Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

GST Motorsports, Long Testimonial, but well deserved...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GST Motorsports, Long Testimonial, but well deserved...

what it do my ninjas and ninjettes...!? :P feelin' pretty goofy right now, for reasons I will reveal to you... My car is finally at the level I deem worthy of speakin' about... now before I begin, I will say thank you to gruppe-s for their great prices, ok, done with that. I've had my car in and out of there a few times over the last year getting new things added here and there as well as getting it tuned. I don't know, nor do I care, about how their dyno compares to other dynos, be it mustang or dynojet, that are out there. From what I gathered, that dyno has had a dodge viper dyno on it, rated at 500hp from the factory. This viper laid down 385hp on their dyno. My car on their dyno earlier this year laid down 275hp. Those numbers were produced with:
TBE
Intake
fuel pump & injectors
272 camshafts
MBC(21psi)

good numbers from what I'm told... but about 110hp shy of even thinking about messing with a Viper.
Now the fun part... over the last few months I have been compiling parts in my wee-apartment, consisting of a perrin fmic, camgears, ic piping, sheet metal intake manifold, and *cough* AMS 50trim kit ... so, I got the intallation done at gruppe-s, by their new mechanic, of whom I didn't know about until after I dropped my car off... after finally getting my car back after a week because of a few mishaps, I had to then drive around off boost for about another 4 days because of mischeduling of my tuner mike by gruppe-s. This was totally not mike's fault being that he was ready to tune on the original day I was scheduled to be tuned. Reason it took so long was because there happened to be a few parts missing in the kit that were overlooked by the new mechanic at gruppe-s up until everything was already taken apart, which had my car left on their lift for about a week until the parts made it from IL. In their mechanic's defense, though, the little things that were missing from the kit could have easily been over looked by anyone...
anyone inexperienced...

so I finally make it to mike for my tune, boo-yaka-sha! wait... PROBLEMS!!!
lucky for me, I decided to not be stupid over the weekend (coming home from ste 181 sat night to have some srt-4 try to mess with me on the bridge) and decided to stay off boost. Before Mike was ready to tune my car, he wanted everything checked out by his techs (Lolo and Tommy; MasterBlaster). I hear them laughing as they are looking under the hood... (confusion apparent in my facial expression) they ask me if I ever hit positive boost since I got my car back from gruppe-s. I tell them no, didn't wanna take a chance of poppin' the motor. They then breathe a sigh of relief. I ask them why? Turns out my fuel pressure regulator was not reconnected after the install, hmm, interesting. Later then find a few leaks from the oil return lines to the turbine aswell. So after a while it finally gets put up on the dyno... boo-yaka-sha! ... wait for it... PROBLEMS yet again! The manual boost controller, which has worked perfectly fine since the time I bought it up until the time I dropped the car off at gruppe-s took a dump. So, needless to say, I had to order a new boost controller, and decide to step it up and get an AVC-R (Thank you Gruppe-s for the great price, which compensated for the cost of labor fixing the problems and the previous MBC :P). Until it came in, however, I had to settle for a tune straight off the wastegate which had a 15psi spring...
310hp :shock:
so, 6psi less than the stock turbo, and already 35hp more!
Now for the comment on GST Motorsports customer service:
So, I was scheduled to have my car tuned earlier today (tuesday), but thanks to my manager deciding to change my work schedule on the fly(bastard) I thought I wasn't able to make it in for tuning... they let me know that this was the only available time, being that they are gonna be pretty much booked up until jan, I was already willing to accept that I was gonna be rolling on 310 until then. I then get a call back from Greg (my *****) at gst asking where in pleasant hill do I work, Derek (AVC-R Guru) came all the way up here from hayward and we traded cars. "WTF!?," you say... yes, he let me use his car to get to work so they could get my car there and tuned. my day was officially made... so I arrive at GST after work, and am greeted to the tune of my agency power exhaust screaming like a ***in' bat out of hell on the dyno... Mike (The Mad Scientist) steps out of my car with an "I smell doo-doo" look on his face, and points to the dyno chart...
358hp
A grin reminiscent of the cheshire cat begets my face, and one word swells in my head, dominance... After the tuning session, Derek gets in the passenger seat and we then begin commencement of tuning the avc-r in every gear, 4th-5th on the freeway, and 1st-2nd on a little backstretch who's street name will remain nameless... the ammount of time they spent with me is so deservant of my praise, and I swore to spread the word about their great service and expertise... these are people that aren't out just to get your money, they have the same passion for cars as you do and will never try to sell you something you don't need, and for that they have a customer out of me for life, I just hope they don't get sick of seeing me :P
so, to finally end this testimonial, I leave with a final thought... while on the drive home from GST, I think back to what I was told about viper and it's dyno numbers, I am just 25hp shy of being a "snake charmer," I think I can live with that 8) GST Motorsports : 510-264-9049
I'll post my dyno charts soon cause I have to find my scanner in one of the boxes after I moved ( If anyone from gst can post'em up, feel free)
Thank you to anyone who took the time in reading this and thank you again GST Motorsports... L8z...
Old Dec 20, 2006, 02:01 AM
Yme
Evolved Member

Awesome customer service
Old Apr 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

i plan on doing some things with gst as well. how do you like the 50 trim
Old Apr 15, 2007, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

they wont sell you something you dont need. My buddy with a sti wanted the hks bov and flange they had for his car, and they wouldnt sell it to him because it isnt good on our cars.

Last edited by evilevo22; Apr 15, 2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

yea, they are definitely good people to work with... they'll give honest recommendations that aren't out to get top dollar from you. the 50trim, hehe, there really aren't words to describe it... pulls and pulls... haha, I got on it one time in first gear with my friend in the car, the initial pull knocked his hat off and into the back seat! lol...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

LMAO ballin man... looking for a good shop that can do work on my X... need to do some basic installs first (clutch etc)... and then for some tune.... definitely will look up GST
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

GST ftw!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about GST. Results speak for themselves. IM hoping to meet Bryan myself one day