Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Devo Tuning in South Barrington

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexat.. this thread was for Devo tuning.. you want to boast about AMS why dont you reply to their thread.. There's a bunch of reasons I wouldnt go to ams... just not obvious to you I guess..
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

I saw a Devo car blow up at AMS's first track day at the Autobahn. Just thought Id mention that...
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:18 AM

Yeah I saw that too... It was more of a thing about when not if it was gonna pop.. But its got newer and interesting things going in it now... It'll be back out this season..
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8Mikey
Yeah I saw that too... It was more of a thing about when not if it was gonna pop.. But its got newer and interesting things going in it now... It'll be back out this season..
So wait. Your telling me they knowingly took a car that was probably going to blow up on the track, where it oiled down the track and could have presented a horrific traction/accident hazard to many novice track drivers? Ill avoid the track when Devo cars are around from now on if thats how they opperate. Awful...
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

It's not the mechanical aspect of Devo as Adam does a fantastic job in that, its the tuning where personally i think he doesnt shine on *via ecuflash*. Other management systems I have zero clue on how much he knows.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure what that means...

This guy knows ALOT about evo's! that any other shops I work on my car alone, but he will do tha clutch change after winter since i don't have a lift.

Show me a place where you can buy Test pipe for $25 (yes used) or entire center piece for $20 with hand rest. IF it comes for evo parts! or you looking for some oem stuff, go to devo tunning....... they got tons of evo parts.

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Unless your polish or know adam very well he will do a half *** job.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan, arn't you Polish ?

Last edited by Mitchubishievo; Dec 27, 2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

i am lol, and now i drive the car that was f ' ed by devo tuning, aka, mitchubishi's last evo
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sekula
i am lol, and now i drive the car that was f ' ed by devo tuning, aka, mitchubishi's last evo

lol w.e i would go to devo =]
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo8Mikey
If I knew my car was going to blow up I wouldn't put everyone else on the track in jeopardy. That is extremely selfish. I too witnessed that day in joliet.
And I didn't say anything bad about Devo I simply stated that some of the fastest Evo's in the nation is built right down the street. Why go anywhere else? Yes every shop has their issues. I've never had or seen a problem come from AMS, if there was a problem I'm sure it would be fixed. I did see first hand a shop car from Devo have serious issues. Still haven't said anything bad about them.
And what does being Polish have to do with where you take your car?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 12:09 PM

It wasnt so much as to putting the track or anyone else at jeopardy.. the car was running fine, its just that I dont think that motor was ever gone through once since it had been built a long time ago.. AMS maybe down the street I just choose for simple reasons not to go there with my car.. Devo's always taken good care of my car though Im sorry to hear about your misfortune I dont think that its normal practice. He's done good work on quite a few fast cars..
Old Dec 29, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

First off adam showed all the guys at ams how to work on evo's. People get your story stright. Adam left ams becasue he wanted to do his own thing. Ams still buys heads , blocks , and mics parts that adam always gets. Ams really cant say anything bad about him because they both still work togther.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
First off adam showed all the guys at ams how to work on evo's. People get your story stright. Adam left ams becasue he wanted to do his own thing. Ams still buys heads , blocks , and mics parts that adam always gets. Ams really cant say anything bad about him because they both still work togther.
People just dont see what goes on behind locked shop doors..... or after hours... Jmartinez I can second that first hand.. I'll say also that AMS and Adam arent the only one's working together in the industry... There's quite a few big names calling for parts too..
Old Dec 29, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Well that may be, but Im still up in arms about anyone that would put their car on the track with a possible engine failure waiting to happen.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

tristar, everytime you take your car out there is possibility for faliure. There are so many variables that can happen to cause engine faliure. Its not like the DEVO car which is a customer's car had a shelf life. You cant say that 1 year and 2 months on the 2nd week on friday at 12:33 my car is going to blow up. Not to mention from what adam himself told me as we looked at the piston that was the after math.........this is what a piston looks like after winding out 3rd gear and putting it back in 2nd!....I like AMS and DEVO, they are both very professional and im glad that i can easily do buisness with both. Like someone said earlier every shop has horror stories. 9 times out of 10 they are made up from a customer who probably spent a ton of money and over drove the car. Final point Adam and DEVO Tuning does good work!