Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

TTP - Zeus Megan - Buschur - Jestr parts installed this weekend on my IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTP - Zeus Megan - Buschur - Jestr parts installed this weekend on my IX MR

*Had this in another section, prolly more suited here w/ the small reviews.*

Saturday I finally got a chance to hit the auto hobby shop and do some installing.

Installed:
TTP 3" Downpipe fully exhaust wrapped
Megan resonated testpipe
Megan catback
Mechanical CEL fix
Forge UNOS MBC @ 22psi
Buschur Intake pipe + filter
Jestr M1 tune

The TTP downpipe fit ok, it cleared the oil pan perfectly but is VERY close to the TC. It is also touching the frontmost bottom tie-bar. The wrap might actually make it all look closer than it is. I'll have to space out the tie-bar and tweak a little to move the downpipe a bit.

The Megan stuff all fit without a hitch and was a pretty easy install. The o2 sensor was a serious pita to get out of the stock cat, had to use a sensor tool and an impact wrench =/. No CEL lights though!

Took a bit of tinkering with the MBC and my Evo15 DV. Finally ended up with the soft spring in the MBC w/ 25 clicks and the blue spring plus one shim in the DV. She is holding 22psi very well with almost no taper. Had the stronger springs in for the first test run and spiked at 30psi ... ouch. Blew the UICP off the intake manifold on the way back to the garage. Man, it builds pressure fast, spool time was greatly reduced. Quick set of spring changes and all good now.

The Buschur intake pipe and filter all fit up real nice. Just had to do some fanangling to get the DV all hooked up to the stock UICP and the intake pipe. And by fanangling I mean chopping up a stock hose to make it work. The sound is great. Can really hear the spool up and it has a nice whoosh from the DV. Not too loud.

The Jestr M1 tune is running great. Did a 1-5 WOT run and only got about 4 counts of total knock the whole run. That's much less than I was getting on the stock tune. Very happy with the tune!

So, my mini review:

TTP DP and Forge MBC from TTP

Megan Resonated Test Pipe and Catback from, the man, Zeus

Buschur Intake Pipe + Filter

Jestr M1 tune wow, what an amazing bang for the buck tune.

Next weekend will be track time to see how my times improved.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good review. I'm just not sure why people are replacing their stock IX DVs with something that is basically identical.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man u waisted no time Good Luck!!