should buy out mineike's saying. you wont pay alot but you will get alot. thats a fact.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just recently replaced my dynoflash eflash with a jestr M1 flash and there was a very noticeable difference between them both. my verdict-jestr for the win! car pulls harder up top and has neck snapping low end compared to my previous map. not to mention, i feel much safer since my low octane maps aren't so closely related to my high octane maps like with my dynoflash. with my DF, there was maybe a 2* difference in timing from high to low maps, maybe this is acceptable. but jestr left my low maps pretty much alone except some minor changes to fuel just to cover for the walbro, and i'm definitely not hitting the low maps since with that much of a safety net i would definitely feel the loss. by the way, this was just a straight through the internet base flash, i don't have a laptop to datalog, only a pocketlogger, but i was pleasantly suprised with jestr's flash, being that it was a very noticeable difference.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:07 PM

Sounds like an awesome experience. Plan on doing the same thing as soon as my MBC and walbro come in. Hope he doesnt end up raising his price anytime soon with the sudden increase in demand.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Jestr is awesome ! Im going to be installing MR headers, O2 housing, and a fuel pump. Ill have him flash me after that and im sure the results will be perfect as well
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jestr (John) is a great tuner and huge asset to the evo community. I had another flash tuner touch my car and all I can say is that my tune from Jestr ROCKS. Additionally, I chat with him almost daily about what my next mods should be and his approach is honest and logical.

I can't wait to have John do a custom tune ....
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i like it so much i got to post again about it. yeaaaaaaahh i got jestr flashed yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

nothing but positive experience with my jestr e-flash, and his customer service.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

does this jestr e flash have a website or how'd you contact him?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.jestrtuning.com/
Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great experience with jestr I don't have many mods so power isn't amazing but he's quick, fast, reliable and the tune is solid

What more do you want from a tuner anyways..
Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Awsome, get some track slips, you'll be pleased
Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Got an E-flash from him for my GF's bone stock RS. Amazingly noticeable difference the car came alive after I flashed itin it pulls way harder in every gear no more down shifting eaither. She was very satisfied 1 day turn around. After I get my cams in next month I hope he'll come to the NE and tune a bunch of us on the road

Quick Reply: Jestr E-Flash Experience.