Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Zeus’ review of Jestr Tuning

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 01:55 PM
Pocket Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeus
Even you guys who can't get a custom dyno tune owe it to yourself to get a "remote tune"! That was what my above review was all about! Can't wait for a custom dyno tune... and maybe that tune will be served up with a little alky for my Evo
Same here. Jestr custom tune with a side of Alky. 370-400whp for dessert.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Zeus, you will not regret the money you spend with jester tuning!! John is the best guy for the job, not cause he's a good tuner, but cause he works so hard to make the customer happy and still keep the car in a safe area. He is a damn good tuner on top of the hard work he puts toward pleaseing his customers. just my 2 cents. kasey
Old Dec 1, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Another happily JestR tuned rocket!

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience (albeit his tunes were so popular I had to wait 7 hours for a dyno tune, but that was a dyno day, so I can't really complain!)

BEn
Old Dec 1, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't say enough about Jestr tuning. John is definetly the man. When I got my car dyno tuned in Oregon there was no "tension" in the air like there was with another tuner I tried just a couple of months before. John is easy going and down to earth, he talks to you with respect and treats his coustomers like they were long time friends. John does not "talk down to" or get cocky attitudes when asked questions. Instead he replies to the questions with enthusiasim and tries to give the customer the best answer possible. It seems John's sole mission is to make his customers happy and make the tunning experience enjoyable. I would absolutly recommend John to anyone looking for real results and unsurpassed customer service. John has restored my hope in EVO tuners because untill I had the pleasure of John touching my car - I was absolutly disgusted in my prior "choice" of tuner. I just did'nt know how disgusted I was untill John made the first pull on the dyno. I'm almost ashamed to say what my EVO 9 put down on the first pull. I have the following mods: AMS intercooler/LICP, WORKS DP, Helix HFC, Espiler cat-back, Forge MBC, Injen intake/UICP. To John's surprise, and mine, the first pull was 231awhp. I was pissed that not even 2 month before, I paid "the other tuner" 300 freakin dollars to make my poor car SLOWER than a bone stock EVO 9. John worked his magic and instantly got the car from 231 to 278awhp. He then had me put the fuse in for my meth injection and I ended up with 347awhp. I have an MR and John made the pulls in 4th gear instaed of 3rd like he did for the regular 5 speed EVO's. All in all I was blown away by John's ability to get me almost 50awhp JUST ON HIS FIRST TRY. John is IMHO an awesome tuner. I can't wait for him to return so I can get my new mods tuned. Pretty soon I will be installing a set of Kelford 272 cams, and FPGreen turbo. I can't wait to see what John will be able to do with these new "toys".
Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

i have had a few diffrent tunes from a few well known tuners. i have my jestr tune in with my cams now. just a mail in flash and the moment i put it in it cleaned my car up so well. perfect idle and the car felt so great doing pulls. cant wait to get my custom tune when i head back down south.+1 for john for sure.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Got an E-Flash from John for the bone stock RS *** dyno loves it the car really woke up. Daily driving pleasure doubled for sure. I will be having him tune my car this spring after the cams, spring, retainers, and the timing components go in. I cant wait
Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Just ordered my m1 flash from John today too! I'm freaking hyped and have Zeus installing the parts, the car should be totally different come monday.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

See, this is what it is all about... look at all of these people! Not just in this thread, but in all the Jestr threads scattered about Evom. Like I said before, EVEN if he DIDN'T pull the biggest numbers, or quite the fastest times, I'd still go where myself, and my car are treated so well!

I really don't think power is going to be a problem for any of John's tunes though
Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Inprogress
Just ordered my m1 flash from John today too! I'm freaking hyped and have Zeus installing the parts, the car should be totally different come monday.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

oh and btw, Zeus's EVO is a friggin beast ... pushed me back in the seat even when he shifted into 5th!!!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

As I have stated before, I got a Jestr tune and I am 100% happy too. I put down plenty of power on the dyno afterwards and the service was excellent! I hope I can get a custom tune someday.

I had my 03 for over 2 years and never got a flash because I would hear good stuff and then always hear bad stuff about people getting flashes. After doing a lot of research, and never finding a single bad thing about John or his tunes, I decided to get one for my 06.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmmm ... Interesting.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Inprogress
oh and btw, Zeus's EVO is a friggin beast ... pushed me back in the seat even when he shifted into 5th!!!
It's alright... for a "remote tune"
Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PA-silver03evo
As I have stated before, I got a Jestr tune and I am 100% happy too. I put down plenty of power on the dyno afterwards and the service was excellent! I hope I can get a custom tune someday.

I had my 03 for over 2 years and never got a flash because I would hear good stuff and then always hear bad stuff about people getting flashes. After doing a lot of research, and never finding a single bad thing about John or his tunes, I decided to get one for my 06.
Same here! I had an 05 Evo 8 and the only reason why I never got it flashed was because there would always be someone who was not satisfied with that particular flash for one reason or another. After reading about jestrtuning's M1 flash for a week and not seeing a single negative feedback about the product I felt more at ease with giving it a try. All I can say is this car is better than stock and with no issues at all!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
It's alright... for a "remote tune"
Must be hard staying humble/modest with that car ey

Quick Reply: Zeus’ review of Jestr Tuning