Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

RnR's *new* business??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolution[OH]
Wow, I'm glad my exhaust arrived Ok. I see someone ordered exhaust from them in May, and still didn't get it. Mine arrived in May. It took them 2 weeks and tracking # was wrong.

Sorry to hear about you guys. People like Ryan always amazed me........
Does that mean you have the RNR cat-back with HKS muffler, or did you actually buy the full HKS Ti cat-back?

Stew, if I can find out anything, I'll PM you.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
/\/\/\ RnR.... Cat-back with HKS Carbon Ti muffler..... Why, major difference? Seems pretty straight through design, and served me well so far
Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Um, yes, HUGE difference. You have a regular Chinese, Ebay-style exhaust with an HKS muffler welded on. You do not have a TI exhaust...wow.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prj.evo
Wow. What all did you buy for $10,000?
2.4L long block w/Stg 3 head, cams, cam gears, timing belt, motor mounts, injectors, 50 trim turbo kit, recirc valve, plugs/wires, intake, etc etc. My motor blew 10 months ago, and I'm having a hell of a time just getting the damn car back on the road.

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Stew, if I can find out anything, I'll PM you.
Thanks man.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Um, yes, HUGE difference. You have a regular Chinese, Ebay-style exhaust with an HKS muffler welded on. You do not have a TI exhaust...wow.
My friend has Hks Carbon Ti..........Same exhaust, same sound. His welds look more .......... You're saying that muffler is off eBay........Then let it be, like I said serves me well and have no problem with it......
Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Well, thanks anyways. Back then Ryan had an Ok rating, I didn't know it was a scam or anything. I still don't cause I like it, but then it answer why they're going out of business.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not the muffler, the piping. It's rumored that they source from the same people as the Ebay sellers for their exhausts ... their HKS exhaust is the same piping with a real HKS muffler welded on.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolution[OH]
My friend has Hks Carbon Ti..........Same exhaust, same sound. His welds look more .......... You're saying that muffler is off eBay........Then let it be, like I said serves me well and have no problem with it......
You're not understanding. I did not say the muffler was from Ebay. I said the EXHAUST is from Ebay, and the muffler is made by HKS. They take a standard stainless steel exhaust and weld an HKS Carbon/TI muffler on to it. If your friend has an HKS Carbon TI cat-back, then his whole exhaust is made of titanium. That is not the same thing. If what he has is the same as yours, then he also does not have an HKS exhaust. Did you not know these were 2 completely different exhausts?

The HKS is a true titanium exhaust that costs you around $800.

The RNR one is a stainless steel exhaust with an HKS muffler that costs you $650 and this is how they describe it on their site:

"Here it is the best of both worlds combined for one bling, bling exhaust system. We are using 3" SS piping and adding a true HKS Carbon/TI muffler to the end of it for a sweet looking exhaust on the EVO 8."
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

You're not understanding. I did not say the muffler was from Ebay. I said the EXHAUST is from Ebay, and the muffler is made by HKS. They take a standard stainless steel exhaust and weld an HKS Carbon/TI muffler on to it. If your friend has an HKS Carbon TI cat-back, then his whole exhaust is made of titanium. That is not the same thing. If what he has is the same as yours, then he also does not have an HKS exhaust. Did you not know these were 2 completely different exhausts?

The RNR one is a stainless steel exhaust with an HKS muffler that costs you $650 and this is how they describe it on their site:

"Here it is the best of both worlds combined for one bling, bling exhaust system. We are using 3" SS piping and adding a true HKS Carbon/TI muffler to the end of it for a sweet looking exhaust on the EVO 8."
He's got titanium......... Mine is SS, but no biggie, right? A little heavier.....

Anyways I undertood your point.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

This might help anyone who is confused right now... http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1155

Special Edition HKS Carbon / Titanium Hi-Power Exhaust systems are available for certain popular applications. These exclusive versions of the Hi-Power Exhaust consist of a carbon fiber wrapped stainless muffler shell, a 120mm titanium tip, and polished stainless steel piping.

Good luck with everything Stew. Like i have said before, if you need anything don't be afraid to ask.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:16 PM

HKS doesn't have titanium piping either:

http://hksusa.com/products/?id=1155

Edit: Oops, GNV beat me to it.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:19 PM
M10
Evolving Member

If I'm not mistaking the HKS Carbon Ti is 2.95" SS piping with a 4" Ti muffler. AFAIK, HKS has yet to produce a full Ti catback system ( muffler and piping) for the Evo.

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ust&prodid=474

Edit: Everyone beat me to it.

Last edited by M10; Jan 22, 2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:22 PM

For your information the HKS Carbon Ti is not titanium all around. Only the muffler tip is. The rest is SS tubing like the Hi Power. I know because I have one and disppointed when I found out.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
Account Disabled

800 dollars for basically a stainless steel exhaust? The only thing titanium is the tip and the muffler portion just has a carbon overlay? That's a total waste! If I wanted a JDM cat-back for that price I would get the full titanium GReddy cat-back.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, that means the HKS Ti is more worthless than I thought. Even so, the RNR version is not the same as the HKS version, but it does have the same muffler.

Quick Reply: RnR's *new* business??