Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Considering Megan? Zeus? Read this!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering Megan? Zeus? Read this!

I recently purchased the Megan Catback and Test pipe through Zeus! Here is my (lengthy) review!
First of all I have to say. If you are even considering buying Megan there is only one person you should consider...ZEUS! I wish he sold everything, if he did, I would purchase everything through him!

Here is my experience...

I have been considering which exhaust to get for some time. I was really afraid of getting a TBE that sounded ricey. I have listened to all the exhaust sound clips I could find and read all of the "which exhaust sounds best/quietst" threads. I reached a point where I realized that is retarded. Peoples opinons are only that and without knowing the person there is no way to know if you agree with thier opinion. Soundclips have to many variables. They are recorded with many (and cheap) recording devices and played back on all sorts of sound systems with all different settings. You could listen to two different clips of the exact same car and they would sound different. If you are researching right now the only thing I can say is "SOUND CLIPS DO NOT HELP! STOP LISTENING TO THEM" . I did have a chance to hear a couple of cars (Buschur TBE and AMS TBE). But I had never heard Megan. I now have a Works coated DP, Megan resonated test pipe and Megan Catback. I must say, this is the best sounding exhaust I have heard. It has a very nice deep rumble to it and really sounds mean at WOT. The resonated pipe really quiets it down. If you want a little louder just use a straight test pipe. That is what I had before. It may be a little to quite now but it really has a pleaseing sound.

So here is my system. You all have seen the other popular exhaust out there and you know what they come with and how they are priced (Buschur, AMS, Works, Greddy etc). Here is why I see this system is superior. For just over $800 I have a ceramic coated DP (Works) with perfect fitment and no ratteling, a polished resonated test pipe with a extra O2 bung for a wideband. Polished intermediate pipe with perfect fitment, O2 bung and resonater. N1 style straight through muffler with blued tip and removable silencer. Oh, and BTW, it comes with all of the bolts and gaskets that you will need . All together the system is the best I have heard. What other setup can give you ALL of that for that price?

For all of you haters, the Megan product is build very well and fits perfect and sounds better then the others I have heard so there is no way you can knock it in that since. A titanium exhaust may be a little lighter but I do not care about that extra pound or two. Oh and, it IS three inches all the way through, including in the muffler and resonators. It does NOT neck down anywhere.

One last thing and this is the most important part of all this rambeling!
I have very little patience for problems. I hate running in to problems with vendors. I am far to busy to be calling a vendor all day long. There is even a couple vendors on here that I have had a question or problem with that I have emailed, called, PM'ed and a month later still not heard back! There is even one that I emailed a month ago interested in a purchase and I still have not heard back! (I think we all know who some of these vendors are so I will not mention names ) So this is what happened to me. I asked Zeus a couple of dumbass questions through PM before I ordered. He responded very quickly and thourly and did not make me feel like an idiot. He shipped the item as soon as he recived the payment. It could not have been a quicker transaction. The item was recived promptly at my house but there was a problem. The issue was not something that was in Zeus's control. After a bit of communication with Zues and Megan they took care of me. I am not going to get into the details but I will say this! I was treated very well. Zues has your back and you will be treated the same way as if he was your good friend hooking you up with a good deal. I like to say "he is one of us". Megan was also very quick to respond and offer thier help. This is proven in the fact that other vendors would have not helped me and kept the money. In my situation they LOST money but still took care of me!! That is commitment! How many vendors are willing to lose money on you just to be sure you are happy? If you are ever considering a product that is similar to something megan sales I do not see why you would ever ourchase any different brand or why you would buy Megan from anybody other then Zeus!

Ok enough of all this BS, here are some pictures
(I had some more pre install but they have since been lost so here is a few installed)

BTW, Sorry about the dirty underside of the car. I just got back from the beach

Last edited by WTF_LOL; Dec 1, 2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 06:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey man, I'm just glad we got everything worked out for you!

...and I LOVE that last pic!!! What an Evo is supposed to be doing

Stole it for my personal collection!
Old Oct 29, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

So, I have been driving around with these two resonators (test pipe and intermediate pipe) now for a few days. The sound is a very nice deep rumble. It is so quite though! If anybody is looking for a quite exhaust this really is in my opinion. I have even considered going back to the straight test pipe because I liked it a little louder

Does anybody know if the resonator has ANY affect on power or flow in anyway?
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Where did you get your megan cat-back?
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

From yours truly of course!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp
Where did you get your megan cat-back?
Yup! got it from Zues! Soon to be getting some suspension through him as well if I can manage to hold onto my money long enough lol (I hate the Holiday seasone )
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

I got my Exhaust from zeus and i am sure ill be getting my coilovers from him soon also. Zeus is a great guy to have in the community!!! THX ZEUS
Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You guys are making me blush... ok, not really, but thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice review!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Ditto, got my setup from Zeus too, awesome experience and great price.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Any dyno numbers for this exhaust?

Also, Is the megan DP np good, or did you just want to go with works for other reasons?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:20 PM
Account Disabled

zeus will be getting my business in near future...
Old Jan 16, 2007, 08:31 PM

Zues how much for the Turbo back setup. I want mines quiet and have a 05 evo ACD. Let me know thanks
Old Jan 16, 2007, 09:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The 05-06' downpipes are still on back order due to a redesign. Any vendor selling an 05-06 owner a Megan or Megan “type” downpipe (regardless of company) right now is selling a 03-04 fitment. There have been repeated fitment problems with these on 05's and up. It will be late January/early February before there is one available from Megan for 05-06 Evos.

The last freakin' delay was the manufacturer running out of 3" 304 tubing
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:42 AM

Ok PM me when ou hear anything. I want one late jan or early feb

Quick Reply: Considering Megan? Zeus? Read this!