Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Zeus’ review of Jestr Tuning

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith
I can't say enough about Jestr tuning. John is definetly the man. When I got my car dyno tuned in Oregon there was no "tension" in the air like there was with another tuner I tried just a couple of months before. John is easy going and down to earth, he talks to you with respect and treats his coustomers like they were long time friends. John does not "talk down to" or get cocky attitudes when asked questions. Instead he replies to the questions with enthusiasim and tries to give the customer the best answer possible. It seems John's sole mission is to make his customers happy and make the tunning experience enjoyable. I would absolutly recommend John to anyone looking for real results and unsurpassed customer service. John has restored my hope in EVO tuners because untill I had the pleasure of John touching my car - I was absolutly disgusted in my prior "choice" of tuner. I just did'nt know how disgusted I was untill John made the first pull on the dyno. I'm almost ashamed to say what my EVO 9 put down on the first pull. I have the following mods: AMS intercooler/LICP, WORKS DP, Helix HFC, Espiler cat-back, Forge MBC, Injen intake/UICP. To John's surprise, and mine, the first pull was 231awhp. I was pissed that not even 2 month before, I paid "the other tuner" 300 freakin dollars to make my poor car SLOWER than a bone stock EVO 9. John worked his magic and instantly got the car from 231 to 278awhp. He then had me put the fuse in for my meth injection and I ended up with 347awhp. I have an MR and John made the pulls in 4th gear instaed of 3rd like he did for the regular 5 speed EVO's. All in all I was blown away by John's ability to get me almost 50awhp JUST ON HIS FIRST TRY. John is IMHO an awesome tuner. I can't wait for him to return so I can get my new mods tuned. Pretty soon I will be installing a set of Kelford 272 cams, and FPGreen turbo. I can't wait to see what John will be able to do with these new "toys".
I cant wait for jestr to come over to out area for custom tuning!! i too had one of those custom tune that absolutely "felt no difference before and after" in the past on my VIII.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 04:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, I haven't seen people this excited for a while
Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Another happy Jestr tuned Evo owner. He is hands down the most knowledgeable tuner with the stock ECU. On top of that he is nice, and treats you with respect. And what beats all, he will return your calls, PM's and emails. Imagine that???

Brian
Old Dec 7, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
Another happy Jestr tuned Evo owner. He is hands down the most knowledgeable tuner with the stock ECU. On top of that he is nice, and treats you with respect. And what beats all, he will return your calls, PM's and emails. Imagine that???

Brian
Did Jestr scale your 660 injectors ?

Was Jestr tuning able to tame your idle with the 272 cams ?

How does your Evo start ?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

I just got his m1 flash recently too and my reaction in driving my evo went from to
Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spec'd
Did Jestr scale your 660 injectors ?

Was Jestr tuning able to tame your idle with the 272 cams ?

How does your Evo start ?
What the deal with that?

I have 680cc injectors with HKS 272/272 cams on OE gears. Cranks on the first "bump", and does not lope enough for me anymore
Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
What's the deal with that?

I have 680cc injectors with HKS 272/272 cams on OE gears. Cranks on the first "bump", and does not lope enough for me anymore

Zeus,

It was just a question... I certainly didn't mean anything negative.

The reason I asked, is because I have some 272 cams, valve springs/retainers that I have not installed yet.

I'm thinking about getting a getting a set of FIC 650 injectors too.

I just want to make sure that I'll be happy with the car. I'm currently
running an Xede which I am very happy with.

With all that said ... I just want more power without giving up drivability.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

It runs, starts, and idles great with the 660cc injectors and 272 cams. Jestr has the injector scaling and latencies down, so that makes running with larger injectors easy for him.

Brian
Old Dec 8, 2006, 07:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Spec'd
Zeus,

It was just a question... I certainly didn't mean anything negative.

The reason I asked, is because I have some 272 cams, valve springs/retainers that I have not installed yet.

I'm thinking about getting a getting a set of FIC 650 injectors too.

I just want to make sure that I'll be happy with the car. I'm currently
running an Xede which I am very happy with.

With all that said ... I just want more power without giving up drivability.
No, no. I didn't mean it that way. Most competent tuners should have no problem with that, and I didn't understand why it would make a difference. However, I was not happy with my Xede experience. That, I'm sure, had more to do with the flash than the Xede itself though.

Like I said, if anything, the car is no longer as "lopey" as other tuners I've used in the past. Which I personally kinda like a lope, as long as it does not ever stall.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Zeus and TURBODAWG ,

Thankyou for answering my questions.

This is looking real good.

I'm very excited about this.

It looks like I'll be contacting Jestr tuning in the near future.

I wouldn't mind a little lopeyness as long as the car doesn't stall.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Zeus,

thank you for that excellent write up! sounds like Jestr really knows his stuff and cares about his clients. i truely believe with tuners like Jestr and AMS out pounding the pavement those "other guys" are really going to have to change their attitudes or get out of the game.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The lope "kinda" takes me back to my V8 days in the 80's. With Turbo Trix, it was delightfully lopey without ANY stalls, and I liked it (Mustang 342whp/317ft lbs bolt ons).

However, I'll give up the lope for the power!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
The lope "kinda" takes me back to my V8 days in the 80's. With Turbo Trix, it was delightfully lopey without ANY stalls, and I liked it (Mustang 342whp/317ft lbs bolt ons).

However, I'll give up the lope for the power!
You guys are funny -- you want 'lopey' feel ??? Why would you want the car to idle rough -- to let folks know you have an aftermarket / performance setup? In the old days you had to sacrifice the low end / drivability factor for the top end performance, but in today's cars that can be almost eliminated except in extreme setups.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

What did he tune your AFR's too?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Talking Jestr

Yep! John is the perfect example of how to conduct business in a polite and professional manner. Ultra slick. Not your typical smack talking hot rodder. He likes to let the results speak for themselves it seems... Awesome.

320 hp

320 tq

on a stock turbo with the usual stage one mods.

stroker 3076 with meth and nitrous?
to be continued...

Quick Reply: Zeus’ review of Jestr Tuning